Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 113151565758596061

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Quitting smoking hmmm. I was quit after I had my heart attack, I was quit for a month. It just didn't stick and every time I stick one in my mouth I am scared for my heart. How sick is that?! last time I quit I filled my days with chewed straws and washing walls. Not to mention I was stoned all the time thanks to the meds my doc gave me to help with the withdrawals. I can't do Chantix or nicotine patches. They make me sick and it seems that you haven't really quit.

there was a quitting smoking thread but I don't remember where it is. I am down to a couple half smoked butts and will see if I can not go out. I will try to keep busy. Not that I don't have plenty to do. My sewing room is a hot mess and has been for about a year. I got it half cleaned the other day but wore myself out. Since I stopped the neurontin and ibuprofen I am in more pain than usual. I went christmas shopping and had to be laid up for two days because of my knees.

I have been reading up on chronic pain and heart health only to find that untreated pain contributes to anxiety and stress. Like a vicious circle. I kind of figured that.

Jeannie when my primary changed my scrip of Klonopin he was muttering something about Trump and the DEA I didn't ask but I will when I go next which is soon.

Got up early today. Standing in the living room in the semi darkness (it's dreary again today) and the quiet stillness .I'm Drinking my coffee and I hear very faintly a small child talking. Okay now I watch a lot of horror movies, I'm a fan and I kind of get a bit freaked out. So I go to my son's door to see if he left his puter on but no. Getting a bit more freaked out because I am standing over a vent and I hear it again like it is in the basement. No I tell myself, so I just ignore it and go about my business and let the dogs out for their morning business. They are out for a few so I go to the front door to call them in and lo and behold a small child greets me from her porch next door saying hi. I was so relieved I almost peed myself. Didn't realize I was that freaked out. I acted just like those people in the movies who just ignore all the signs that their house is possessed. Fortunately the only ones who haunt these halls is God and maybe my mom lol.

Brandon says that when they lived here and stayed in the basement they would hear things and he believes the house to be haunted. I think Brandon is haunted. This isn't the first house he stayed in that things happened to him. From since he was a little boy with the night terrors and thought something lived in the basement to now.

How it is that all my posts turn out so long.

I was thinking yesterday that I missed the days when there were so many of us on that it was almost like a delayed chat room. You could post and get three or more afterwards.

been getting some christmas shopping done online. Best buy has an 8 Terrabyte (is that not spelled right lol) external hard drive for half price and it is far more than what shortcake asked for, he asked for 2 T, though I am sure he will find plenty to fill it up. What the heck a person needs 8T for is beyond me. Im still working on Gigs lol.

Hurt myself going to the grocery store yesterday. It really pisses me off that something so mundane can hurt so bad. I almost couldnt get up when I sat down. Sat there rotating my ice packs from feet to knees which is now recommended for pain management. I broke down and took an ibuprofen before bed so that turning in the night wouldn't wake me up. today I am breaking out all the cbd syringes, salves and syrups I have been given as samples and will see how I can manage until my caregivers get my meds made. I have some dosed mixes for bloody marys I have no idea how to use that. Drink it lol? It's like a little bottle of spicy V8 juice. i have to use them up I have no idea what the shelf life of something like that is.

I also realized that my heartburn is peeking it's head out with all the new meds and a change from prilosec to ranitidine. I think that Ive seen that long term use of prilosec is not good anyway. Great something else to google.

well I guess I'm talkin in the wind but I'll keep at it I know weekends are slow. We have a layer of snow here and that thrills Jared. He says it looks more like Christmas. Now he is bugging me for a an early Christmas present.

ya know that's shortcake. I think I mentioned it back in the day. he is almost 17, egad, so I think he is too big for shortcake. He has his quirks, unfortunately, I had hope that he would be 'normal'. Heck is anyone normal anymore? There is virtually no such thing, everyone has something it's just the layers. Like in Shrek, like an onion there's layers lol.

I obviously have nothing better to do than get on the puter. Okay nothing that I want to do.

Rose I watched the Forks Over Knives movie and quite frankly my bipolar kicked in now I am obsessed about the garbage I am putting in my mouth LOL. Scared the bejesus outta me. Have two of the eBooks downloaded, one with the four step program and recipes and one that explains it and there is a pantry list and everything. It is free to watch on Netflix which I have and love. Jared is resistant. I told him he could get meat on the weekends with his dad but from the things I am reading he may feel so good that after a while he may not want it. I bet we could cure his encopresis with this. I have a lot of issues that would benefit from it. It can't be dangerous or impact my health negatively. Money is the issue, stocking the pantry first would be a small fortune spices here are ridiculous but my local dollar stores have food aisles I could see what I could find there. Our local food banks and churches gives away a lot of canned veggies, tomatoes, beans and potatoes and whatever is in season from the local farmers, a lot of squash but sometimes places donate barely expired junk food, I see it and think that it is no wonder that there are so many obese low income people. They are negating the benefits of anything they eat that is healthy by eating the garbage. There is a lot to learn. To change.

Our local Farmers Market doubles foodstamps so even though I get $15 a month I could get $30 worth of veggies and fruit. Oh I miss the days when peaches and plums were under a $1 a pound now even in season they are more than that.

Well I could babble on so I will go. Love and miss yous all.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

happy hanakah or merry christmas
    Last edited by clouds z; 12-10-2017 at 11:07 AM.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Your plan sounds healthy. Maybe start a little at a time. Like "meatless Mondays" and make or put your own toppings on frozen pizza on Wednesdays. Fish on Fridays? Add salads. Fruit every day. Jared might not notice the healthy part.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following user says "thanks"

on this little cheep galileo tablet from walmart-its cheep but glitchy has keyboard too--too tired to read much

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((houghchrst)))))) ~

YAY! I'm so happy that you watched Forks Over Knives on Netflix. I reacted the same way, just overwhelmed with all the information and realizing that even though Jim and I are vegetarians, we still eat eggs, cheese and butter, as well as oils. I was impressed with the health improvements of the people featured in the film. It was quite convincing.

I'm certain that you and Jared will feel better with this lifestyle change. It will definitely help Jared's digestive system, and you'll likely be able to stop giving Miralax.

Good for you exploring ways to make this work. Bear in mind that while spices can be expensive, they generally will last for awhile. The No Tuna Salad recipe uses one can of garbonzo beans (chick peas) and makes 4 large helpings for sandwiches. It's also tasty! The Tahini sauce usually yields 4 or 5 salads for us. If you have the space, start growing your own herbs, like parsley, rosemary, sage, basil. That's the best way to save money, as well as get exercise and sunshine in the garden. In season, grow tomatoes, onions, garlic. If you grow enough during spring/summer, you can dry herbs, as well as cook and freeze vegetables to consume in winter.

It may seem like a lot now, but once you start eating better, and feeling better, you'll have more energy and less pain, and you'll want to cook and prepare these meals. And, I think Jared will be surprised at how delicious REAL food is. And when he notices how much better he feels, and starts to lose weight, and have more energy, he'll be in.

I'm really proud of you for tackling this! I know you'll be healthier and happier and glad you did!!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

11. The following 2 users say "thanks"

another dreary day, cold and nasty out. The sun was beautiful addition to yesterday. I went out and stood in that freezing ray of sunshine for as long as I could yesterday morning. No coat, shortsleeves soaking up as much vitamin D as is possible in Michigan in winter lol.

The dogs don't even stay out for long, they go out and do their thing which includes a couple of barks at a whole lot of nothing then they are ready to come in. I do have a jacket for Dash he has a short coat. It is of the warm puffy kind but the part that is supposed to cover his bum is too short and loose. I have learned that not all dog coats are created for all dog breeds. Dachshunds are long and have a narrow midsection. They need specially designed 'clothing'.

I have been seeing a lot about making your dogs wear 'boots' when out of doors. I can see if your pooch will be walking on contaminated snow ie. salt, car drippings but if they just go out for a round in the yard to do their thing and play until they get cold and come back in I don't get it. Brody would freak out. I already have to tell the groomer not to cut the fur on the bottom of his paws because it makes him neurotic. In the winter when I let his fur grow out a bit his feet are almost like fur snow shoes. Now we do have to desnow his feet cause ice balls will get in there after a big snow and he has longer fur in the winter so likes to be outside longer than Dash. I am sure I could probably find dachshund clothing on Google.

Google is amazing. I love and hate it. It wants to know everything about you but yet it is so useful. You can get something on practically everything. Rose I have been searching for all kinds of whole food recipes and you do need to search but I found "mozzarella cheese", no oil no dairy. Miso no dairy or oil. It is amazing what you can do with legumes and nuts added to these fruit and veggie sides to create these crave filling recipes including breads and chocolate desserts, nachos and "cheese" and the idea that you can go back for more and not worry about it amazes me. I will have to slowly revamp my pantry as money allows and use up the foods we have. After New Years we should be stocked and ready to really start implementing things in the mean time I will be more careful about what I accept at the food pantries.

Speaking of food pantries somebody turned us in to receive a christmas food basket from a local UAW we are to pick it up on the 22nd. Thinking it may have been our local Sister Johnson who calls to check on me or to remind me to make an appt for a food box lol. She has been very sweet to us and we always say a prayer before I leave.

Okay as usual said a whole lot of nothing. Still smoking. Still feel guilty. Still making excuses, it's a really bad time for me to quit. I am not emotionally equipped right now. How is that for one. I wish ya'll would speak up. I know some get tired of reading my rantings. Every post seems to be a novel. Guess I'm just lonely. My truck is down so my social life is nil.

13. The following user says "thanks"

this post goes back 4 years

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 113151565758596061