Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: They took the kids

Distinguished Community Member

i hope it all works out
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There never were any burns. They lied. Lots of photos and film has been taken by mom on her phone and she intends to use it. All events, papers, everything is kept.

no he actually never was mirandized Said they didnt have to down there This DFCS worker actually has a few blogs iabout her and how corrupt the system is. Her name is Maria Ryder if anyone cares to check it out. My son has asked me to stay out of it except for dealing with his lawyer and being a character witness if they let me. All I do is cry. It's even too hot to go out and keep busy in the yard.

as I think about this mirandized thing I am wondering if they didnt on purpose. They don't like this Maria Ryder either. B managed to show her up in front of her peers and she was not happy. She is the one who is pushing for this prosecution. J's lawyer was so mad when she found out he was arrested she left the courtroom to find out the charges and when she came back she told J that B has nothing to worry about. Now we wait for a court date. I keep annoying the clerk and calling to ask if they have even gotten a court date. They will send him notice in the mail. That could be forever. And now we are thinking that the father may not let her leave state with the children. Or how long B will have to stay after court. He is talking 4-6 months. That is too long, so much can happen in that time.

The father signed over all of his rights a long time ago, they were ready to turn the kids over to him if he had a stable home and job, he quickly decided that he didnt want them that much and changed his mind. From what I can tell in GA the parent that signed over all rights has no say but does have to be notified at least 10 days before the move.

so now I am in waiting mode. Seems everyday brings something new for them. They actually posted in a few newspapers his full name and exactly where he lives, 2 days before he was arrested!! A few comments that were not so nice so of course I had to put my 2 cents in.

Blog Entries

You can be arrested without being mirandized. You can not be questioned (after being arrested) without being mirandized. So if they asked him any questions other than (doesn't have to be exact wording) "do you understand these rights as I have read them to you?", then those questions and answers can not be lawfully admitted into court.

http://www.mirandawarning.org/whatar...ndarights.html

http://www.mirandarights.org/postarrestquestioning.html
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

chris ,

chris, i know this sounded and felt bad in the beginning, but i think there is some hope that this will come out well. your call to the investigator prolly helped.

be proud of b for wanting to handle this himself! he's been down there and living this, so he knows what is going on. honor b's wishes as to what he wants you to do. i know as a mom we all want to be there for our children when things are bad. remember though, we all have been in deep chit at times and have had to get ourselves out of it because our parents were unavailable to help us. i know that is how you build self-esteem and the feeling that you can take care of yourself and take control of your life! b's what? 20, 21? yes, i had bad things happen at that time in life and it made me a more competent adult. b will learn so much from this....i know, you wish it didn't have to be this particular way, but that is the challenge given him.

i'm praying that things turn out well. all this stuff takes time. it's going to be a beautiful cool week, chris. maybe you can go out and mow the back 40 .

all my love, caring and prayers,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

i think is true possibly-you maybe hear some politician was the one who voted for more social services and so people think great-but those services or a lot of it is inept workers taking away kids-i have heard the more cases they get, then the more money they get from the federal government
    Last edited by clouds z; 07-24-2013 at 02:03 AM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Chris))))))

I'm glad that J has a good lawyer, who is also looking out for B.

How frequently does the father see the kids? That would be a factor, I would guess, in how much clout he carried.

I can only imagine how stressful it is for you to not be there to help B. But you are doing everything you can from where you are, and that's all you can do. Waiting is so difficult. I hope you can find something to occupy and distract you.

Please remember to take care of yourself.

Prayers continuing ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

since this is my most recent post I will start here. Yes been gone long. Isolating to take care of some things.

B is no longer connected to the CPS case. J is in a new trailer, livable finally and is waiting for them to return her children to her.

B has criminal charges as listed below in the thread but the district attorney is trying for a plea bargain of 3 counts misdemeanor recklessness, each is $500 fine, 1 yr probation, supervised visits with the girls, and no contact with little. He is being charged based on the supposed burns which they have broken down into one for the abdomen and one for the legs then one for leaving him in the bath unattended for that half a minute which was a bit before little had his seizure. He had his lawyer give them a return plea but I don't know what was said yet.

IF
    he rejects it and tries taking it to trial I believe there will be no way that they can find him guilty thats why they are pushing for the plea. He can tie up the court with many on his side including nurses and pictures taken by the nurses. as for the burns they were nothing more than his skin was kind of red and blotchy as soon as he got to the hospital but disappeared not long after getting to the hospital. If found guilty he goes to prison for all three felony counts. He goes to court next week to either accept his plea or decide to go to trial and I am heartbroken that I cant afford to get down there. Costs $300 in gas alone and I would have to rent a car. Our new car is a whole nother story.

He finally has a job that he likes and is good at. Has already had a meeting with head honchos about moving him up. Who cares if it's Papa John's.

checking into each of my threads and updating for yous wonderful peeps

Chris, sorry all this has happened to you & your family! takes me right back in time to when my youngest son was arrested in Nebraska. it was a nightmare & unless someone has been pushed up against a wall they cannot know the agony a mother goes through to help her children!

it's good to hear from you Chris-have missed that alot. hope everything gets settled soon & B. comes back home. law is not always the answer & sometimes ya gotta do what YOU know is right.

I just can't believe that they are still after B. I'd be guilty of putting a child in water that's a little too warm for their bodies. Heck, sometimes my kids had little red butts.

Praying that everything turns out for B.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Christina, it is so good to hear from you. Have you ever thought how some things in our lives cross each other? If you get some time, think about it. I feel your pain, lil queenie! I wish I could just take it all away and give you some peace.

With all that I have been going thru I have never stopped thinking and praying for you and your little family. Just remember , you know where I am, and how to get here and you can call me any time. I stay hoarse most of the time these days, but I have a few good days here and there.

You take care of you first, that is the most important thing right now. That isn't being selfish , it's being good to your family too.

I love you and will write to you soon. ((((Christina))))
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast