Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT October Chit Chat

<waving>

Hi everyone,,from the dust bowl in Iowa,, this is so sad,,no rain as of yet, yields were looking promising but not now,,

Gary,, you are like my husband,, either he fixes it or tears it down, and starts over,, farmers always up for a challenge,, and of course he never charges them,, says its family,, yeah that's when you charge double,,lol, our son Josh is a contractor,, and family are always trying to get him to do work for free,, we always paid him..he won't do it. for free..

Finally the canning/freezer equipment is put away,, I did 6 quarts of peach pie filling,, I called it quits,,, enough is enough

Sam is good,, she can sense when I have a flare, and is always right there,,

Jeanie,, thanks for the B/C,, and hope things go right side up for you,,{{{ Jeanie}}}

Better go, I have a bow hunter {deer} to send out in the morning,,

later..
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Sheesh, October already!!! Christmas is only 85 days away.

Hi Peg, smart doggy. I've been thinking of sending mine over the
    Rainbow bridge, He's just not a well or happy doggy anymore....Sad...
    He's over 15 now.

Hello all,, hope you are well!
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 10-01-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Peg and Gary I wish I could send you some of our rain. I am tired of it.

Sally I am facing the same decision and so far I have not been able to do it. You are in my prayers. My Little Bit is 17.

The man who pulled out in front of me and wrecked my ramp van's insurance called and they will pay for the rental ramp van which I had gotten yesterday for $99. a day. His insurance company called the van place and told them to bill them. That is great as my policy only covers $15. a day and I would have paid the difference. His insurance company lady's Mother has MS so we talked about MS for awhile and I gave her the LDN website.

I went grocery shopping last night and when I got home I could not figure out how to get the rear hatch door open. The van does not have a key but a funny oval shaped thing you stick in a slot and turn to start the van. I called my neighbor and he came over and figured it out. You have to hit unlock then hit another button for the rear hatch.

The ramp and doors are all on buttons on it and a panic button and a lock and unlock button. It is a huge van but I like my 2000 much better. I am hopeful they can repair it. Mine has leather seats and I slide in and out easily. This one I have to climb up on a running board to get in the seat and they are velvet like and do not slide you easily.

The man's insurance wants me checked out by a doctor. I already had scheduled a visit for Friday morning. They said have them bill them for it. My weak left leg has about a 3 inch bruise on the knee and a smaller one on my right thumb but no pains. I feel very lucky I was not hurt or killed because it was quite an impact.

I have a lot of faith and I'm sure God was looking out for me and that He will help me get the best solution even though it may not be the way I thought was best. Have a great Autumn everyone. Thank you for the emails. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 10-01-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: always typos

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Just getting caught up since I haven't checked in for a few day. Been busy trying to acquire tile flooring for the new house through an on-line liquidation auction. This auction stuff is kinda stressful, but you sure can save some $$$. Hubby went and picked up the tile purchases today.
    Gary, we are building a house right now, and like you, my husband plans to build a pole barn for his shop, and to house his piles of tools and "STUFF". And like your wife, I'm finally getting my craft/sewing room too. We both have too many interests and not enough time, space, or energy!

Jeanie, so sorry to read about your mishap. Glad you weren't seriously hurt and hope the van can be fixed quickly.

Weird to read about the different weather problems across the country. I heard on the radio this morning that Seattle had heavy rain and a tornado touch down yesterday - unheard of!
    While it rains elsewhere, it is so dry here that my husband had to go over to the construction site to water down again just to keep the dust down. It hasn't rained in months and months.
    There have been cases of Valley Fever in this area, which is a very serious lung disease caused by spores in the soil that become airborn when dry dust is kicked up. A friend's SIL contracted it 2 years ago from just driving by a dusty road construction job. He was very sick for over a year and has permanent damage to his lungs.

Keep well everyone.
    Joan

Smile

:) Hi everyone. I called my insurance man to see what they are doing about my van. His recording says all calls will be returned by 5 PM. It has now been 5 days since the wreck. He did not call me back.

I sent an email tonight to Channel 5's Jenn Strathman who helps people when they are not getting treated right. I hope she calls him and gets them moving. With only one more work day I am worried as they won't do anything on the weekend. I wish they would just bring it up to the Auto Body shop I told them I wanted to use.

You are all in my prayers. Please say a prayer for me and the van. Thanks, Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Good move Jeanie.

Not getting back to you is absolutely irresponsible.
    Prayers for good things your way.

R

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Julie/DD just text me, to tell me that my "Pal is now in heaven with
    Augie Doggie, Sugar Pie and Daddy". She is having him cremated
    and scattering his ashes in DH/Daddys garden plot.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Love you, Sally. I know it's hard to put an animal down.
    Nothing helps much- maybe a kitten or two.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Unhappy

:) Sally my heart aches for you. The unconditional love your puppy had is something special. We are blessed when we have a dog to love. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

(((((Sally))))) I know it hurts. Hold on to the good memories.

Joan

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast