Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031365676 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Joy smoking is definitely out but there are edible ways to consume it. Here are some places to look.

http://www.naturalnews.com/044664_ca...marijuana.html

the bottom part of this article is informative

http://medicalmarijuana.com/medical-...ents/Emphysema

there is more just google MMJ for COPD and ignore the ads at the top

Blog Entries

Hi Dawn. Yes lots of guilt, frustration, and anger. I'll admit I get angry, I think why doesn't he just go but the bad part is he has a humongous chronic blockage we'd try for years to keep at bay so he goes constantly because his bowel no longer has it's tightnss he can't really tell when he has to go and goes constantly. It oozes around the blockage. School was a nightmare because he would smell. My heart hurtss so bad for him.

At the beginning of April he is going to the hospital to get a clean out the biggest problem is getting his intestine to shrink, if it will, back to it's normal size so he can feel again. The school has bent over backward to work with us because he often misses school after having a particularly bad episode during the early mornin sleeping hours and he messes his bed and has bad belly cramps. He wears men's pads and we have regular bathroom times but that blockage is so big and painful that while he does pass feces it's not the big one. that hurts.

I feel the need to tell this story about what I consider a fat slap by karma. Years ago, shortcake was just a baby, I was watching a news show like 60 minutes and they did a segment about an elderly couple who had two grown sons living with them that both woould soil themselves. They coudn't take them anywhere cause they stank, they balked at being asked to go to the bathroom wore underwear not adult diapers and these were grown men, well in their early 30s, and they just ran the house. There was never any mention of diminished faculty in either. I was so mad. I thought I would never let that happen how could they let that go on. well here is my punishment for judging but the sad part is that I am not the only one being punished. My poor son has to live with this. Fortunately I have read that they usually grow out of it. Praying here. Done lol.

It's been so long sincce I have been here and there is so much to say. I feel full up lol but I won't write an even longer rant for yous to read, maybe somewhere else .

Distinguished Community Member

thanks for the link christina. and yes, Labella was who I was tryimjg to recall before. I too was happy to get a card but it was probably tossed by granddaughter the first time she tried to cook anything while she was here visiting. She has even tossed kitchen appliance pieces into trash. girl has a heart of gold and you better have plenty of that gold stuff if you expect to keep her happy, lol. she has finally gotten her braces off and oh my gosh, entered a beauty pagent and took prize for prittiest eyes. man did all the basjetball players notice her then. they aLL RIDE SCHOOL BUS, BOTH BOYS AND GIRLSD TO OUT OF TOWN GAMES. she sure looks different now that she can smile. and grandson invited her (he is 10) to go on spring break to Florida. both my grandkids get along good still but I keep wondering at 15 and 10 how long will it last. I hope for a long time. well hands are numb so going to stop for now. takw care all

4. The following user says "thanks"

Joy, that was nice of your grandson to invite his cousin for the trip.

My granddaughter will be born on Tuesday, April 7th. The little stinker is breach. She just won't turn upside down to be delivered so she will be born by c-section. Can't wait to meet her. We won't be going to montana until the 17th so will have to wait a while before I see her. I decided not to stay a month at my daughters. DH doesn't want me gone that long. I'll stay for two weeks which will be just fine.

My youngest is bummed that we aren't driving but it's too long of a trip driving. I told her that maybe in august her and I will take a roadtrip to montana.

Christine, my oldest grew out of it also but it took until she went to college.
    Last edited by dawnmn; 04-02-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    Take care,
    Dawn

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Christina, it is so good to have you back. I love reading your long post, but of course the happy ones are the best. I tell you, if our little group got together I doubt we would sleep for days!! Hang in there, remember we are all in this together and those prayers go a long way.

Dawn, I bet you are counting the hours. I am excited for you. Our latest great-grand's due in June, but mama is so huge, I don't see how she can go that long. She is short and small every where else, but baby looks huge. I pray she will do ok.

Joy, I hope you are feeling better. Jeannie, I hope all your test have come back ok.

I fell again Monday. Flat on my back. I feel like I may have broken something, but will see one of my Drs. Monday. Hopefully he will be able to tell me something good. I know one thing, I am in much pain. II am going Friday to get fitted for my Elec. wheel chair. I just hope the fall will not interfer with the fitting.

Gotta get off my backside. I love all of you, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar
    Last edited by tic chick; 04-04-2015 at 09:40 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

9. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Hhappy Easter all!

11. The following user says "thanks"

joy

Dawn I know you must be super excited. I am sure my baby days are over as the last to hld out was son and he called and made the doctor arrangements etc from our house. daughter had done it quite some time aga because she truly did have a harrible time of birthing. She has not had any seizures lately and it sure would be tempting everything for shr to have to give birtth again. So I am content with my two grandchildren, and the youngest is 10. and April 1st we went with the oldest (15) for her to take the driving part of her test. So now she has passed both parts and cazn drive with an adult then can solo later. Gosh now that lets me know how fast she has grfown up!

Christina I am so sorry I lost your address. I never can keeep up with anytjhing that I want to, seems as if I am not a responsible persson for keeping up with important things. I also always forget, but Jo do you live in North Carolina or South? If you don't mind saying. I have a nephew down your way somewhere, in the Army. He is retiring butg staying there as he loves it.

JULIA how is your back and all? Did you go get things checked out? I hope so. Hope you get your wheelcchair soon.

Well I have a habit of getting a wake up call by a horrible nightmare. Maybe now I can go back to bed and catch a few more winks. take care all and much love

BABY GIRL born April 7th @ 1:13 p.m. 8 lbs 5 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. no name as of this morning. will let you know when they have named her.
    Take care,
    Dawn

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

awesome dawn!! Congratulations

Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031365676 ... LastLast