Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new kitties

Blog Entries

Default My new kitties

Ok now that mid terms are over with I can get on with the reeeeaaalllly important stuff

Fatso is a 6 and a half years old orange tabby cat. Furrybutt is a 5 month old medium hair black kitten.

These are just a couple of quick photos (I had to touch up the one of them on my bed because Furrybutt moved as I snapped the photo), I will be taken many more and will post some in this thread from time to time

da_boys1.jpg
    da_boys2.jpg
    da_boys3.jpg
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Cats are the biggest, happiest and best thing that will happen to some of us.
    My avatar is Peaches and Badcat.

Distinguished Community Member

HI A fav subject of mine too! Mike, your babies are so cute! I have never lived in an apt without a cat. I wouldn't know what to do without at least one furry four-legged kiddie. For some reason, the black cats find me. I don't know if it is because they get put out more or what as most of mine were/are rescues. I now have three tuxedos, and they are such a joy to have around. They teach me a lot too. I will have to move soon as my landlord wants to sell my place, and my animals go with me. I had one solid black once too and one solid white. All others have been tuxedos. I tried to add Lucy's pic here Maybe it worked. She is the newest of the three and the youngest. Very personable cat and so funny too. She is a definite mama's girl.

Lucy (2).jpg

Blog Entries

Awww Lucy is a cutie I think people are still ignorant about black cats. Some of the sweetest cats in our shelter are black cats.

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Thanks Mike, She is definitely one of the most touchy-feely cats I have had in that she crawls up, finds a comfortable spot, and sits a while. They all have their own personality a favorite idiosyncrasies. LuLu was next in line and likes to get in the lavatory when I brush my teeth She doesn't mind the water which is totally unreal! She and Lucy both like to get in my desk between me and the computer monitor which can make writing a paper difficult without a doubt. lol LuLu was a 5 week old kitten behind my apt that I adopted instead of fostering and adopting her out. The third is Mascot. He was he one living with a feral colony who found the food at my door in 2006. I fed him at my door for a year while I earned my online BSN as he would not let me come near him at all, and then decided to trap him and take him with me when I moved to start on my MSN. In that cage, he looked like he was thinking, " Now look what a fine mess I have gotten myself into!!" Once with me, he was so stand-offish at first but now likes to get on the sofa arm with me. He gets behind me at my neck and bunts my head. I see that as his affection, and from one that was living on the street in a feral colony and then displaced to a drainage pipe to be nearer the food at my door, that is a major improvement. I guess we all have a story. They are each a delight and are great teachers. They go where I go. Tattoo

Blog Entries

AWW OMG HOW CUTE!!! They are more like teenage cats. I love cats but I have never owned them because some of my family members are allergic to them. I think cats are really smart. I agree that people are ignorant of black cats. I met a blind black cat once at a rescue and wish I could have adopted her. I wanted to name her "Pamela" Thanks so much for sharing! Please continue to post cat pictures! These made my day!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

tattoo you must be a good person for that wild cat to tame down enough to become an inside pet. cats are smart about people I think. thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks Joy, I wonder sometimes if he had a home at one time and got left behind or dropped off. He was living with that feral colony for sure and I think got displaced by a bigger animal, so he moved closer to the food source, my apt. lol He has the notches in his ears that they do when they trap, neuter, and release. He has one in both ears like they trapped him twice and still put him back out!! He was more frightened and very standoffish for a couple of years. I feel he was abused somehow, but he now trusts me. Give them lots of space and let him come to me. Also it helps to force the affection or closeness so they can get used to that. Picked him up often and held him close so that he got used to that and the positive that goes with it. I did have a for-real feral that was solid back. I got her at the shelter and didn't dare pick her up!! I'd be in shreds. The only time she hopped up near me was when she was near the end. I found a nodule in her throat and was going to have it removed, but the Vet did an x-ray and found she had lung cancer. I put her down instead of doing the surgery. I have no idea how they ever got her in a cage at the shelter!! Somebody got stitches!
    Funnylegs I agree. Cats are pretty smart. They have to be I guess to survive. Tattoo

LuLu.jpg

This is LuLu the 5 week old I rescued. She is a ragdoll. I will have to find one of Mascot the one i was talking about in this post.
    Last edited by Tattoo2; 11-07-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: To add pic

Blog Entries

Wow LuLu is striking :) I love the white fur on the chest :)

Step 1 - log in

Everyone = I LOVE black kitties. we had three and then two and now sadly, none BUT , we have a silver/platinum, white kitty with a raccoon face (Masked!) who is one cool character. we were at a restaurant and a couple of girls were outside giving away kittens. they put "Smiley" short for Miles of Smiles in my partners arms and we had a new kitty. we had sadly lost our last kitty (black with a white star) who was old, **** who just left one night, which I understand that cats do sometimes when they know it is their time (yes,we looked for him and checked the shelter but he never left our yard as far as we know so....) so now smiley with our new guest with an all white kitty to keep him company. not easy getting them to know each other but they are working it out. I have always loved black kittys, they have ALWAYS been some of the most affectionate kittys I have had.
    Enjoy the the Kittys! Mike - You are truly blessed to give your time to them.
    Love and Light
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast