Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

Distinguished Community Member

Default Roll Call

Hi Al - I know this has been a tough season, me and my partner have been dealing with a lot of drama, we lost our car we live in the middle of nowhere, did a LOT of walking and it hurt but you do what you have to do, Happy to say we now owe the bank a Lot of money for the foreseeable future, but what a beautiful car, that and the change of weather have us both feeling the change (Increased Pain Levels) add a roommate into the equation and you have Drama - he is a good person, stayed with us previously, so that is ok. Some people seem to think we NEED the money - it helps, but we are by no means desperate - we brought him in as a friend but people draw their own conclusions - Oh Well - to heck with fair weather friends = as in when the sun goes out, they are like shadows, Gone. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well, Please check in as I would hate to see this forum go away ..... As said at the beginning, I KNOW times are tough for a LOT of us - but if you can - check in.
    Blessings to all
    Alex44
    Skypilot

PS Lest anyone think we have money - we get by on an ssi check each and budget,budget,budget - We got a Nice used car with affordable payments - Barely. We are very grateful to spirit - we are both ordained minister and take nothing for granted.
    Blessings
    A.
    Last edited by alex44; 10-10-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Alex, it is good to see you posting and having a little bit of good fortune turning your way. I have just about given up on people showing up here any more but I keep checking now and then. My wife and I have been getting by but she did hurt her lumbar once again and to top it off her gall bladder decided to quit functioning. She made it through the gall bladder removal surgery and is starting to feel like her old self again. Our daughter and SIL come over often and bring their wonderful daughters [ 3 and 1 year old] for grandma and grandpa to be with. Our son is preparing to go to Afghanistan as his unit of the 82nd Airborne is scheduled to rotate over there in January. He says they have started intensive training and they bring in veterans from the last rotation to train them on what to be aware of and what to look out for. I was hoping we would have our troops home before he had to go but it is just another promise broken I guess. He is looking forward to the deployment so I don't feel so bad. My wife just doesn't think about it right now but she will be a wreck the entire time he is there.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Mark - thank you for the support. I don't know why the forum is so quiet lately, gosh knows, you practically did CPR on this forum and yet... Good to hear from you - Stupid Ford Motor Co. puts the air intake for the carb in the drivers side wheel well, which means if you go through any water at all, you have a good chance of pulling water into your engine - water does NOT compress - then you have a locked up engine - I got lucky, my trusted mechanic bought it from me for $200. and already has a used engine in it, he will make a few, maybe more bucks after it is running again and the good will I got along with the cash ( he is the ONLY mechanic in town I trust) - works for me. How are YOU doing? how is your wife doing - all good I hope and pray. Enjoy the grands, seem like they grow up sooo quick now, I hope this finds you well - we are doing O.K. our new (used) car is a 2006 Chevy cobalt - lots of zip and very easy (32mpg+) 0n the gas so we are happy - ecstatic might be a better word.
    Take care. You and your family are in our prayers.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Red face

Hi Alex and Mark! I's sure that you are shocked to see me here, since it has been quite awhile since you've heard from me. Things have basically been going well for our extended family here in NJ. The addition we had built for me and my hubby was finished back in January 2013, and we are really enjoying the extra room and privacy (when we want privacy, that is!). Our third grandchild was born in June, a girl. They named her Penelope Lynn (Lynn was our daughter Andrea's middle name) and she is a little angel! Having the grandkids around daily keeps me young and active, and that's good for me! Our grandson, Angelo, who loves playing on the local football team, will be nine in November, and then there's Julianna, who will be six in January. She reminds us all of Andrea, especially her smile!

We also have joined the growing list of families who have decided become 'mini' farmers, and raise chickens for the eggs. Everything is completely organic, right down to the feed we give them. We got 6 little chicks in March, and turned out we had gotten 5 hens and one big, protective rooster, and we have been getting 5 eggs nearly every day! I have really become attached to the hens, while the rooster, Mikey, is another story! He is big, and can be nasty - protective of his 'girls', and he has been known to run at me when they are out of their coop, just 'free ranging'. Luckily, we have quite a bit of property, so they have plenty of room to roam and still be on our property.

Well, I could go on and on, but I won't! I will tell you that I am looking forward to my favority time of year - the Christmas season! I love the usic, the lights, the decorations, ALL of it! In fact, DH and I will be having a little Christmas tree of our own, right in our bedroom. A real one, naturally, and it will be decorated completely with angel ornaments!

Hope you all continue to stay positive, and keep that on your faces!

