Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526315171 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

hi everyone I hope this finds everyone ok. I think about you all often qand wish I could get into the computer as easy as I use to. even this timei had to make a call so hubby coukld tell me how to get past theopening. once I quit using my brain for managing functions etc with computer, I lost the knack.

I am still trying to find addresses and phone numbers of some of the members I called in ther past but still noluck.
    I did receive a card from Christina and am so afrain gran ddaughter put itin the trash while helping clean. drat i'd rather have the mess and the card but she throws aqway the weirdest thingd. kif has no ideal what some things are so into trash can they go.

marion I hope you got to take that trip to see oldfriend. hope things are ok with you as well. Jeannie everytime I see advertisments firclasses in zumba I wonder how yo are doing. it does not take that to get me to think of you tho as I think og all when I start thinking about braintalk frfiends. really wish someone would hear frfom patti. we;l hands are so stiffi mightas qwell quit. my dratted 5th nerve pain hascome back with a vengancedas well.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Clouds, that sounds interesting. Maybe I'll nag Ken to take me to look at them. My # 2 son has some kind of smart phone and it looks easy to use. I'm going to look into this.

Now, Daily Joy!!!! So glad to hear from you. I think I have your address so I'll see about sending you some information I have found. Isn't it strange how we seem to lose the small things we use every day when we get sick and especially when we have to have surgery. How are you doing? I hope you are getting stronger every day. I am almost 7 months from my last hospital visit and I am so thankful!! I'm still trying to get well, but I try to take it one day at a time. My COPD is not behaving and I just finished my second loaded dose of Prednisone since around Thanksgiving. It has caused me to gain weight and that does not make me happy! It also keeps me from sleeping. I am so tired and sleepy all the time but can't seem to get any sleep.

I miss everybody and wish every body would check back in. I am also worried about Pati. I hate it when people disappear. I'm so afraid her health has gotten worse. We'll have to pray harder for her and send her our love. Hoping she will see the from all of us.

I think Marion and Dawn both were going to FL. Bet they are having fun and glad they are in the sunshine state! Would like to hear from Sly and all the others that are missing. I would love to hear from Kat too.

Joy, When I can talk above a whisper I'll call you. I'm going to call Jeannie too. I really do miss her. Beth had a fit until Ken installed or whatever you do to get Skype. She calls to check on me, but wasn't satisfied until she could SEE me. I am getting used to it, but she and I both were kind of slow getting used to it.

Well, better get a little rest. Maybe some others will pop in and tell us what they are doing. I hope so. Joy, you take care of yourself and get well. You'll get back into the grove with the computer soon. don't stop trying....

Clouds, you and Mel keep coming in and letting us know how you are. Jeannie, Where Are You?? Come on kids, lets get ing and feel better. Spring is just around the corner.

I love you all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

4. The following user says "thanks"

joy

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

well, i guess i have recovered from christmas!

a bunch of little and big things have been keeping me busy lately.

my kids asked me what i wanted for christmas and i told them i really needed a new stove. i told them to give me gift cards to best buy in the amount they wanted to give me for christmas. so, between 2 of my kids, i had enough to pay for almost the whole cost of the stove! now i don't get anything fancy. i don't need 2 ovens or 5 burners, but i want a large oven and a self cleaning feature and that's what i got. in order to install the stove, i needed a gas shut-off valve either inside the house or behind the stove. my gas dryer, furnace and water tank each have their own shut off valves. the stove didn't have one. so, i had to call the place i bought my furnace from and they came out and installed a valve, cleaned my ignition on the furnace and put in a new filter. my son took 10 minutes last weekend and took out the old stove and connected the new one.

my son was also diagnosed with extrinsic asthma, which is asthma caused by allergies. as long as he keeps his allergies under control, he won't cough his lungs out and wheeze. he was coughing so badly for 2 weeks and i told him to see his doctor to get a chest xray and rule out pneumonia. so he went to the doc and got antibiotics, prednisone for 10 days and an inhaler. his bronchial airways were infected and narrowed from the infection. after taking all the meds, he stopped coughing. then one night, he came down stairs and said he was feeling light-headed and he could feel his heart racing. so, i got him to the er. he is not a whiner, so i know if he is telling me that he doesn't feel right with the symptoms he had, i am taking him to the er. so, they said the puffer for the asthma can cause palpitations and he was home for that weekend of new year's day and after and he was drinking carafes of coffee. he usually only has a cup in the morning. so, i think all that caffeine contributed to the heart racing, too.

i have met someone ! i've been on this dating website for 2 months. i subscribed for 3 months and my subscription is expiring on jan.20. someone saw my picture and "liked it", so i wrote an amusing email back to him. this was a week before christmas. we both agreed we'd meet after christmas because we both had plans over that week. we've been going out for 2 weeks. he's taken me to dinner twice, we cooked dinner together one day at my house and we went to the detroit institute of arts on a friday night because it's open late and they have a musical performance there every friday. we heard the michigan philharmonic orchestra. we have talked about our past relationships and i see that although he's never married, he's had 2 long term partners. we have a lot in common and we are both amazed that we hit it off so well, yet kind of afraid that we did. we are taking one day at a time, which is how i've always lived my life and he believes in that philosophy, also. he lives about 2 miles from me. i woke up this morning and i thought, "what day is it?", and then my second thought was his name and i smiled. i am a happy person with a life without him and he is a happy person with a life without me. we bring our happiness together. i want to be a part of his life right now and he wants to be a part of mine. so. that's all the news about that that's fit to print, so they say !

well, i'm going to go and donate blood today...so i have to get going.

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 01-16-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

6. The following user says "thanks"

joy

Jeannie, you sound so happy!! I am glad. All those smiles made me happy just to see them. Glad your kids got you something you really wanted and helped with getting it all set up.

I was going to call you and Joy both today, but got up, opened my mouth and nothing came out!! this is getting so old. My COPD has been acting up and I do think that is the biggest cause for losing my voice. Oh well, life goes on and I intend to enjoy every min. I can get. I still get so tired but I do take little cat naps sometimes during the day. Of course I wake up any where from 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. every morning.

I would love to hear from some of our members that have disappeared. It gets lonely in here sometimes. Beth and I talk on Skype several times a week. It's good to be able to see her. She takes the time to tell me what to do, how much to exersize and all about my diet. The low sodium diet is a little tiresome. I would love to have a good meal, not to matter what, just something that isn't bland. I shall stop complaining because so many people have nothing to eat. I am blessed.

Well, lets get going with the forum, see if we can't find some of our older members. We can spread some of Jeannie's sunshine around and make everybody happy

all my love, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Hey Jeannie, that's so cool about the fella! I'm happy for you. You deserve something good in your life. Way to go, girlfriend!

Not too much going on here....weather has been miserable...sub zero temps and lots of wind, but today was 40*! It's back to the big chill the rest of the week, tho'. I just stay in, bundled with my quilt. The birds are such great company. Skye comes over to say "I love you".

9. The following user says "thanks"

joy

hey kids. Hope it's nice and sun sunshinning and warm enouth to get out side without it killing you to breath. The cold air is hard on the COPD, or it is for me. I'll come back later and hope to see how everybody is.

Marion, it sounds like the birds are really nice to have around. So does your bundling up in your quilt! lol Sound like me. Take care and stay inside and if there is ice on the ground, stay in the house. I'm bossy, eh? Just nobody here to boss around. my love to all, Julia

for my brother Ben

back to read up here i guess
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

anyone remember edgewood from chat?

hives from the cold air."

maybe i need more wool

Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526315171 ... LastLast