Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011163656 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

dawn, i wish i was someplace warm, too! i feel like i need a couple of days at the beach!

joy, sorry you have a sore throat. i got my flonase prescription filled and started using it because my sinuses were bothering me so much and i was sneezing so hard. i'm happy to say that it's been working for me now for about 5 days. i'm sleeping much better and i don't wake up and feel like i have to sneeze.

hey clouds! hope you are doing good and that you don't get too much snow!

we're supposed to get cold here again this week. temperatures back into the teens. we had a few days above freezing last week. some of the snow melted and i had about 6 inches of water at the end of my driveway where it dips down into the street. there is a sewer drain every second house, so i got my shovel and started digging out a 3 foot high pile of snow down to the street. i wanted to get a small pathway for the water to drain from the end of my driveway. i worked at it for probably an hour, hour and a half and i finally got the water draining. it took a few hours to drain, but the water is gone now and the path will still be there when more snow melts, unless it snows again .

so, i am getting antsy and need to do something. i want to paint the bedrooms here but i need advice on a color from my daughter and we haven't talked yet. i'll have to call her and talk to her soon.

i called pati today because i was worried that she hasn't posted in a while. her computer is down, unfortunately. she sounds great though! so i am happy about that .

labella, it was nice to see you post. i had an indian lady as a friend and a lot of indians, especially of a certain religion, burn different kinds of herbs in their homes for various reasons. some burn them after taking a bath. i don't know if the lady you work with smells differently because of the foods she eats, the fact that she might not bathe or because she burns herbs. i think everyone has to become a little more tolerant of different cultures and their religious practices and the foods they might eat. we are a multi-cultural nation and when we single out one culture, we are discriminating against them the same way that we were discriminated against when we immigrated here. every culture and nationality has their own practices. we just have to do our work at our jobs and let everyone else do theirs, too.

julia, i am hoping you are geting some answers to your questions about your bone problems and other things.

chris, we miss you!

thank you all for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member

sunny day snow on ground
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

Community Member

Hi all - stopping in. I hope all is well? Just let a friend know about this forum. Already March how'd that happen? Hop everyone is healthy?

Love,
    Sly

so good to hear from you sly. I really thought I had made a reply tyo you here and was surprised to see that apparently I had NOT hit the submit reply button, once again.

this time I am going to check to see if this shows up. hope you are doinh okay. well I know not your best but at lerast bearable.

Wow, no ones checked in since March 12th. What the heck is happening to our group here? I'm guilty of checking in everyday but not saying anything. Not much is happening in my life. The wedding plans are all arranged and just waiting to happen.

Spring is trying to happen here. For a couple of days it's in the 40's and now it's suppose to drop off to the 30's. I'll take it as long as it doesn't get to minus.

I'm worried about Jo. She was going to have some more test.

I hope Pati get's her computer fixed.

Jeannie are you out in your yard? How's your mom doing?

Joy, I sure hope you aren't sick again.

I hope everyone else is healthy and just like me not saying much of anything.
    Take care,
    Dawn

I'm here. Been feeling rather down but I'm plodding on.

I'll be working a special event at the zoo tomorrow. That lifts my spirits...I do enjoy being there.

hey everyone !

well, all the snow has melted in my yard and now it's extremely muddy! i have rubber boots and last week when i walked in the mud, my boots sank down into the mud and i felt stuck. i pulled my leg up hard and the mud made a sucking noise off my boot. it's a little better this week. some places the mud has absorbed all the water and it gets firmer as the temps stay lower and the wind blows over it and dries the excess moisture. some parts of the yard (especially the middle where it is lower), i don't even want to walk on. looks like i'll be buying more dirt this year and shoveling it into the wheelbarrow and moving it back there. i think i'll be able to start working in the yard around mid to late april. the last frost for this area is may 5th, but who knows?

i have dried mud all over my floors. i'm sweeping it up daily. nick and nora run through the mud and even though i wipe their feet really well, little bits of mud manage to stay in their paws, dry out and then fall on the floor. i am so glad i have wood floors because i think i would be going crazy if my carpeting was muddy !

i found this little greenhouse that is about 3ft. by 3 ft. and is made out of hardwood and metal. you have to put it together. i'm going to ask my daughter to put it together when she comes over here this week. i am not gifted in putting stuff together. my daughter put a tv stand together when she was 16. she just knows how to read those directions . so i want to put this greenhouse on my patio and stick the metal poles in some bricks that have holes in them. you're supposed to stick them in the ground, but i don't want them in the mud or where the dogs can run into them. so my patio is the best spot. the greenhouse has a heavy plastic sheet to put over it and a thin sheet with holes to use on warmer days. the price of this greenhouse was $9.50. i knew it would sell out quickly and i should have bought 2. oh well. you can flip it up straight and use it as a wooden trellis too, cause it bends.

i also have to move some wooden branches, thick ones and thin ones to the driveway so i can cut them with my saw and stack them so they can dry this summer and i can use them in my firepit next year.

fig, i saw this video about this mentally disabled, dying zookeeper in rotterdam who had cleaned out the giraffe enclosures for 20 years. an ambulance company granted his dying wish to go see the giraffes one more time and one of the giraffes kissed him. it is so sweet. i will put it up here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXsz2zGcLdA

i am worried about julia. i talked with her about a month ago, before she was having those tests. she sounded good, but i don't know what's going on. i hate to be a pest and call all the time, but i'm worried. maybe tomorrow.

i hope pati gets her computer fixed, i think typing will help her recover motor and verbal skills better, although she did sound really well when i talked to her. dawn, thanks for asking about my mom. she's pretty much stable, she still gets around on her wheelchair, but she makes no sense when she talks. she can say simple words but the rest is made up words that don't exist. joy, i hope you're seeing your grands more and feeling better and cloudsz, i hope you're doing okay, too.

thank you all for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 03-22-2014 at 01:21 PM.

im alive -have nothing to say i guess
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

it is so good to log on and see that there has been others here. wow I am like clouds, at times it has been so lonely thinking no one is here.

I have been sticking my head in the sand, Donna is at her worst now. the hospital is over, they recommend hospice. she does not want that so they have rented hospital beds etc and she is at home. her son, her brother and cute grandchild is there with her.

we do have grandkids here now, spring break. we hope to take them on a trip tomorrow. don't know how long we'll last.

i think i am so busy with two kids now and worrying about donna that i try and stay busy. marion you hang in there, ok you are a treasure so please stay with us. Jeannie i hate that you have to haul more dirt. seems like it disappers in the hole, doesn't it.

everyone take care and know you are missed if you don't speak up. it makes me when a lot of us sign in.

hey everyone !

yep joy...that dirt sure does disappear fast.

it's raining here today, in the mid-30's. this morning i went out with the dogs when i woke up and it was sleeting! just light rain every now and then through tomorrow.

i went to see my mom yesterday, it wasn't a good visit. i am seriously bummed out over it. if you want to read, it's in the other forum.

i am worried about julia. i sent her hubby an email on monday and haven't had a reply. i hate to call and to hear bad news.

i vented enough today. i feel worn out and tired.

thank you for caring and sharing ,
    jeannie

Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011163656 ... LastLast