Thread: anyone traveling for Thanksgiving?

Distinguished Community Member

Default anyone traveling for Thanksgiving?

we are not, just here in town. we are taking some dishes to our daughters around late noon. then I do not have a clue whether son and dil are dropping by our house or not later in afternoon or for late meal. just wait and see. I am enjoying getting to keep grandson who turned 9 this month for a few days. man can he ever ask questions, lol.

well I hope everyone has a good Holiday with good food, plenty of friends and the nicest relatives a person can have. wear loose clothing to begin the day with, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we are not, just here in town. we are taking some dishes to our daughters around late noon. then I do not have a clue whether son and dil are dropping by our house or not later in afternoon or for late meal. just wait and see. I am enjoying getting to keep grandson who turned 9 this month for a few days. man can he ever ask questions, lol.

well I hope everyone has a good Holiday with good food, plenty of friends and the nicest relatives a person can have. wear loose clothing to begin the day with, lol.
    riding bike 5 miles-thats travel
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

didn't have togo anywhere or cook. one soncamemover to viait & one was alred here. first time i didnn't clean myplate too hard to eat. watched all the football games.

clouds was the weather nice so that the bicycle ride was plesant? pati all I had to make was creamed potatoes and a 7-layer salad. the salad had lots of chopping to do so hubby had to do that since I cannot master holding a sharp knife very well anymore. I made two of the salads whiole I was doing it so will not have to do muchfor awhile.

we went to daughters where all of my son in laws relatives went. we had just about anything that I could ever want to eat. and it was nice visiting with his aunts as well. his mother has a large family so it was s group of people.

yes Thurs weather was great
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

No traveling for me, thank goodness. I didn't cook a thing, didn't eat much of anything either. Was sick all night, probably being around too many people that I love, but just couldn't handle the stress.

I am thankful for my family and my grand children. Our newest great- grand came to granny's for the 1st time. She is about 2 months old. Just adorable.

Enough bragging about the grand's. I do realize everybody does not want to hear about how precious they are. lol

I felt much better yesterday. My # 2 son that comes by to check on me about everyday came by yesterday. He sensed I was not doing too good as Thanksgiving Day wore on. He has been a real help for me, especially since he witnessed that first grand mal sizure about 2 years ago. I have had more and he is frantic I will have another. So is Ken. When I have a grand mal I do not know a thing, takes me days to figure out who I am, but I thank God I have always come back.

Pati, I have had you on my mind so much. I know you aren't well, but hopefully you are doing better. It's slow going, but I pray you find the strength to get back to normal. For me my 'normal' has changed. I figure your normal has too, but we are both still here and I'm thankful for that.((((*Pati))))

Joy, Cloudz, & Marion, its good to see you all posting. I know you all have your problems. One thing for certain is we are good friends and we are all still here.

I love you all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

we had about half an inch of snow on the ground thanksgiving morning! it was cold enough that it stuck all day. i don't remember a thanksgiving recently where it snowed on that day, so this was very pretty and special.

it has been a very long week supporting my good friend and her family on the death of her daughter. she died last tuesday and because of thanksgiving and waiting for family to fly and drive in, the funeral home visit was friday, the church funeral was saturday and the burial ceremony was this monday morning. i am kind of/kind of not looking forward to zumba class tonight. i am tired, yet i need to get some movement in to relieve stress. so i will go.

i'm glad you all had easy thanksgivings...i did, too. it was nice not having to cook everything and clean up ...especially clean up!

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

lost my post drat. well I was lucky like you Jeannie to not have to prepare much and it was at daughters so no mess afterwards. yay someone even brought sweet potatoes. all of it was so good.

it always makes it hardedrf to lose loved ones on a holiday. I know as it has happen more than I like to think about in my or hubbys family. certainly not in fesxtive mood and all that. that was a long time to get the burial and all over.

I am already picturing you at zumba class. you need the break. and I know everyone probably enjoys seeing you while you are smiling and or layghing. it even sounds like fun!
    Last edited by joy; 12-04-2013 at 11:52 AM.