Thread: Just saying Hi have not been on in such a long time a lot has happened I will explain

Default Just saying Hi have not been on in such a long time a lot has happened I will explain

Starting with the Good I got divorced 3 will be 4 yr's ago will be re-married 11/23/13 1 yr we have been together April will be 4 yr's so all has been good. He got me to stop smoking etc, I started walking 4 to 6 miles a day with a bad back and all was looking great. Then March this year some Jerk decided to run a stop sign and T-Bone me and totaled both his car and mine, he fractured my l3-4 and shoved the screw up into the faucet joint joint space where it is moving (from an old surgery) and rubbing every time I moved. Over the last 3 or 4 days it said enough and my sciatic (sp) said enough and is hurting big time and I can't pee no more do the other so they decided to put a foliey in for the week and send me home and I go and see the NS who is out of my network etc. Thank God I spent the last 3 weeks getting my primary to write a letter on my behalf and my NL to write one as well then I figured what the heck I followed suit and wrote a 2 page one and laid it all on the line and got really graphic with it and it worked, they told me mine was the best and it would had worked alone. So my HMO allowed me to use the same NS that I have been using for the past 6 yrs or so. This was a good day outside the darn foliey and the fact knowing I know have cauda equina syndrome or something like that which will more then likely land me in surgery tomorrow or the next day. I was already told that the next surgery could land me in a chair so I need your thoughts and prays for them to make the right decisions.

Hope everyone is doing well and trying to have a pain free day.

DD

I guess my old signature is gone, I had C3-C7 Corepectomey done with decompression. T11-T12 Syringomyelia shunt placement. L2-S1 Lamonectomeies, with L3-s1 fusions. Sorry for the spelling) over the past 10 years. Now I have several herniated disk in my thoracic and a lot has gone wrong with my lumbar again since the car accident.
    Last edited by Dcuster; 07-28-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Distinguished Community Member

Dcuster, sorry to hear about the car accident as it seemed like everything was going so well for you. It is good to have you back once again I just wish it wasn't for the new pain. I hope your surgeon can do a great job and get you back to where you were 6 months ago. Don't let the talk of being in a chair with this surgery as procedures have improved the past 6 years. I was also warned that I could be in a chair by now but I have avoided that even as the pain from thoracic and cervical herniations has increased.

Good luck with the surgery and the new marriage.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life