Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 254565707172737475

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Joy lovely to see you here. How has the weather been where you are at? We had sun in the 60s yesterday. I got to work outside a little until I hurt myself to tears lol. The usual. Today it is supposed to be beautiful. More of whatever I can stand outside. You be careful and come when you can. Lots of love and hugs coming your way.

Jingle I hope you get your sun today. The weather has been so depressing. I am happy for our sunshine here today. Yes I am supposedly paid off from my ex husband's child support. He still owes the state of Michigan over $32,000 but his obligation to me is paid off after 27 yrs of on and off child support. Now I get SSI $771 a month and $295 in child support for my youngest which will end in January of 2020. I have no clue what I will do then. I have been kind of looking for a job or trying to find a way to make some money. Too bad fostering doesn't bring in any money lol. I have thought of driving but I don't know how long my body could stand it. If I could work from home I would. I have thought of something like maybe some at home editing for papers or articles. I see so many with misspellings and worded wrong and it really bugs my OCD. Now when I write I mostly write the way I would talk. In college you don't get away with it lol. Unless I was writing a fiction story then they would let me get away with a little in the dialogue but that was it. I was 4.0 in college and had a lot of classes with writing. As a reader of fiction I know they get away with a lot. Especially the more popular authors.

Finally got my patio screens kitty proof now they aren't that interested in getting out lol. Going to reconfigure my fence plans, I still have some pieces that I need to buy but I need to make sure before I start buying the last parts. I have considered just putting up the fence and then dealing with the township if they come out. I am making sure the fence is small, unobtrusive and impermanent. I am chomping at the bit to get started. I am going to put a doggy door out on the patio so I don't have to either prop the door open or climb down the steps to let the dogs out.

Looks like little Odin is staying with us. Jared is in love and I don't know how adoptable he is with his eye the way it is. He had surgery and the eye was not only salvageable but he has some vision in it. He still has some healing to do but he got a clean bill of health from the vet and has been released. He has a white spot, almost like a cataract right in the center, she said he might not be able to see well out of it but as for the rest he is good. He is still skittish and always runs when you first come in a room but then comes out once he realizes you aren't coming after him lol. He is only about 5 months old. A real little cutie. I will post a before and after though you can't see how well his eye is doing in the second one.

Two of my ferals are going to barns. Los Gatos has asked me to work with Louise to see if we can give her a chance to become adoptable. She is aggressively friendly lol. All I can do to get their cage cleaned each morning and fed again in the evening with her loving on me and demanding to be rubbed. Raven is in the adoption room for a month. She won't be there long I am sure. Torti's get adopted quickly. So I am almost down to my own. I think I will take a break and concentrate on my yard for a bit.

My yard has been ignored for the last two years thanks to my pain levels but I have some stuff out there that has to be taken care of. CJ's shed blew apart during all these windy days we have had so Brandon went and finished tearing it down yesterday. Lots more to go also and the garage won't take much to clean out. I already have someone who is interested in coming and getting the scrap and I have quite a bit to go.

Well that is the most that is happening. Things are going. Always slow but still forward.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow I am bored out of my mind, my kitchen is clean and so is my living room. Bathroom needs cleaning. I am itching to get outside but it is cold out today. Even been considering crafting or something. I am tired of sitting on this computer all day. Will have to go out and fix the screen door again because Bella has once again popped the screen and spline out of the wood screen door on the patio. Menard's door and the original spline fit in the groove exactly which is ridiculous because it is supposed to be a tad bigger. I bought bigger but it is hollow so it squishes down to the same size as the old. Very disappointing.

My lawn has reached beyond needing to be mowed lol, when the dogs go out there are some areas where all you can see is tip of tails lol. Don't know when I will have the money to order a starter for the mower. It is not much but I just don't have the money. I think I am going to have to throw myself on the neighbor man's mercy and beg for help. I hate that but I know he will do it for free. I am going to ask him to help with the fence also, I know he has the know how and he has the equipment.

Louise my last feral foster has graduated to having the run of the foster room. I have her a little open crate setup with her box and her bed. She loves that dang box and all I did was cut a hole in the side of a box that had a bag of litter in it and she has been sleeping in there. She is a little disconcerted by the wide open space in there now but I can see she is getting use to it because she comes out when I go in. Not right up to me yet but she will again. She doesn't seem to be afraid of my kitties. Won't know about dogs for a little while.

Well it is early and I have to take my morning meds, feed the herd and find something to do. I hope you all had a great mother's day and hope to see yous soon.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 254565707172737475