Hi, I'm new to this particular forum and had Sinus Surgery on September 27th, two weeks later on a Saturday morning after consulting a nurse via phone about having a week of painful migraine like headaches and then that morning having a clear fluid running from my nose, an ambulance was called and I was raced to the ER.

The ER took their pretty time about it and long story short it was over 3 hour wait before they saw me for a consultation. I was examined fully by one doctor and he brought in a consultant doctor and they phoned my ENT surgeon who performed the sinus surgery. The ER discharged me after the phone consult and sent me home with a prescription for oxycodone 4 per day and a specimen container to catch any errant leakage from my nose again and a follow up appointment with my ENT in two days time.

I saw my ENT yesterday afternoon and he looked with the camera up my nose to see if he could see the source of the leak, but no such luck and by then my nose was no longer leaking fluid. I have to wonder though as part of my sinus problems initially was post nasal drip. The specimen container was sent to a pathology lab yesterday afternoon also. I amusingly had to reassure my ENT that I was not upset at this turn of events - worried yes, but not upset with him as my body thinks it is amusing to hurt me as much as possible. He has just never had a CSF leak occur to one of his patients before - ever.

My head, every single day my head feels like it's being squashed under a bus, constricted and feels like it weighs a tonne. The pain is always there but starts to get worse mid-afternoon and the night time is horrible. I don't know what is to happen next.

I also have trigeminal neuralgia, occipital neuralgia, fibromyalgia, endometriosis, ehlers-danlos syndrome (genetic connective tissue disorder), familial hypercholesterolemia (genetic high cholesterol levels), osteopaenia (weak bones, the stage prior to having osteoporosis) and mild obstructive sleep apnea.

Kind regards,

Kerry (Immo)