Hugs,
    My avatar is of my daughter, Andrea, who we lost in a fire on 1/18/11

** Hx of an L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in April 2002 and taking daily pain meds;
    ** proud Grandma of three grandchildren, Angelo, 11/11/05, and Julianna, 1/3/08, and Penny, 6/20/13

Smiling Angel - Glad to hear everything is going so well for you. I have been to upper New Jersey (West Milford) and it was Beautiful - sounds like you are in the same kind of beautiful area. You are so blessed to have your grand's - I love kids, so I can imagine the joy the grand's bring. Take care.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Glad to hear something is going well for you and yours Alex. We've been taking some hits but finally getting things in order. Our plan is to move to No. Calif. to become organic farmers, veggies and eggs, some gluten-free products which I must say I'm getting good at making and they taste good too!
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
    Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Smiling Angel, it is good to hear from you and find out things are going well. I know what you mean about grandkids keeping you young as our two small granddaughters keep me going. They are coming over this evening for Halloween so it will be good to see them in their costumes. It sounds like that rooster can keep you running around and in good shape - lol.

LilE, I hope the move works out and you can live the way you want. Being farmers isn't easy but it does give you a good feeling to see what you are planting and taking care of grow. Good Luck.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Cool

Thanks to all that responded. I feel like I am playing "Whack a Mole" ( Poor Moles - if you have ever seen one live, up close and personal, you know they are beautiful Critters) since every time I get one situation under control. ( that needs money, of course) another one pops up. I just found out I have Termites! Yikes. Anyway, they are of the less destructive type, drywall/dry wood, as opposed to the subterranean variety, but will have to be treated just the same. I am hoping to get by with spot treatments, which I understand is a bit less expensive, but still, with a shiny new car payment) I drowned the Taurus in 6-8 inches of water trying to drive down a flooded street thanks to Ford Motor Co. putting the air intake in the drivers front wheel well - ****ty engineering - too easy to suck water into the engine and it does VERY bad things when that happens) and the increased ins., it came at a bad time, not that there ever is a good time - that and food stamps got cut, they are going to cut more, so they say, and then when we get our pitiful little cola, they will cut some more. I cry when I go to the grocery store(almost) because THEY say (who ever THEY is,) that prices have not risen - BS. Sorry for the vent - just seems like every time I seem to get just a LITTLE ahead - BAM Whack a mole time. anyway, enough about me - How is everyone - As I said in the beginning of this post, I know a lot of us are busy, sick, and sometimes just overwhelmed - BUT - try if you can to pop in just to say hi, hello, how are ya - or just to vent/rant about YOUR circumstances.
    Hope this finds everyone as well as they can be - All of you are in my prayers.
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    Last edited by alex44; 10-31-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Alex, I know all to well the whack a mole feeling and I hope you can get your head above water soon. It seems like you should catch a break soon. Speaking of a break Brion found out he has another bout of colon cancer just in time to find out the due to ACA he has lost his long time doctor. He seems to like the new doctor and they have decided to use a experimental form of chemo therapy as he doesn't have enough colon left to cut the cancer out. I found brion on facebook Brion Langer.

In my case I did a stupid thing and really hurt my lumbar spine so I have been restricted to my chair and the bathroom that is less than 5 steps away. It is slowly and I mean slowly getting better so I just have to be patient. My wife has gotten much better at helping me out and getting things for me I can't get for myself. My mom just found out she has the onset of Parkinson disease so that is the end of her visits down here. Our kids dropped by with the granddaughters and my daughter brought up going up to my mom's for Thanksgiving [I usually cook dinner and we all come here]. We would do all the work and provide all the food so my mom won't have to do anything other than allow us her big house to gather in. I talked to my mom tonight and all is okay we just need to set the times and details with everyone.

Sorry to hear about your food stamps getting cut especially when so many are scamming the system and people that truly need the help get hurt in the process. I hope this blessed season brings about a change in your situation. Hang on the best you can and remember to focus on Christ and he will provide for his most needest. Don't forget to use the food pantries in your area if you can as they help stretch out the food stamps.

Thank You Mark, and also to all you other wonderful folk out there. Mark, I hope and pray for you - you have always been around and that is appreciated. I am sorry you hurt yourself, I believe it to be the nature of the beast to overdo when we are feeling good - and then we pay - we get better - until the next time. Well, All I can say is, I have to do what I can when I can. If I end up hurting, well, more then likely it was for a good reason and that helps with the depression that I am fighting hard - I get relief once in a while - all I will say. I do hope that you mark, esp. and all others have a wonderful thanksgiving, We will probably go out, cooking for just two is just too much work, although we may get invited out to a friends house but we want it to be a happy time. I truly hope this finds everyone well and as happy as possible - yes, I know sometimes, esp. around the holidays, it seems to be the season of misery but happiness IS a choice and I for one, am choosing to be happy, hard as that sounds. :) oxymoron anyone :) so I will leave now with blessings for all.
    Blessings
    Love and Light
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    Last edited by alex44; 11-07-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: SP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast