Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Useful Websites (posted by David Hosobuchi, 10/2006--Updated 1/2018)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
    Agate: my neuro said IVIG is a DMT. And Rituxan is a DMT.
    I'm still tinkering with this thread and am glad that you're speaking up. I wasn't sure what to do about those two drugs but think I've found a way of including them without making everything too complicated.

The MS Society lists IVIG under treatments for relapses. Maybe it's disease-modifying as well but the medical community hasn't decided to say that it is yet.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

This thread is now as up to date as Moderator 7 and I could get it. I hope people will find it useful.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Neurology Now, mentioned in posts #2, 6, and 28 in this thread, has changed its name to Brain and Life. This free periodical is available for the asking, and you can have it sent in the mail and/or online by e-mail. Sometimes there is useful information about MS in it.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        Last edited by agate; 04-20-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks Agate, I signed up for my own subscription.
          s
          Jendie
          I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

The MSAA 2018 Research Update:

Comment

Useful Websites (posted by David Hosobuchi, 10/2006--Updated 1/2018)

ECTRIMS main site: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

ECTRIMS library home page: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
              Last edited by Mike Weins; 06-18-2018, 10:49 PM. Reason: added additional links
              Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Hospital ratings (US)

This site was highly recommended in the book American Sickness by Elisabeth Rosenthal, MD. You can look up all of the hospitals within a specified distance from your location and see ratings for them. You don't have to register at the site to see the ratings.

Comment

The MSAA 2019 research update:

Comment

The MSAA will apparently be issuing MS research updates every other month. Here is the research update for July 2019:

Comment

More MSAA Research Updates:

September 2019

November 2019

January 2020

Comment

Neurology Now has changed its name. It is now called Brain and Life and is still available for free. It is a publication of the American Academy of Neurology. It often has articles about MS.
                        Last edited by agate; 03-28-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

This page is dedicated to sharing with you the most trusted information from the neurology community about COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
                          "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Good up-to-date information on housing options from the MS Society--though it is a .pdf file:

Comment

The following link is to set up calendar events (it's a subforum of the MS forum).

Please note that all events will be placed into one calendar that anyone can see. If I figure out how to create a calendar for each forum that wants one I will
                              Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                              Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                              Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                              Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                              Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                              Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                              Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

The NARCOMS 2021/2022 newsletter, NARCOMS Now, has published a list of brain bank resources for those with MS (and often other neurological conditions) who would like to donate their brain to science when they die. Here is the list, with a couple of updates:

US:

National Multiple Sclerosis Tissue Repository Network
                                mscenterneuro@cumc.columbia.edu

Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center
                                McLean Hospital
                                hbtrc@mclean.harvard.edu

Cleveland Clinic Brain and Spinal Cord Donation Program
                                elderm3@ccf.org

Human Brain and Spinal Fluid Resource Center
                                310-268-3536

Multiple Sclerosis Tissue Repository
                                University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicgo
                                312-996-5763

Oregon Brain Bank
                                Oregon Health & Sciences University
                                503-494-0100

Rocky Mountain MS Center Tissue Bank
                                University of Colorado Denver
                                303-788-4030 ext. 120

NON-US:

Netherlands Brain Bank

Maritime Brain Tissue Bank
                                Dalhousie University
                                902-494-1551

Multiple Sclerosis Society Tissue Bank
                                Division of Brain Sciences, Imperial College London
                                +44 (0) 20 7594 9734

Newcastle Brain Tissue Resource
                                Newcastle University
                                nbtr@ncl.ac.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X