Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: missing people

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

well Joy, you just reminded me to stop having such a long pity party. Besides, they aren't fun any way! I'm stuck in the house again, see the speech therapist, and physical therapist and the . oh happy day! I'm still alive though. After taking all those high powered anti-botics they finally got enough of my blood to discover the meds. was the wrong meds. to get rid of the pneumonia I had! Soooooooooooooooo, here goes I don't know how many more meds. before they find the right one.

Also vit. b-12 was very low, another bottle to keep up with. called Sunday morning, said she was not on duty, but told Ken to call her answering service and tell them to call HER! She wanted the meds. called in RIGHT THEN and told Ken to get it and start me on it pronto. I am beginning to think I might be dying.

Oh well, Many are worse off than I am and I think about Joy's friend Donna and all the others that come here. Jan is a real trooper, her problems and Hanks also.

I'm sorry for whining so today. I'm just thankful for all my blessings.

My love to all my BT jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

oh so sorry I missed you today jo. I have been busy watching tv, lol well might as well say that. the tv has been on most all time but I have been asleep in the recliner in front of it. still sitting upright at times all through the night as well.

and when I try to go to bed sensibly like tonight, a darned FLY bothers the heck outta me. nothing like an annoying thing touching the very few places I still can feel anything to annoy me. I hit at it just now and the spray hubby went and got and smelled up the bedroom with has slowed that darned fly down some so I almost killed it. and again. I think I might as well stay in here until I CAN kill the monster.

Julia I am sorry you have been so bad and pneumonia on top of it all not good at all. You mentioned dying, well no this is not a funny subject at all now is it? I often think of dear Phyllis and her worries and I know I would kind of chide her and say most everybody at about age 40 did in fact start to realize that their demise was closer and dwell on that thought some. but for poor Phyllis, she had more wrong with her I guess than I knew. and I knew she had it pretty bad in a lot of ways. I kinda thought of suggesting a forum or something after her but I know she will not be forgotten even if that does not happen.

my breathing has bothered me some and I can only imagine how bad your breathing must be with your having copd. right? you do have copd or am I thinking of someone else. I have been thinking of everyone here and hoping that non or us are too sick. just hoping for the best. and before we know it it will be a new year upon us. I will try to get back sonner this time.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

thank you for reminding me to stop whining my dear Daily Joy! Cloud z, I don't have much to say either. It has been long hospital stay for me since around Christmas. It could be much worse though. I'm just very thankful to be able to walk, but still can hardly talk above a whisper. I can not bear to even think about having to go back. Between the screw ups with Meds. at hospital and Drs. it scares me to death to even think about going back!

Glad you have a new TV Joy. the big screens are nice though. I go to sleep every time I try to watch anything if its long . lol

Everybody take care, love you, Julia
    Last edited by Jo6; 11-06-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

well I do worry about you jo because I know that you do have big health issues. I did not mean to chide you because you have every right to tell it how it is with your health!! not good really is more than close enough to the truth you take care of yourself the best you can, ok? I cannot begin to tell how much braintalk people mean to me.

here is hoping this winter is not a bad one. I dread all the cold and all that goes with it. it is raining today. blah not my favorite kind of day.

Actually, dear ones, I love rainy days. They're easier on my eyes and therefore easier on my headaches. They are nice for bunking in with my blankets, tea, TV and books...and cuddling with my dear birds.

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not much anything new here either clouds but it sure is nice to know yet another person from braintalk is above ground and not under it. not funny I know but I got a shock this summer when I learned just how fast some things can go wrong. zapped me and was in hospital before I even knew what was going on. that was cellulitis for me. I am sure glad it (so far) does not recur as often as it use to when I was outside a lot and mowing yards, cleaning out garages and such stuff as that.

the bad part of all this is now I am stuck in house with a mess etc. but I am grateful at least that for the most part I can stand up and walk. I know there are many who cannot so I try and remind myself to not have a pity party. So clouds, keep popping in and saying those few words to us like you did this time.

I agree me being one of those buried underground for so long. Nice to see that a lot of you are still around. It is very nice to be back.

yay another good day as here are more bt friends, marion back and labella. labella you have been missing (or not here, lol) for some time now. and so that means you need to update us on girls and you and everything. only if you have time and feel like it. it is just good hearing that you are still one od us even if occasional.
    I question my mind these days because I am afraid if I do not see a name or such, I fear that I might lose identity forf awhile like I did one time with dear liz. that shamed me something awful and I felt like I should explain to her but say what, i'm losing it as I age. dud. it is happening and faster than I like.

Pati I did call your or hm I mean house number about 2 weeks ago and left a voice message. and as I was doing it, I thought, oh heck I doubt if pati will even know this if she never listens to caLLS ON HM PHONE. AND HE PROBABLY WILL JUST THINK WHO IS THIS AND DELETE. IF I CALL AGAIN I HOPE TO CALL YOUR CELL NUMBER. I HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK AND I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU A LOT. OOPS I TOOK THEE CAPS OFF TWICE AND DRAT DID IT AGAIN.
    Last edited by joy; 11-07-2013 at 08:24 PM.

glad youre ok now

what is cellutiltus?

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not much anything new here either clouds but it sure is nice to know yet another person from braintalk is above ground and not under it. not funny I know but I got a shock this summer when I learned just how fast some things can go wrong. zapped me and was in hospital before I even knew what was going on. that was cellulitis for me. I am sure glad it (so far) does not recur as often as it use to when I was outside a lot and mowing yards, cleaning out garages and such stuff as that.

the bad part of all this is now I am stuck in house with a mess etc. but I am grateful at least that for the most part I can stand up and walk. I know there are many who cannot so I try and remind myself to not have a pity party. So clouds, keep popping in and saying those few words to us like you did this time.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

beats me and I have had it numerous times. infection of cells I guess. this last time was wort I have ever had and it has left my right leg, the one that it was worst on, well my leg looks awful it is still sorta reddesh and has blackish places all over it. large places and I believe it is going to stay that way.

looks does not matter tho but it will make it harder to detect if there is a next time. I try to be as careful as I can but I still get infections at foot level and it can spread. years ago when I would get cellulitis I would think, oh yes I washed out garage and was barefoot or did something in yard and got into neighbos yard (they were famous for letting their ceptic tank overflow yuk. but I was just guessing even then.

next time I go to doctor I am asking about why skin turned colors.

I've been here. Just lurking. not much going on.

Jo, you can have a pitty party as long as you want.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast