Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are back!

Distinguished Community Member

Red face We are back!

Glad to see BT is up again! Thanks to David and everyone behind the scenes. Plus Agate for letting me know what is happening.

Blog Entries

That fix was much faster than I expected! Many thanks to those who made it possible!

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Hooray!!!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Thank you for getting the board back up. I felt alone and lost when I could not read the board. Being able to come here and communicate with others is wonderful when you are alone all the time. Thanks again, Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Yes, thanks Agate for the heads up and thanks David and all
    for the expedient effort!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Blog Entries

I contacted only a few people. I was working on contacting more people when the board reappeared.

After a day or two with no board and no announcement, I looked in some old stored e-mail until I found an e-mail address for David Hosobuchi, and sent a message inquiring. He answered very promptly and I relayed his message to some people here but hadn't got around to others whom I could have reached.

I thought the admins might put up a general announcement but that didn't happen this time.

Judging from some past experiences and from a sticky thread Mike Weins posted recently, I was wrongly assuming that this would be another long time with no BrainTalk.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((agate))))))

I was wondering what had happened to BT, and hoping for an announcement or automatic email with an explanation. I found a really old (2008) birthday email from BrainTalk and used that address in hopes of contacting Mike or David. It's probably floating in cyberspace now.

Did David tell you what happened? Maybe he or Mike will give us a global announcement.

So glad this wasn't a protracted crash.

Glad we're back in business!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Blog Entries

Hi Rose,
    I understand that the contents of an e-mail shouldn't be shared without the author's permission, and when I passed David Hosobuchi's message on to a few people from the MS board, I let him know I was doing that.

I hope that the administrators will provide an explanation for everyone soon.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

They are very busy and maybe a little embarrassed.
    Hey, stuff happens!! lol
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 10-15-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((agate & Sally))))))

Thank you for your responses. I wouldn't want you to breach confidentiality, of course, and I appreciate you pointing that out to me.

I know Mike just posted to us about his extremely busy schedule, and David was on vacation, so when we crashed, I didn't know what might have happened or whether either one of them even knew that it had happened. That's why I tried an attempt to email them with an ancient email address.

I'm just curious, and I don't feel owed an explanation. No one should feel embarrassed. They voluntarily do their best to serve our community, and I am so grateful for their efforts.

Just wanted to mention this also: I went to Brain Talk's Facebook page looking for an announcement, or other BT members posting there that they couldn't get on BT. Nothing. I think the BT Facebook page would be a useful tool for the purpose of notifying all members that the system has crashed. Give updates on its progress in getting back up. Etc.

I think about how many members we lost after the last big crash. I would hate for members to think after 2 days, and no notice of any kind, that BT was gone, and then they would leave and not return. Communicating on the Facebook page, since we have one, would be one way to prevent that from occurring.

And I don't belong to or even like Facebook!

I tend to worry and feel motherly toward Brain Talk. Can't help it.

I'm just glad we're back.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast