Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

do you like house tv show-got about 4 seasons of that on dvd
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

2. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone,,

i loved watching house, clouds. i thought the ending was really great! sometimes the shows seemed all the same, though.

sly? who is this sly person? i don't think i remember her . of course, sly! howya doing? still leading your exercise class? i am still doing zumba. it keeps me flexible and not hurting, plus i have great stamina for other activities .

joy! i'm so glad you went to the lake! and it's great you rode the ski-doo, if only for a little while. i know how much you love going to the lake and i hope you get to go there this summer with the grandkids, too.

fig! nice to hear about your birds and i hope you're still going down to the zoo to work.

julia. now what's this i read about you having shingles AND pneumonia? could you please just try one illnes at a time. big sis, take care of yourself. i got the shingles vaccine last year. i think you can get it even if you've had a case of the shingles. ask your doc because i think once you get shingles, you might be more likely to get it again. i hope you're not having any nerve pain now.

well, my pookie and i finished putting up my 100 foot wooden fence last thursday. it's going to cool down into the 70's the rest of the week, so i am going back to work on the front yard. it was so hot and rainy and i had so little time that my garden was full of weeds. it took me about 6 hours of work to pull every weed by hand and weed puller. my son volunteered to paint the fence, so i won't worry about that. i have gone to a high school graduation, a river cruise and a summer party the past month. i have never had this active a social life with my family. it seems bigger families get together more often. sometimes it is overwhelming and i have to pass up things, like going to the zoo. i still need my time alone to garden and putz around the house and do my own thing. my pookie is beginning to realize i am serious about this alone time. if i am not happy or content within myself, i can't give him my joy or my humor or myself because i don't have it to give. so, jeannie comes first sometimes. yes, julia...i always remember you telling me that.

love you all and hope you all will feel better soon.

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 08-04-2015 at 06:40 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

4. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Just thought I would check in.

Joy, I'm so glad that you got to ride on the jet ski. I know how much you enjoy it.

Julia, please do get better.

Jeannie, you do seem to be the busy person that I know. Love how you seem to just tackle what needs to be done. Glad you and your sweetie are happy.

Sly, great to hear from you. Please tell us what you have been up too.

Clouds, I loved the TV show house when it was on tv. Hope you enjoy watching it.

My daughter and I are taking a long road trip out to Montana to see my granddaughter. It will be nice to beable to spend time with my children together. I can't remember the last time my two daughters were together. Must have been a year and a half ago when the youngest got married. I wish my daughters were closer but they seem to not want to be.

I have been moving my DD and SIL for the past few days. It's just been the three of us. Boy I'm getting too old for that moving job. Now today we are going to clean their apartment. They moved into a townhouse that my husband and I brought. I hope they keep this place clean because their apartment was gross. They have three cats which I think is a little too many. They can't keep up with the mess the cats make.

Well gotta get going. I'm going to get dollied up by having my hair done just so I can go and clean so more. Yay for me.
    Last edited by dawnmn; 08-07-2015 at 05:33 AM.
    Take care,
    Dawn

6. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

I too am so happy to hear from everybody. Maybe it will encourage more to come back and start posting. Yes Jeannie, you can have Shingles more than once. I have already had them twice, but sure hope and pray I'll never see them again!! Now you know me Jeannie, I like showing off, getting all the pesky stuff I can all at the same time

aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww, it would be great to be healthy and be able to get around better these days. The Dr. ordered me a power chair but it hasn't got here yet. We already have the lift installed in the van so as soon as it gets here Ken has promised me a trip to visit some of you lovely friends. I do seem to be gaining strength and I'm still working hard at getting more. The therapist had me dancing the other day. lol Jeannie, I'm glad you mentioned the dance you are doing. I'm going to ask the PT to see if we can try that. Probably can't just yet, but heck, I'll sure die trying.

Joy, like you, I am so happy to see more people posting. It sure does my heart good. I miss all the things I used to do and turn green with envy when I read all the things everybody is doing, but I'm happy for you all.

Well, time to rest, you know, just like an old woman! Older than dirt. I'm still breathing though so that makes me happy.

Take care all and take care of your self first! that will make you healthy, wealthy and wise!!

my love, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

8. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

just checking in as it's a very warm afternoon and i do hate working directly in the hot sun.

well, i am FINALLY going to start planting a few plants in my front yard, i have pulled out the last weed from the biggest side of the lawn in front and now i am leveling the dirt. once i am done with that, i will kind of draw lines in the sand to see where i want to put things, just broad outlines, not specific plants, although i do want to plant bushes, tall plants and short plants first.

my first purchase next year will be a rain barrel so i can catch the water coming out of the gutters during a storm and store it to water my plants when it gets dry. i have to get one for the back yard, too.

so, just saying "hello", to everyone. it's not really horribly hot here, except from noon to 4pm. so i rest and catch up with my favorite peeps here . better a little sentence every couple days than a book every month! love you all and hope you are doing better !

thank you for caring and sharing,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

10. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Hello everybody. Jeannie, you are one busy gal and I have no idea how you keep your motor running Of course you have your pookie to help out there and I am so happy for you to have a partner. It does get very lonely when you are alone. I have spent way too much time alone in the last several years. I am pushing hard to get my mojo going because I am way too tired of "living" alone. Of course my Kennybug is under foot most of the time, but I have encouraged him more and more to get down to his shop and that gives him time and me some time too. Too much togetherness is not always the best thing to have.

I don't have my Power Chair yet and I'm very unhappy about that. Beth and Susan spent the week at Fripp Island this past week and I had planned to go for just a few days, but no Chair, no get around. Beth and Susan had some news for me several months ago. As long as they are happy then that is what matters. We have learned to love Susan and the feelings are mutual. They have been together 22 years and that does not seem possible.

Our oldest grandson and his little wife are expecting in December. This will be their first and it is a boy. I'm happy for them. they have been married a long time and Josh is already 33.

Yes, short stories is easier than a book of the month. lol It's good to hear from everybody. So, I shall be looking to hear from all the missing.

Oh BTW, I read a post in the Alzheimer's Disease Forum. Someone was looking for some help in finding a place to place their Mom. The Daughter was going out of the country for 6 months. She sounded kind of desperate, but who wouldn't be in this day and time. I invited her to come here to ESF and read some. If anybody has time or is able to send her a note. I didn't have much good things to say. Anytime we can help others then that is good. Its time like these that I really do miss ((((((Tootsis))))))

For those that still have raw feeling and it is still hard to talk about maybe we can help her find old post. I love all of you and hope all are well. my love, JULIA
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

12. The following user says "thanks"

posting but nothing to say
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

hi Clouds. You post, we know you are still alive. Thank you for even a short note. This Forum once was very busy. Lets make it busy again. Thanks again for posting Clouds. I hope you are well....

my love to all, Julia

for my brother Ben

16. The following user says "thanks"

hey everyone.....so glad to see that each of you have posted. nice to know that you are still around to post. i had a wnderful time at lake with daughter and granddaughter and grandson and of course hubby. it was fun to ride on the pontoon and watch others ride the SeaDoo. i even rode it some. go ahead and laugh as I am going to tell you how i had to get on the darned thing. the water was up so we had to wlk a plank to get onto the dock and into the pontoon in a stall. that was easy enough if i did not get to dizzy watching the small waves (yuk it did make me dizzy). well getting onto the jet ski was a tad harder as I have no balance at all with my dead extremities. so hubby got another pland and let me walk onto the jet ski from back. not altogether easy but i finally made it. it was awful on my muscle in right arm just squezzing the gad throttle to make the jet ski go. but i did it for as long as i could stand it.

school started today so of course i am blue. we did get to keep grandson most every day this summer. so that explains why i am sorta blue. i did not see as much of granddaughter unti we took her to lake. had as much fun as possible. hubby is still looking for a reasobnable priced wheelchair for me. i passed up 3 of them but now i know i could go more if i had one. oh yes i had over $3thousand work done on my teeth. and now have the same bump on my gums as when all the mess with teeth started. no insuraNCE FOR TEETH NOW EITHER. AND OH YES I GOT A SMALL ROCK IN MY SWIM SHOE AND NOT FEELING IT I WORE A SMALL HOLE ONTO MY BIG TOE. oops sorry for caps. always something but i'mm still topside of dirt so yay for me!!!!!

take care everyone - hugs

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Why Daily joy, I applaud every thing you do because you are trying. I am too and I think we both need some gold stars!!

I am amazed that you were able to get on the (jet sky) Anything you and I can do is from a lot of work. I know how we can get so weak in such a short time.

Joy, if your Dr. ordered the wheel chair would medicare not pay for it? My Dr. told me they were going to pay for my Power Chair. Well, I'm still waiting for it, but at least I could tag along to the gro. when Ken went.

Keep on working at it and I have faith you and I will make it up that hill, at least further along, don't you?

Take care all, Julia

for my brother Ben

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast