Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BT is on autopilot (sort of) for awhile

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Mike - Great things you are doing. I love kitty's and the position you describe (socializing kitty's) has given me inspiration that I could do something like that - I am looking into it. I am sure you will instantly fall in love with your new kittens - they are little love machines.
    good luck with your studies, From getting my degree, I know it can be a grind but hang in there.
    Good luck
    Blessings
    Alex44

Good job and good luck, Mike.

Community Member

You are one busy guy. At least you have your Sundays for NASCAR. Go Jimmy Johnson!
    Gene

Blog Entries

I am taken aback by all of your replies. I wasn't expecting anything like this I've been getting the run around with my job lately. I'm supposed to be signing a hiring package, but the lady in charge is in AZ :( Oh well sooner or later she has to come back

I actually only have 1 real midterm to worry about. My math teacher broke the midterm into 3 parts, we've already done 2 (got an A on both) and will be doing the thid one in Nov sometime. He mentioned this to us just today which was a nice surprise. My computer, typing, and business English midterms all appear to be easy from the "practice midterm's" we've done. My intro to business midterm is going to be a pain in the *** though :( So midterm week shouldn't be such a big deal for me after all :)

I am truly happy to be able to help (by keeping BT up and running) nuthatch :)

Tattoo2 I've always loved animals but cats and dolphins are my top two. I'd love to discuss kitties and share pictures with you if you are up to it. I will start a topic sometime after midterms in the Chit-Chat Forum ;)

Sally that's what I plan on doing Fri and Sat nights assuming that all of my homework is finished :)

andromeda31 thank you I'll need all of the luck I can muster for this business midterm

Porkette if I had any energy to spare I'd gladly share it :) One good thing about being this busy is that it is helping my insomnia. I am falling asleep faster now than I was just a couple of months ago :)

{{{{{Rose}}}}} Being good all of the time isn't fun ;p You've got to be bad every once in awhile to keep people on their toes :)

JanM ummmm spare time? Play with the kitties of course!

Diandra I am a helper at heart. I always feel like I could do more though :(

David you suck! I wanna go to Maui :(

alex go for it! You will never know if you don't inquire, and if it's somthing you are able to do I'm positive you will enjoy it a lot :)

Thanks Purpel1 :)

Geneo76 NASCAR! I have to admit that JJ is a good driver. However I think there's something a little odd about his team having cars that are noticably better than the rest of HMS. I was an Earnhardt Sr. fan, I like Jr. but he is too safe with his set ups and racing. Kenseth is the driver I root for the most. That man can wheel a car, and this "rookie" year with his new team is proof enough of that :) Man I could go on all day about NASCAR, perhaps we need a thread in Chit-Chat for it ;)
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Congrats for your well earned "A"s.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Mike, Glad your semester is going well. Will be fun to share kitty stories and pics with you when you get breathing room. All three of mine are rescues as I mentioned, and I have had several others that were as well as one dog too. I will check the chit chat forum. Just got back from Baltimore. Went to check out the area to see if I'd like it there. You'd love their aquarium. My 4 legged babies missed me. Tattoo
    Last edited by Tattoo2; 10-12-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Only 1 more midterm to worry about and that's my Business English midterm

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

Yay midterms are over I got A's on all but one (scored an 88/100) so I'm happy about that I only work Saturday and Sunday now (had to stop working on Thursday mornings, it was just too much to do) :)

I have a bunch of stuff to do around the house (winterizing) and to my Bronco which will eat up most of my free time for the next two weeks. So sometime near mid November I'll be adding some new mods to BT. I don't know which ones off the top of my head, I'll have to go over the list I have and see which ones are the coolest

I am seriously considering updating the software from our current version to 4.2.1 since it seems to be pretty stable now. It is a big change in both structure (behind the scenes) and layout (what you folks see) in some respects. What I might do is put up a temporary forum with version 4.2.1 and make a poll here in the feedback forum. Yea, I think I'll do that

Step 1 - log in

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Congrats on your grades, Mike..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Blog Entries

So, I no longer work at Midas. The dude that runs that place is way too stressed out and it makes a stressful working environment considering my class schedule. Oh well.

Finals are coming up in two weeks (week of the 16th), I haven't had much time to get the test forums with the newest software up yet. Almost done winterizing the house :) So hopefully after finals I can get the test forum up.

I have changed the default style to "Christmas 2011" style. I really wanted to have a New Year's style done, but perhaps next year :)

Step 1 - log in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast