Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT November Chit Chat

"waving"

Hi everyone,, hope October treated you well, temperature was up and down, so my relapses were too,,

We got the fields combined, and we didn't do as bad as we expected, yields were still border lined,,

everyone is fine here,,our son, in Florida, may be going to Iraq, security job, he probally be there a while,,,oh well,, its his choice,,

Sam is fine,, she watches out for me,, and since Joe is retired,, she is his shadow, always with him,,

later,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

:) Hi everyone. Peg I'm glad things are better than you had expected.

I only had about 10 young trick or treaters and about 30 teenagers. Years ago we had over 200 kids each Halloween but I think parents are taking kids to the malls instead now. I bought two kinds of candy and only one of them I like. Still I have a lot left. I think I will put it in a ziplock bag and store it for next year.

My van will be ready at some time today. I can't wait to get rid of this rental. I'm sure the insurance company paying $99 a day for it is anxious for me to get it back too. Jeanie :)

Comment

November? You mean I missed Halloween? No wonder Sam, my black cat. wanted to go out so bad last night.

Today was my run around day. Post office, the ATM for money, then to CVS for my meds, then the grocery store. Everything is put away, and the day is now mine.

I'll take care of any extra candy you may have. Why? Because I'm always willing to help.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie your candy is sitting on my end table and it is getting cold and......eaten.

It is supposed to SNOW tomorrow night. My neighbor is ripping our front field they are using a 7 shank ripper something new for our area. I cant imagine how much fuel that it uses per hour. It sub soils down to 3 feet deep.

Cold and foggy this am here in the spud state. The leaves have not finished falling and if0 it does snow there will be a bunch of broken branches. I wonder if I could crawl around in the tree with the leaf blower? And not get caught by my wife.

Peg glad that you did okay this year. I remember one year my wife said to stop at the bank I ask if I needed to sign some checks? She said no we needed to borrow $10,000 to make up the difference on what we lost on the onions!

One thing you learn never to do is take any money left over and divide it by how many hours you worked, its way to depressing.

Jeanie, it sounds as though you are almost through this mess with your van....................

Just noticed that I am on the first page of the thread. be awhile since I got that honor.

Be healthy everyone.

Comment

Gary, don't you be eating all the candy. Don't you make me send these candy loving cats!!!
          "You wouldn't like them when they're angry." (From the movie Hulkster Cats.)

"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
            It is supposed to SNOW tomorrow night.
            It's supposed to snow here tomorrow night too. I had no idea MA and Idaho could have such similar weather!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

:) Hi everyone. Snow, wow I've only seen snow once when David and I went to Connecticut for Christmas with his family. I was using a cane and I tried to step up onto the snow and my cane went through it and I went face down. David said flip over and make a snow angel. We also made a snowman and threw snowballs. It was beautiful but I never got warm until we came back south.

I GOT MY VAN!!! The body shop did a great job. It looks better than it did before the wreck. It was so nice to have seats that are leather and you csn turn on and mine goes way back making it easier to get on the scooter. Also my tie downs are easy to use and I could not use the rental ones as I could not use both hands that low on the floor. I put a seat belt around my scooter in the rental. I really appreciate my van more now.

My son Andy came in the morning and mowed and mopped the whole house. Then he came back at 2 and we went to get the van. He followed me to the gas station and filled the rental van and then we took it back.

The brakes on my van are a little mushy so I have to get my mechanic to look at them. Maybe it is from the wreck. Also the body shop opened the ramp door by using the door handle which has a sign over it saying DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR. I had told them they needed to use the switch on the dash or the remote on the keys. Luckily the $800 bar did not break this time as it still works, but the door ajar light stays on when it is closed so it broke the switch. My mechanic can do that too.

I am soooo happy to have it back. I put off a lot of things because the rental was hard to use, so now I can do all of those easily again.

Enjoy your snowfall and I hope we all have an easy Winter. It is in the 80's here and we are getting a cold front on Sunday and we wil be in the 70's. Jeanie :)

Comment

Hi all. A balmy 66 degrees here on coastal southeastern New England. Supposed to get colder tomorrow. Yesterday we had winds in excess of 60 mph in places around here. Surf was really high. Finally got titration pack of Rebif and started back on it yesterday. Couldn't even feel it at 8.8 mcg. Big difference from the 44 mcg I was on a few years ago. No site reaction even! I hope this bodes well. Staying on the LDN for now. I think it may be helping with sleep and I am not so intensely fatigued as I was 4 weeks ago when I started it.

It's nice to have our male contingent back and posting!!!

Comment

Hi Cherie!

Two true stories.

I used to show my hotpink Karmann Ghia. At one show, this little girl was leading her mom around my car, and when she got to me, she stopped and asked me....."Is that a Barbie Car?

Recently, the other happened. I don't know how, but I'm an old man with long white hair, and a white beard. A lady, holding her daughter's hand and laughing, came up to me (in my motorized kart) to say her little girl wanted to know if I was Santa Clause. I laughed and let out a loud....Ho...Ho...Ho!

I think half the store laughed.
                  Last edited by Howie; 11-02-2013, 04:48 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

PINKY!!!!

Thanks, Howie.

Comment

I think several of us 'built" Pinky with you you were so faithful at the accounting of her refurbishing. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Do you still have a pic of pinky to put on here?
                        Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Now Sally, stop twisting my arm...I'll post a picture of Pinky.

Last edited by Howie; 11-03-2013, 07:01 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Howie, she's purty!
                            I wonder how much you could get, if you sell it?
                            You may be rich and not know it?
                            Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

I bought every part on it, and built it myself, so no, I know what it costs, and know now I am very poor, but wouldn't sell it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X