Thread: New here & Scared to death - cranial leak suspected.

Default New here & Scared to death - cranial leak suspected.

Hi everyone,
    I am new here but have been reading every forum I can find lately for CSF leaks, as this all started with head pressure, dizziness, nausea about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
    Well, 2 days ago a bad post nasal drip started and this morning some fluid from my ear. I am so scared. I don't want to die, I don't want brain surgeries. I have young children and am scared I won't be here for them. I am crying as I post this.
    How do you live with this? I give kudos to all of you because I feel like I can't live this way, and it's only been 2 weeks.
    I have seen 2 neurologists and an ENT. They did an MRI which was normal and the ENT said it wasn't sinus related. But since these appointments is when this post nasal drip is running down my throat and this fluid from my ear today.

I have an appt with another ENT who lists CSF as an 'interest' but it is not for 5 days. Although I am not in horrible pain, just pressure in head and weird sensations, I feel like when you have fluid leaking from your ear, you should go to an ER. But I don't want to be a guinea pig either, and subject myself to horrible testing by ER staff.

Honestly, if it weren't for the meningitis worries, I might just try living with this to avoid testing, and lumbar punctures that can lead to other leaks!
    Is there anything else this could be with these symptoms? I don't see anything now that I have the fluid leaking.

I feel like I am having a panic attack from this worry. Any words of advice would be soooo appreciated.

Thank you for listening.
    Juells

Gee, thanks for the replies and support. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by juells99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi everyone,
    I am new here but have been reading every forum I can find lately for CSF leaks, as this all started with head pressure, dizziness, nausea about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
    Well, 2 days ago a bad post nasal drip started and this morning some fluid from my ear. I am so scared. I don't want to die, I don't want brain surgeries. I have young children and am scared I won't be here for them. I am crying as I post this.
    How do you live with this? I give kudos to all of you because I feel like I can't live this way, and it's only been 2 weeks.
    I have seen 2 neurologists and an ENT. They did an MRI which was normal and the ENT said it wasn't sinus related. But since these appointments is when this post nasal drip is running down my throat and this fluid from my ear today.

I have an appt with another ENT who lists CSF as an 'interest' but it is not for 5 days. Although I am not in horrible pain, just pressure in head and weird sensations, I feel like when you have fluid leaking from your ear, you should go to an ER. But I don't want to be a guinea pig either, and subject myself to horrible testing by ER staff.

Honestly, if it weren't for the meningitis worries, I might just try living with this to avoid testing, and lumbar punctures that can lead to other leaks!
    Is there anything else this could be with these symptoms? I don't see anything now that I have the fluid leaking.

I feel like I am having a panic attack from this worry. Any words of advice would be soooo appreciated.

Thank you for listening.
    Juells

Distinguished Community Member

I hope things are better for you now juells. I cannot imagine all the anxiety and worry you must have been going through. and having small children. it is hard to be mommy and have to stay strong for their benefit all the while I imagine you'd like to just give up and hide head under pillow and wait for all bad things to pass.

I hope you were able to stay still IF you already have had to have any needle sticking in weird places. I am sorry that I have not seen your post sooner. here is hoping that if anyone has gone through the same thing that you have, they will also reply.

Hi Juells,
    I hope you're better too.
    There seem to be a lot of lurkers on the board if there are 280 views of your message and only a few replies.
    How did the ENT visit go? Is it CSF? Did it stop on its own?