Thread: Well, I'm back again...

New Community Member

Default Well, I'm back again...

Hey you guys, love the new look. Missed you ? Been creeping on me for the past few days and BANG !! Here it is. I HATE it. Its like giving birth, you forget it once it goes away, but when it starts you feel every second of the millisecond happening to you. Been planning a major trip to the US for the past half a year and flight takes off Sept. 14th. Will it go away by then?????????????

New Community Member

Hi! YES, it'll go away, it has too! Where are you visiting? Keep us posted...! S.

New Community Member

Stephanie, I follow you on facebook and see your beautiful family and animals and plants. You are a real "mother earth"! I work so many hours, its hard for me to keep in touch. Anyway, I'll be 50 :ambivalence: in November and I decided it was time to take a visit to my former home. I was born in California, Los Angleles actually and we left when I was 8. So anyways, we will start our trip in Las Vegas (husband insisted) - we agreed on a 100 $ loss, from there to Yosemitie and Napa Valley, San Francisco, down route 1 to LA and back home. total of about 3 weeks. So, last thing I need is a major attack. About 5 years ago I took a trip and got a real biggie. It wasn't pleasant at all (all my pictures I'm wincing).....
    I have upped my meds (Trileptal) and am a little dizzy and sleepy. How are things for you? Do you still get Botox shot?

Hi Toothache,

Great to see you too!
    Your planned trip sounds wonderful! Great way to celebrate your birthday!
    I do hope that you will be painfree. Let us know how you go on?
    How much Trileptal are you on?

Take care,

Anne

New Community Member

Hi Anne,
    Right now I'm on 900 mgs which is the max I can tolurate. Does anybody know if braintalk has an android app? I'd like to know I'm close to you when I'm travelling.

Hi Toothache,

Is the 900 mg working ok for you? Does that reduce the pain enough for you to carry on with things as normal?
    With regards to the android app: I haven't got a clue!

Take care,

Anne

New Community Member

Until about two months ago, for more than a year, I was on 300 mgs which was enough - even tried to take half but that was the limit. 900 right now hardly covers it. I also need to take it three time a day, if I take for example, two at once in the morning it doesn't last till noon. I'm doing my best to stay calm and think positively. When the pain is bearable for a long period, I forget about this damm thing. But when it return I'm afraid that it will only be worse. I have tried all other alternatives, and tegretol/trileptal is the only thing that works for me.
    I read what I wrote and I would like to stress that life is good and it can always be worse. I believe it will be OK.