Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Reinventing one's life without a longtime spouse or partner is very hard business.

I fell out of my wheelchair today- buck naked, of course- and unable to move.

Lifeline brought EMTs through the living room window.
    I got a shirt on, the cat hid, a dear friend actually got a call.
    Nothing broken but it sure would have been nice to have Mr Significant nearby.

Dear friend stayed with me a bit.
    We laughed, we cried and we hugged.
    I stayed home to wait for delayed symptoms of breakage.
    Zip.

I you can't have your partner there, it sure helps to have
    even a few good friends to share lives with.

The band name, "Bare Naked Ladies " kept going through my head
    as well as the Beatle song that starts "She (he?)came in through the bathroom window..."

Ahhhh.
    Take care of yourselves, peeps.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

renee, too bad you had a dramatic episode. At least it sounds as if you weren't injured. And that's a big plus. Nice that the cat didn't go out the door too, come to think of it.

Gabriella, Jeanie and Virginia, I think that time does its work but very slowly when we've lost someone so important to us. The horror and grief have a way of fading into the background or at least they don't stay uppermost in our minds, and one day we realize we're finding some things to smile and even laugh about again.
    Last edited by agate; 07-26-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Renee!!! So glad you didn't hurt anything but your pride.
    Glad the police didn't come. you'd have been arrested.

Gabriella, so sorry for the sorrow and lonelyness you are
    feeling. I pray that things get better for you soon..(((((hugs)))))
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 07-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Renee, sorry about your fall. Now that would upset me. Yes, it is nice to have a friend. I have a couple, but not any that I think would come in circumstances such as that. However, I could be wrong. I have had more friends than I knew I had these past couple of months.

I am so glad you were not hurt and I am glad you have life/alert.
    Last edited by Virginia; 07-26-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Are you OK Renee.?.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. I got my first dust mite allergy shot on Tuesday and gave myself the second one today. They are every third day and go up each time by 0.05 ml. So far no site reactions but no change in my coughing yet.

Renee I am glad you did not hurt yourself falling. I do no think I am able to get up off the floor without help. Luckily both my sons have cell phones so I would only have to stay on the floor until one of them could come over. Cherie your side effects do not sound good.

All the coughing has caused me to have to wear pads all the time as sometimes I cough so hard I leak. I hate cooking every night. All 4 mango trees are full of fruit. I have eaten a few, given away some and have more to cut up and put in the freezer.

My son came again this morning and mopped my whole house. I am really grateful that both sons have been so helpful. Please keep me in your prayers. You are all in my prayers. ((((Hugs)))) Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I have checked in and, as I read all that all of you are going through, it is hard to fathom how some of you are coping. I am so sorry and wish there was something I could say or do to help but Renee...(you do have a flair for the amazingly incredible!) sorry that happened. Glad you are essentially OK. Virginia...I just cannot imagine coping with that kind of emotional pain. Jeanie...sorry about your Mom's friend and the house and the estate and the allergies.

Did a whirlwind trip back to Upstate last weekend to take Dad to the Oncologist Tuesday. His PSA has been steadily rising since February (my last trip) and his scans last week confirm that the cancer is once again active and spreading and growing. Plus he has been having an increase in cognitive decline (early to moderate Alzheimer's) with occasional horrendous mood swings and personality shifts. Mom is barely coping. Sister Tricia (his Health Care Proxy) has been ill for over a year with still undiagnosed rheumatologic problems and is recovering from surgery to remove a kidney cancer they discovered while trying to find out why so much joint swelling and pain. Lots of family illness ongoing. Probably will have to spend the week there in three weeks when the next oncology visit is taking place.

Started Tecfidera a few weeks ago and I have to say, it is the most difficult DMT I have ever tried. Side effects are awful compared to any of the injectables. However, as I finish out the third week they are tapering off. I would not, at this point, encourage anyone to try it but will stick with it for at least another month in hopes that the side effects taper even more.

We had a couple weeks of horrendous heat and humidity with temps hitting 100 plus 5 days in a little over a week and a half of 90+ temps. Highly unusual for coastal southern New England. The past couple of days have seen a delightful change in climate with rain and temps in the low to mid 60's. ahhhh..... I appreciate it.

Newport Folk Festival starts today. David will likely end up kayaking to the center stage water side tomorrow and Sunday. Free and as good a seat as any of much higher cost. Had a great few hours with older 2 grandsons this afternoon and evening.

I'm ok.
    The next day I drove 3 1/2 hours to see my youngest bro.
    It was a 24 hour visit. We had dinner at 7:30 pm and stopped talking
    @ 3 a.m. He went to work at 8:30.
    We ate more BBQ ribs. I headed north at 8 pm.
    He's one of my best friends.

Things I learned from my bro:
    1. Mick Jagger uses dental floss three times before throwing it out. ECCCHHH.
    2. Airplanes need to fly into the wind for take off and landing
    3. EMTs see really, really horrible things and a little nudity does not merit embarrassment

Good night and thanks for all your concern.

Newport folk fest in a sea kayak- how beautiful.
    I am sooooo jealous.

Distinguished Community Member

My thoughts are with everybody trying the new medications and experiencing all the side effects. Sorry about your fall, Renee. I have a close friend with MS who has started falling more frequently. I finally went back to the urologist for a recheck and I still have an infection. This has been why I have been feeling so lousy. He asked me if I knew why I passed out on Mother's day as he didn't see any reason for it. I'm taking Nitrofuraton until Wednesday when the culture will hopefully be back and we will know what antibiotic will be best to treat the infection.

I had to take Hydrocodone today as I couldn't stand the pain any longer. I find it strange that the Gabapenten doesn't work for me and the only drug that does work is Hydrocodone and it is beginning to get harder for getting a new scrip. I guess the doctors are getting reviewed more often when they write these scrips. Our newspaper has a full page ad concerning treatment for neuropathy and I plan to call to see what the treatment is Monday and will let you know if I go for treatment.

Still thinking about the re-invention of life. I went to a seminar at church this morning on spiritual warfare and have more questions than answers. Not certain I am in agreement with the presentators opinions but I will have a month to search for the answers. I was able to mention Joe without crying for the first time since he passed. I'm holding all of you close in prayer (((hugs))).

Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 07-27-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Spiritual warfare. Big topic.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast