You’re being followed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re being followed

Windows Secrets aka LangaList has published a very informative article on web browsing that I encourage all of you to read.

Originally posted by Windows Secrets
    Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean you’re not being watched.

When you’re on the Internet, there are good reasons to have that eerie sense of being followed.

And don’t think you have anonymity just because your service provider gives you a dynamic IP address. At a minimum, visited websites can tell what service provider you’re with and what city or region you are in.

What’s more, any communication with a Web server gives it the opportunity to deposit a cookie on your computer. Benign cookies — small text files downloaded through your browser — simply record information needed to make your Web experience better. That can include sign-in information, where you visited on the site, interface customizations, and the like. Most cookies also keep an identifier for each visitor, so that the next time you connect to a site’s server, it can match you up with its records of previous visits. That way, you won’t have to start from scratch whenever you go to the site.

Less benign cookies can let websites track your movements around the Internet, and they often collect more information than you really want to give.
    Article's source ... Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Yes - you are being watched, From the camera on the street, to the gps in your car , on your cellphone, to your internet, and telephone, yes they exist (secret rooms) for interceptions and I am not a paranoid. I have been in IT for over thirty years - all I can say.
    Be careful. try not to use social media as employers, a well a the government watch that too, Be careful.
    Blessings
    Skypilot

Comment

Working...
    X