Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B Received His Wings Today

Distinguished Community Member

Earth Mother 2 Angels - You are a beautiful person to be by your friends side. As a minister, I always grieve when one is taken from us, The rain was a tribute from spirit that B. needed to be in spirits loving arms, out of pain, into a wonderful place but sad that he had to leave his earthly family. I will pray for All involved - please take comfort that as I said, he is no longer in pain, no more siezures, etc. He is with Spirit now and will be loved and reunited with all of his family when it is their time.
    Prayers and blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((alex44)))))) ~

Thank you so much for your prayers and your encouraging words.

B's mom knows, as I did with my son, that he is free, no more seizures, pain, medications, isolation from life and activities, hospitalizations, and all of those physical maladies he endured in his Earthly life. This knowledge provides great comfort, but it doesn't soothe the agony of losing your child. Grief involves mind, body, and spirit ~ all are profoundly affected.

Our hospital chaplain explained it to us thusly:

As humans, we are tied to the physical realm, to our senses. This is how we relate to our environment and each other, while we're in our Earthly bodies. So, when our loved one's vessel is no longer viable, we feel that loss physically. We long to reclaim a moment just to see, touch, hear, smell our loved one. It's a natural, human response. Knowing and acknowledging that our loved one is in a "better place" isn't enough to obviate the intense pain of physical separation.

Our chaplain advised us to focus on our spiritual relationship with our son, as a tool to help us let go of our sorrow for his physical absence. This requires a tremendous amount of effort and practice, but for me it has been a remarkable journey. Michael is free to communicate with me in any way he chooses, and his choices are incredible. I had to learn to be open and keenly aware to enhance my spiritual connection with Michael, because I am still tied to the human realm. My comfort is derived from really knowing that he is not gone. His body is gone. He is still very much present.

I hope to teach my friend to be open and watchful, so that she may connect with her son.

When we spoke the other day, she told me that she had scheduled a memorial mass for B, and that she was having difficulty finding a boat so that she can spread his ashes at sea. There was my opening ~ she was so relieved when I shared with her about the organization I've found. Once she's reviewed the website, she will send me her questions and her requests for B's burial at sea service, and I will coordinate with the organization for her.

Thank you all for your prayers and loving thoughts.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Thank You Earth Mother To Angels - You have a wonderful chaplain. The only thing I might add is "B" is always with his family in Spirit as well as all the others that were part of his life. He is now at peace and would want you to celebrate his life. May peace be with you and yours as well as his family. I will continue to pray for all of you. Being a sailor, I am so thrilled that he will be buried at sea.
    Blessings to all
    May spirit be with you always
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Yesterday, a memorial mass was celebrated for B, with a reception following at his home. Today, in the misty morning, just as the sun began breaking through, B's ashes were placed in the ocean.

B's mom has been busy coordinating B's memorial service and his burial, as well as planning the menu for the reception at her home. She has been holding up quite well, because that's what you do in these situations. Now that she has done the last Earthly thing she could do for her precious son, the finality of this act brings closure to his Earthly life. And the reality of his physical absence will begin to sink in.

I am waiting to call her, because I know that she is exhausted now. Talking to 45 people yesterday and 20 people today, crying, grieving, being strong for her son, who is devastated by the loss of his brother, and all of the activity surrounding B's passing. She needs time to rest and recover a little, and if she needs me, she knows my number. I know that she will want to tell me every detail about B's service and burial, when it's the right time for her to do so. I will wait a few days, if I don't hear from her, then call her, and we will begin her grief journey.

My comfort is derived from images of B and Michael reunited, with Michael showing B the ropes ("Here's how things happen when you're in Bliss") and their laughter and joy radiating brilliant Light and Love beyond our imagining. Best friends on Earth for many years, best friends in Heaven for Eternity. How wonderful it is to believe.

God rest your souls, our beautiful boys, and grant peace to us as we await our reunion with you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Rose, what a wonderful friend you are. Your words must be so comforting to B's mom. Many ((((HUGS)))) and prayers as you help your friend heal.
    Mary Grace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12