Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donna

Distinguished Community Member

Default Donna

I called last week to talk to donna. she and keving bothmissed one of our get to getheres said they had flu. well we went to see them it had gone into pneumonia. donna lost 12 pounds. so I was wondering if they would be up to going out to eat. donna was at her mothers so kecving told me that she was going to call me. well dunce tghat I am I asked questions and he said tghat her cancer was trying to become active again.

I never know what to say. I did ask that he have her call me because thedy both sleep weird and I know it is hard for me but with the pressures they are dealing with I can imagine sleep does not always come easy.

you all were so wonderful when it was my brother and I never did thank you for it. he is okay still. so if you would just keep donna and keving in your thoughts and prayers i'd appreciate it. donna is a strong person and shed says God is with her. she is never bitter and it helps me to stay strong when she is so strong herself. she has lived about 5 years now since the diagnosis and she will still tell you that she has met people that are in thedir 20 year after diagnosis.

there is a restaurant she wants to eat at and we had planned to go. but b y the time she called me the next day keving was asleep the place closes at q2 pm so it was to late to eAt tghedred that day. I am hoping she will call and be up to going one day soon. she made mention about reading about the place while looking at magazines while getting chemo and wanted to try it. so she needs to keep her weight up and i', game to eat anywhere she wants to try.

trying a new drug and if her magnesium and all stays high enough, she gets it added and it makes chemo take longer. I hopr ther new drug plus some of her old drug kicks cancer in hinney! (well she has a colostomy bag and that be onoly cfair..

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

joy ,

donna and kevin are so lucky to have you as a friend. i'm sure donna appreciates the time you have spent with her just getting her mind off of her problems.

of course you want to know how donna is doing! kevin prolly told you because he knows donna might not. maybe it's better he told you. don't beat yourself up for asking , it shows you care.

i certainly will keep donna and kevin in my prayers...donna has already been there for a while.

joy, just continue being the good friend you are to the family.

(((hugs))),
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Joy, I agree with everything Jeannie said.

we have such good people here. I am so thankful that I have a place where I can be really anynomis but I can unload all my cares and worries and know that people here will understand me.

better than that i'd like to hope if I ever get off track the same people will know something is amiss and remind me that there is perhaps another side of something that I am missing and will speak up and say so.

I sure can totally misunderstand some things especially if I am feeling bad or whatever. my son and daughter are on better terms than they have been for some time. but they limit that to texting a lot. most of the times it may be over a picture or something innocent especially facebook pictures or comment but if the other replies with something they determine is not right, how easy it is for them to get ticked off fast. it happened again and it just reminded me of how easy this can happen.

so I think here I have some pretty special people who have my back. (((HUGS)))

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Joy, I agree with all that has posted before. I also know you are such a caring little lady and I grin some days when I think of the day you and I were talking on the tele and the Mr. was ready to go and he wanted to go Right Then!! lol I always smile at how strong you are so stop fretting over doing things wrong. You are a very special lady, BELIEVE ME! Love you, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

yes I do win a few when it comes to hubby. I am with you on the wanting to phone people. I say well today and then wait until the hours are so different and it will be just too late. and my ears have been giving me fits with their crazy noises. something all the time. they even hurt but have I give up and went to doctor, no. seems like hubby has something everyday. I do to - it's called sit in recliner I guess and catnap. not going to give up, I will try again one of these days and surprise...

Donna lost close to 340 pounds and had to be put in hospital. No magnesium to speak of and all sorts of other things going wrong with her. I have forgotten the last horrible thing it was but do remember they said that it was worse than the cancer!

she hs neuropathy as well due to all the chemotherapy. I went to the hospital last week to see her and have sorta stuck my head uner my arm hopint to make all of her problems disappear. I am so sick of all the worrying, I do not handle it as well as I use to. it just about makes me ill aND WEEPY ALL THE TIME. so I cannot imagine how bad donna feels. I went laszt Thursday with the intention of staying all night or however long she wanted me to. brave womqansaid she had vbbeen sendimg her husband home for the rest.

just like her to worry about others even as bad as she is. just keep her in prayers she has been unbeliedvably strong and straightforward.

Jeannie and everyone else who helped with comforting words well you all are appreciated. I did get to see Donna two times this past week. the first time she looked so bad I knew things were happening fast now. the doctors weresaying one wee she might havbe 6 months, then the next week or so it was probably 6 months. from first vist in this month I knew it would not be the maybe 2 weeks. I did get to see her two more times but she was in so much pain and in drugged state I am not sure she even knew who was there. her sister and mother lived next toor aand her brother had made it in and some more of family.

she passed away quietly Sunday evening. funeral will be saturdaymorning. her suffering is over.
    I am so glad that I didf get a chance all those years ago to meet her and continue a friendship all these years. she will be missed by many.

I'm sorry, Joy. It's hard.
    A friend of mine from high school just passed away last week, also, from a long battle with cancer. I just don't understand.

Stupid cancer!!!!!!

Joy, I'm so sorry to hear about Donna. I'm glad you got to see her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast