Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could This Be The MS hug?

Distinguished Community Member

About the time of moving 3 years ago I would have pain across my back (just below the shoulders) several times. I do have a bad back. The last time it included the chest area. Freaked out a bit. Took a couple aspirins. Went to the emergency at the clinic, given some pills. But getting into a doctor proved more difficult than I thought. DH's cousins who were nurses pulled a couple of strings and I got an appt with a cardiologist who worked in their hospital. That test that involves radiation (can't remember the name) indicated that the blood had difficulty going through the heart.

I know that there is a blood test to check for enzymes. Both my mom and a cousin had it. But for some reason they apparently don't do it here. I wasn't given a blood test at the time of the episode. My DH was when he had his scare. I don't know the blood test needed.

To date I'm not 100% sure I had HA or if it was coincidence.

good god, finally returned to brain talk to say thanks to all who shared knowledge re tecfidera (p.s. decided to return to avonex with its tried and true history)

so i log on immediately and happen on this thread -- having just had an MS hug -- but also specific involvement in chest -- had major hug in and numbness of all arm -- went to urgent care dept. and wheeled over to ER -- it felt like a medieval laying on of stones to confirm witch determination -- pardon the denial and poor humor -- spent 3 days in ICU and given every possible cardiac exam -- my diagnosing doc didn't need me to finish story -- telling me that it was my first attack -- [emergeny staff apparently had not take Neurology 101] -- thus i learned about the MS "hug" -- thoracic lesions acting up --

so i'm a bit less panicked at the moment -- but scared to get up -- yes, a bit shaken up and frightened --

all this while dealing with serious vertigo bouts --

other than this, i'm as fit as a fiddle --

fiddlingly yours,
    agent 107

p.s. glad you're all well, sally!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12