Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Useful Websites (posted by David Hosobuchi, 10/06)

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The MSAA (Multiple Sclerosis Association of America) has produced a 2015 summary of research in MS that could be very helpful and appears to be quite comprehensive.

You can see it here. These are the people who produced it:

Written and compiled by Stephen Krieger, MD
    Includes material by Margaret M. McCormick, RN, BSN, MSCN and Diana Schneider, PhD
    Reviewed by Jack Burks, MD | Edited by Susan Wells Courtney
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Links to several resources for assistance with medical expenses (thanks to JTwin)

Some people have asked for this information to be permanently available for all of us here. In a thread JTwin is passing on information about resources for assistance with medical expenses, based on first-hand experience:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...lp-some-of-you
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

The MSAA (Multiple Sclerosis Association of America) maintains a list of prescription-assistance programs. It was apparently last updated June 2, 2016, and is a comprehensive and readable list:

http://mymsaa.org/ms-information/pre...ion-assistance
    --Robert Benchley

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Default Free MRIs available through MSAA again, while funds last

The MS Association of America (MSAA) is reopening its program that enables people to get cranial MRIs "for MS diagnostic and follow-up exams until the limited funds are exhausted""

MRI Access Fund Returns

MSAA is thrilled to report we are currently processing applications for our longstanding and highly requested MRI Access Fund Program. Through recent support from Teva Neuroscience and Sanofi Genzyme, MSAA has reopened the program to provide cranial MRIs for MS diagnostic and follow-up exams until the limited funds are exhausted.

It is important to note that MSAA has adjusted certain aspects of the program to balance the anticipated high demand from our clients. Under the current programís guidelines, MSAA will process qualified applicants who are uninsured or unable to meet their current insurance deductible balance. Unfortunately, MSAA is unable to process co-insurance payments at this time.

The MRI Access Fund application has been updated to reflect these changes and can be accessed at mymsaa.org/mri or by calling (800) 532-7667, ext. 120.

Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis; no emergency situations apply; and specific documentation is required.

MSAA is extremely pleased to resume this critically important service to the MS community and will continue to seek additional funding to help meet increasing client demand. If you have any questions, please call (800) 532-7667, ext. 120.

--from the MSAA Motivator, Summer/Fall 2016 (p. 38)

--Robert Benchley

8. The following user says "thanks"

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How about a Medical Cannabis Community with a forum just for MS?

CannaTalks Multiple Sclerosis Forum

It's a new site, they need to get the ball rolling, so to speak. They are the first of their kind, (and the only one yet) like BrainTalk once was. Once that ball is rolling, it will snowball.
    Also like BrainTalk, this community is designed to cover as many disorders as patients call for. No one is turned aside.
    David Hosobuchi
    Administrator/Community Manager
    BrainTalk Communities Inc.

"The most determined win."

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Hosobuchi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about a Medical Cannabis Community with a forum just for MS?

CannaTalks Multiple Sclerosis Forum

It's a new site, they need to get the ball rolling, so to speak. They are the first of their kind, (and the only one yet) like BrainTalk once was. Once that ball is rolling, it will snowball.
    Also like BrainTalk, this community is designed to cover as many disorders as patients call for. No one is turned aside.
    Thank you David. Medical MJ just passed in Florida. I plan to learn about it.

12. The following user says "thanks"

The "findaneurologist " link doesn't work.

14. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

This one should work:

https://patients.aan.com/findaneurologist/

Thank you for calling this problem to my attention! I'll see what I can do about getting the earlier post changed.
    --Robert Benchley

16. The following user says "thanks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123