how to use DVD burner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to use DVD burner?

I just got something called "Express Burn" for my mac so I can make DVDs of my films when I need to (My films can be viewed online here: cripvideoproductions.tumblr.com) Anyway, is there anybody on this forum that can explain the basics of burning DVDs to me? I have never used a DVD burner before. Do I put the blank disc in and then make the project or will it ask me to insert a disc when it is time to burn the project?? If I want to burn an mov file to video DVD what do I do?? I have no idea what I'm doing here but once I get the basics this software looks pretty easy.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Not familiar with "Express Burn" so I had to Google it. It's a pretty standard program so it should be quite easy to do once you've done it a couple of times.

You can put in a blank DVD first, or you can wait until it tells you to insert one.
    When you burn a .mov to DVD the program should convert it to the proper DVD format before doing the burn.

So the basic steps are:

Fire up program
    Find file to burn to DVD
    Drag file (or select it depending on how you "found" it) into Express Burn
    It should automatically ask you if you want to burn it to DVD, select yes.
    If it doesn't auto start, click the burn button (or click file -> burn or something similar)
    Wait for it to convert the file (should do this automatically ... if an options window opens just leave everything as default).
    After converting it should either start to burn the file, or ask you if you want to burn it.
    When it's done typically it will eject the DVD from the drive (there is an option to turn that off ... somewhere).
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Thank you! It worked just like you said. Except for one thing, the disc was ejected and it said "Not finished verifying burn" so I popped the disc back in as instructed and the DVD plays normally and everything. I wonder why did the disc ejected before it was finished??
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Originally posted by funnylegs4 View Post
        Thank you! It worked just like you said. Except for one thing, the disc was ejected and it said "Not finished verifying burn" so I popped the disc back in as instructed and the DVD plays normally and everything. I wonder why did the disc ejected before it was finished??
        There is an option to verify the burn and if it's not checked it might give you that warning. I would check under "settings" or "burn" or "options" to see if you can find it. There are other people with a similar issue where the program says it failed to verify the burn, but since the disc works correctly there is no follow up :(
        Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
        Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
        Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
        Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
        Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
        Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Ok so I'm having DVD burn problems again. My old computer I burned from no longer works so I brought a new external burner. It worked beautifully then I updated to MacOS High Sierra from Sierra and then lost my USB, tried to buy another burner USB which was unsuccessful, then randomly found the USB again LOL. I tried to burn using a blank DVD I borrowed from someone else and got the "verify disc failed" error again. Any idea why this is happening? Is the blank DVD damaged? Is the USB damaged? Is the burner damaged? Can burning more than 2 discs within a few hours be causing an error? Can I burn a disc without verifying it and have it work in a regular DVD player?? Help????

Comment

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Originally posted by clouds z View Post
              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
              This looks like its windows only. I'v been using Disk Utility on Mac to Burn. Do they have a Mac version?

Comment

Working...
              X