Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162141 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Community Member

I'm here all. Been gone a long time again but finally today when this place came to mind I decided to actually jump in and say hello. A wild crazy ride we're all on I say. I'll com back - I hope everyone is doing ok.

Love, Sly

Distinguished Community Member

how wonderful to log on and see youall. It is like a dose of tonic. I hate when there are such slow times that we don't have any posters. Well now that couold mean that everything is going great fgor everyone. that would be great but I am doubtful of that being the case. If so please say so and let the rest of us have some cheery thoughts if you are doing well.

Jeannie I am enjoying reading what you do and everytime I see anything about rumba, lol I think I have the wrong word. it makes me think of you. Istay busy and get all done that you can because I can tell you I have almost 10 years ahead of youand my how I have slowed down. Molasses pour faster than I can move these days, lol.

Sly and Mal it was good to see that you all are up and about as well. now please keep posting, ok?
    I am expecting our grandson back tomorrow. he went to floridawith his other set of grandparents. whem he returns hubby and I will get to keep him days this summer. yay that is the best thing about not having a job and being retgired, getting to keep grandkids while everyone else works. girl is now 14 and the boy is 9 and pappy and I of course spoil them rotten at times. take care all

hello im somewhere

i seem to always have an alergy
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

its such a political world now and they still dont allow politics on this board? maybe thats why this board fizzled
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

clouds z,

they've NEVER allowed political discussions even when john lester was here. i've been posting here since about 2002 and the terms of service haven't changed. i think the people in charge here let some political discussion, especially related to issues about disabilities, medical issues, stuff that we talk about here everyday.

i would hate to see this be a political forum. everyone has a different opinion on politics and issues. how could we support each other if we were always fighting over our political beliefs? i always post on facebook about my displeasure with political things. i come here for support. 2 different things.

there are many reasons why things are slow. all we can do is hope they pick up in the future .

try some raw honey from the area that you live. it contains the pollen from plants native to your area and it's supposed to help allergies. get "raw, organic, unfiltered" honey. maybe a tablespoon at night. if you have diabetes or other medical condition, ask your doctor if honey is okay to take.

i'm disappointed that these forums are so slow, too.

thanks for sharing and caring, clouds,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 06-27-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Hi Jeannie. So glad to see your post. I sent you email last night but it must have gone astray. Been in hospital again, haven't been out long.

I miss you and all my lovging friends. Will write more soon I hope. I love you and all my love friends. Take care of your self, all my friends .

Loveeeeeeeeee and hugs to all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Hey all. Popping in to say I'm alive. Cj and I are still broken up though he lives here. Helping tremendously but it seems that things that need fixing and paying keep piling up and he never has money to move. Maybe there is a reason. We've both changed, are changing and I like who he has become now that he is allowed to be his own person. Anyway there's lots more but whatever.

shortcake is doing online school which is going about as well as regular school. He is so intelligent and school bores him. He is thinking farther ahead. I don't care what works he will graduate. Dear Lord I went through all this with B. Ugghh which is a whole saga in itself. Lets just say georgia has not been kind to them and getting them home is an emergency priority like yesterday but money is so tight. B has been assaulted and stabbed by his girls family. Her psychotic mother came half an inch away from killing my son. The woman is going to prison, whole Jerry springer saga. I tried to get a small bank loan of a thousand dollars but two was min. And I knew they'd turn me down which they did. Need to rent a car and a uhaul for like 3 or 4 days. I think we can sneak them out. It's like stealing them away in the night from a cult or something. Things are bad.

me not out so much lately. My gazebo was promised to put back up but still hasn't happened. I have beautiful flowers growing out there. I think something stole my mini dahlias right outta the ground. Any ideas? My day lilies have finally bloomed all along the 'trellis', after five years and many replantings.

Tis stuff with Cj takes up all my energy it seems. If I'm doing well things are no different if not better but changing and and changing the way I think and treat him and getting back my spirituality, working the ACOA, I've learned a lot about myself through this. Maybe there is a purpose to all the obstacles that get in the way of him moving out. I don't know, I've been lazy these days but been managing to keep the house clean and the lawn moved. Well......the riding mower took a crap a few days ago and Cj is fixing it right now. He's a genius at that. Don't know what I'll do without him. Manage I suppose.

i think about yous often

hey everyone !

((((chris!!!)))) so nice to see you!

well, i don't know if what you said is good or bad. some parts sound good. some not so good. i guess life is like that. i'm glad you're going to acoa. i have always believed you cannot be in a relationship unless you have got your chit together. i think it's great you and cj are getting your chit together separately. maybe things will be good for you two in the future, maybe not. at least you will have a handle on your probs

maybe check out if shortcake can sit in on some college or community college classes. they should let him for free.

i am so sorry about b and the bat-chit crazy people down there. maybe they can just pack whatever they need and get a greyhound outta there. dunno. seems though that the sooner they are out of there the better.

i am working outside a lot. the day lilies i planted along the back of the house to hide the wires are doing just that. i am so happy when things turn out right. chris, i read that dahlia roots are supposed to be dug out at the end of fall and just kept in a cool place in a box of maybe peat moss for the winter. a place like a garage, shed, whatever, outside. i don't think a basement is cold enough. then you replant the roots back in the spring. i lost a few plants over this winter to the cold and the horrible amount of snow. maybe even the melting snow just rotted out the roots of the plants too because my soil has a lot of clay, which bothers a few plants. so maybe the dahlias rotted.

so, my youngest daughter put up a facebook post that she is taking motorcycle classes a few weeks ago. then she put up a picture of her motorcycle license. then she put up a picture of her motorcycle!!!!!!! maybe the license should have warned me, but i thought maybe she was just thinking about it for the future, like in a year, sometime, never... nope. she has a cruising motorcycle. it's a substantial looking bike and has two suitcase thingies on the side for gear and stuff. now i have this to worry about.

my mom is hanging in there. she is in less pain, her hip has mended some and she doesn't scream when she is turned to be bathed. i will post further about her in the alzheimer's forum.

i hope you all had a nice 4th of july and that the rest of the weekend is as nice and relaxing!

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 07-04-2014 at 09:21 PM.

hey everyone !

so the motorcycle is 3 days old and i get a phone call from the rider, my youngest daughter, that she spun out on some gravel today while going to work. she is okay, but wanted to warn me before i saw any posts on facebook from her friends about her accident. isn't she thoughtful ? i hear her elbow is scraped and the gear shifter on her bike is bent.

okay. i will stay calm.

maybe.

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie

Well, hi. Good to see some posts.

I'm not doing much...I go to my volunteer job at the zoo. I saves me, really.

My birds are my source of comfort and joy. Skye has turned into quite the talker!

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162141 ... LastLast