Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donna

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

joy ,

yes, i'm glad you did get to see donna a few more times.

donna fought for 5 years...what a wonderful spirit she had to live. i'm sure she eventually knew when she couldn't fight anymore. she had a great family close to her and wonderful friends, like you, who would do things with her and be there for her.

donna is at peace...it is the living we comfort when a loved one dies. i offer prayers to her family and (((hugs))) to you joy. you are all experiencing this loss and grieving.

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

joy ,

i hope donna had a nice funeral service and that a lot of people came. most people don't come to funerals anymore, they just visit the family at the funeral home. i remember my mil's funeral, already 3 years ago. only me, my hubby and our son and youngest daughter were there. i really am not angry, just sad that my ex didn't have more support. i know you will be a support for donna's hubby. does she have children? how old was she? i hope i'm not being nosy, i just care.

jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 04-15-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member

Joy, I just want give you a hug.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Dear Joy, my heart is aching for you. I know you did everything you could do for Donna. I know it is hard for you , but try to remember all the good times you 2 had together.

Joy, you have a heart of gold. I miss you here and I'm sure many others do too. Please know my love and prayers are with you and Donna's family.

I have been away for awhile so I just saw this. I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner. I also saw that Bob Snodgrass had passed on. Those of us that got to know Bob will miss him greatly. He had such a good sense of humor and every time we talked we both ended up laughing

I will miss you dear Bob. Julia
    Last edited by Jo6; 05-26-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

thanks to you all. most all of Donnas family was at her funeral...she was buried at the same graveyard as her loved ones already passed on were. just right next door to her house. her mother could not make it but most all went back to her sisters house. they were just next door to each other, her sister and her mother and her and kevin were just right next door past the storage buildings.

also thanks for the hugs. I have had some stuff going on myself and just kind of want to put it out of my mind. I will make sure to deal with it after the warm sunshine and summer leaves. if my problems get me in an uproar, well yes I will go back in before. I think everyone knows of my\ determination each summer to get to lake. well I have made it once now. hubby backen into me while I was standing in the lake holding onto the jet ski. yep he did, and for a minute there I was so afraind I was going to get to tell everyone that he also backed over me as well. but wheew, he noticed before that happened. I have some really sore places b ut can move around pretty good for what all happened to me.

I have been thinking about everyone wondering what each of you were up too. I picture Jeannie working on her lovely flowers and have been hopong jo was not at the doctors so much. I have been all I care to so far this year and it no fun even if you have a brand new hospital like we do here.

ghoing to go for now and hopefully get back soon. has anyone heard from pati?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12