Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: will be back

Distinguished Community Member

ah I feel a lot better now that I have talked tp you Pati. I was doing so anxiety type thinking and worrying when I could not get an answer by phone. it sure made me feel better to get to talk to you. and you lovely voice sounded like you.

don't overdo and I hope to see you back here often now. let me be first to say I HATE COLD WEATHER. LOL. I check to see how your weather is out your way almost daily when I am chec king mine. take care.

thanks for calling,gl i sounded ok,cause fraid i sounded too freaky. wsih it would warm up here! want some rain. broke a nice bowl today. tired of beingnsick.good to talk to somone besides m

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Pati, so good to hear from you!! Don't sweat the small stuff, like breaking things, not being good at writing, spelling is the pits etc.!

I still fret when I can't get the right words out, I'm nervous about talking on the phone, but I am doing better with that. My voice is still weak and raspy much of the time. My speech therapist says I am doing great and if I continue improving she will ask the Dr. to let her check on me now and then.

That was good news to me. I was so sick of having to drink everything nectar consistency. I will still have physical therapy 3 times a week. I don't mind that because she comes out to the house and I don't have to go running all over the place. Riding is very hard on all my back problems.

So, I think I'm getting better everyday. Pati, I know it is hard to have few people to talk to. You sound like you are showing progress, but I'm not sure I know what happened to you. If you feel like it one day maybe you can give us all some idea what happened. We care about you dear Pati and you have been missed very much since you've been missing!!

Please take care of your self and do what the Drs. say. I know the feeling about not liking to go to Dr. so much. I'm just plum sick of them!!

I pray everybody else is doing well and Joy, you stop that grumbling about winter. It will come and go so fast you won't even miss it! lol I hardly remember anything since fall of last year. Now you remember I am not fussing at you cause I love you too!

I love you all and hope to hear from all of you soon.

to all, Jo
    Last edited by Jo6; 11-23-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

I have to confess that out of ANY conversation I have with anyone, I always get just part of the words correctly, than I try and figure out what was said. truthful now. I even asked the doctor about my ears because they hurt so bad, I was thinking maybe there was fluid or something behind my hurting and not hearing everything. nothing there so it is probably just my normal merines disease.

so if I ever post something on braintalk telling what someobe else said, Please forgive me if I tell a wgopperf on you. it will just be my not understanding what was said.

but I sure was glad for those words that I did figure out when speaking to youy all on phone. usually a phone conversation is clearer to me because it blocks out noise of the room etc.

let me tell you all about the last sorta nice day we had here - there were 2 bluebirds in my backyard. the oldest bird was taking his bath in his birdbath. he took a long one too. then it was the younger birfds turn, well he was considerfazbly shorter time. lol made me think of young boys just hitting the high spots when cleaning. I won't get to sede that again for some time nows but it was plesant to stand inside and watch the birfds with their ritual. take care all

Now I let my mouth get me into trouble all the time lately!! I had to open mouth, insert foot and tell speech therapist that I sort of fell last night! Just stumbled over a small table, grabbing everything I could get hold of to keep from falling in the floor.

Now I really thought nothing of it, but the therapist sure thought something about it. She typed up all sorts of stuff, who knows what?? Now she will pass it on the physical therapist and I heard her tell the Drs. assistant all about it, making it sound like I did something horrible. Yes indeed, net time I stump my great toe I shall keep it to my self!!

It sure can make a body depressed and here I thought she would be rid of me today! Well, at least the physical T. will be all bubbley and happy when she comes!!

No more grumbling. Joy, you can fuss all you want to about winter time if you want to. I like to hear about the bird's and Nick and Nora and Marion's birds and all the other critters, oh yes, Pati's deer. I saw 2 on the side of the highway coming home from the Dr. the other day. Somebody had hit them and killed them. I'm getting more depressed by the moment so I'll hush and hut something happy to talk about.

take care all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

I can understand if they want to put you thru more physical therapy jo. it might help your walking, at least I hope so. those falls can be awfully nasty and slow us people down. notice I did not exclude myself from that group

I am hoping that you do not have any more falls this long dreary winter. and no apologies needed for talking about anything. it is allowed here right? I should think so. so go ahead and no need to censor what you say dear jo..

OK Joy, we need to spend our time having a good time Well, the Speech Therapist did say I graduated. lol Didn't help my spelling though. lol The Physical Therapist is still coming. I KNEW she would know I had fell, but she is so happy and dances around, laughs and just makes a body feel like dancing too! She says I still have to watch and if I can stay off the floor long enough I will be dancing in no time!! lol

She is a very good gal. She makes me think of Beth and actually she looks like Beth. I'm glad I had this group of therapy's, they are the best, much better than the last ones. Well, enough talking about me. I think I am making progress and for that I am thankful!

Take care all and have a good Thanksgiving. my love, Julia

for my brother Ben

Pati, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. You deserve the best!! All my love, Jo

for my brother Ben

Well, good news. Ken says if I can find him a 55 Chevy he could make me all better!! Now if it works for me you all might want to try it!

Of course Ken is joking, just trying to cheer me up, but it's nice of him anyway. He has been such a good help to me . So has Harvey and Beth. They both know the therapist that come to help me get my sea legs going again. That has been a great help for me. the therapist have been very good, they are trying their best to help me get going. It helps that they come here at home, it's too hard for me to travel very far.

Beth started barking out orders, she wanted to know if the TP was doing a good job. So, like a good little mom I went thru some of the drills. I was surprised at the strength I had gained. Of course I paid for it Friday, but I keep pushing on. I had a lot of help, many prayers and good thoughts.

I am blessed and I'm thankful for all my friends here at BT.

I love you all, Julia ((((hugs))))

for my brother Ben

Jo, i had s stoke. hard for me to tpe. doing better. best go now.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast