Just too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just too much

the dog stretches out next to me to wake me and I roll over, away, so I can stay asleep but of course I've moved, the ruse is over and I get a nose lick. My brain immediately kicks into hyperdrive,

feed the dogs,
    kitchen floor needs sweeping,
    bedroom floor needs sweeping,
    how am I gonna get Brody's meds without a car
    SO working until close for the 4th day in a row, or is he,
    tree branches in the yard need taking care of, none of which was my doing
    kitchen needs cleaning,
    2 flowerbeds need cleaning out,
    that spot I missed while mowing in the back forty needs going over,
    should I work in the yard or in the house,
    stuff in the basement desperately needs washing,
    The trundle is still in the basement,
    utility bill needs paying,
    Three projects that im halfway through, should I work on these,
    something is eating holes in my veggies, they have to be treated,
    the carpet is disgusting and needs to be cleaned or ripped up,

So many more and these are before my feet have hit the floor. It's steady, I can't shut it off. So many different meds, a new psych, yet another bout of withdrawal that I'm am not making it through with any form of coping grace. I want to smash things, scream, pull out my hair. Another call to the doctor. The waiting game.

Chris, I'm glad that you called the doctor. That's one step in helping yourself. I don't have anxiety so I don't know how you are feeling. I'm not much help in that issue. (((HUGS)))
    Take care,
    Dawn

Comment

anxiety i know about it but it can be controled to some extent. i think when you can just sit down when it gets to bad, pain or whatever and let it slide, it just might help. but i will always have anxiety to deal with moreso than depression. for that i am thankful at least as i see it the lesser evil.

you do have a lot that on that list. my list have lessened a lot as i age and pain increased and kids grown up and out of house. except for visits reguraly from 8 year old and 13 yr. grandchildren. they can help if need be but i don't want to make them do too much, afterall i am grandmommy and they do chores at home.

added later to say MY anxiety
      Last edited by joy; 07-13-2013, 11:30 PM. Reason: to add something

Comment

s Christina
        Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
        Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
        Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
        Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
        Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
        Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

((((((Chris))))))

Would it help to make a list of all of these things and put it up somewhere (like on the fridge or a wall you walk past frequently), so that you can cross things off of the list? That could give you the satisfaction of knowing it's Ta Done! instead of To Do.

Would it help to set goals every day to finish, say, 4 things on that list? You can't do it all in one day, but you need to start somewhere, so you can whittle down the list. If you can cross off 4 things a day, you'll be on the road to having a much smaller list.

What absolutely, positively HAS TO BE ... MUST BE done? Do that first, and fit in whatever you can after that.

Be sure to include on your list: Making Time for Chris. Time to do whatever you want to do or need to do to relax and take a break.

When you start feeling overwhelmed, try to remind yourself that you're only one person, who can only do so much, and that in the Big Picture, that spot in the back 40 that you missed isn't really important. It will be just fine until the next time you mow. You can go over it twice then!

I hope some of my ideas are helpful to you. I do understand anxiety and being overwhelmed by too much to do, and these are the tools I use to help me cope.

Thinking of you and sending you positive energy and strength ~

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

chris ,

i know about anxiety. has your doc put you on new antidepressants? here is a great page of all the antidepressants. read up on the ones that seemed to work for you and the ones that didn't and see if any categories contain more than one of them Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... it seemed you were doing okay until the new meds, right? i had the most probs weaning off from antidepressants.

what happened to the list that you were following, i think it was a daily list and had maybe short term and long term goals? i have the same problem in the summer...so much to do, where do i work? if it's really hot, i don't work outside until after 6pm. if it's raining i work inside. days like today, i just avoid the sun from 10am-2pm, otherwise, i am out from 3 until 5, then i eat dinner, then i go outside until dark.

how's the weight loss program going? i see your comment about the SO. what can i say besides i remember what you said that one time about what you saw in your future.

chris, you know i always push myself beyond tiredness sometimes and maybe that's part of my ocd. but, i do have to keep in mind my limitations. i do not drive. i never will. have you ever thought about your limitations, what things you will prolly not be able to do? circumstances are always changing, so maybe don't think never, but "not for the foreseeable future."

gf, i offer you my support at this time. you have so much going on. i hope this thing with b and the kids is resolved today. whatever happens though, you have to make sure chris is okay. you're taking on so many things, maybe it's just too much right now. and i know you're prolly thinking about mom around now, too.

...jeannie
            Last edited by tic chick; 07-15-2013, 05:21 AM.
            WE ARE BT!
            "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
            "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
            "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

[B]Chris, it's always so nice to hear from you! sorry for ALL your problems though. hope begin to wwork for you. well obviously I cannot type worth a hoot. just know I care & here's a (((hug)))

Comment

my new doc has added a great lot of meds to my repertoire. I now am up to one 300mg Neurotin and a full milligram of klonopin in the a.m. and then 600 mg of neurontin and 2 mg of Klonopin and 40 mg of Latuda which I hadnt heard of but it seems to take the edge off of my anxiety. The pain in my legs has lessened and my mood is better except for family stuff. Doc says the neurontin helps me get that stage 4 sleep that everyone needs. I do feel better on waking.

Finally took my Genome test. I will get the results next month. Guess it takes like a whole half hour for this to be explained to me.

there is a lot going on with me right now. I'll get to it.

Comment

houghchrist - I suffer from Generalized anxiety disorder and have to use meds. to control it - so I know the feeling of having your mind race the moment you wake up with all the things you have to get done. or want to anyway. I try to set down ( I Make a list ) of the three most important things I have to get done that day. when I finish those things, If I am able (sometimes I don't) I may take on something else. I know everyone is different - try to prioritize - If I put too much on the plate, a lot of the time - nothing will get done - such is the nature of the beast. I wish you the very best and hope things get better for you. I am glad to hear you are doing well on the gabapentin.
                  Blessings
                  Alex44
                  Skypilot

PS - good to see you posting here - I have missed everyone from other forums.
                  A.

Comment

hey chris !

nice to see a post from you!

i never heard of latuda, i'll have to check it out .

well, i'm glad that even though you said you're on a lot of meds that at least you are experiencing relief from them. nothing like taking a lot of meds and having them do chit for you! and i was so happy to see that you got on your bike and rode around the block! it really is a pain riding in the cold, i'm winding down on my bike riding now. i like to walk in the winter, it's always easier to take off layers as you get warmer during a winter walk than a summer walk . i hope you get some friends to ride with you. maybe there is a path through those woods around you that you can ride that would protect you from the elements?

i didn't know you were doing a genome test? interesting.

i hope we see back here more in the colder months!

love ya gf ,
                    jeannie
                    WE ARE BT!
                    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
                    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
                    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Working...
                    X