Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How's about a "Summer 2012" thread?

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Next Saturday a family picnic at my brother's "up nort" place It's on the Menominee River so you know there will be kayaking, food 'n fun. My sister, V and I am planning to start a Polish Poker game. It's a card game played with dice.... It gets kind of rowdy. I think I will bring potato salad.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member

YUMMY sounding food - GOOD COMPANY AND LOTS OF FUN be safe and for sure, tell us all about it. cause i can get loads of entertainment just hearing about it.

I spoke to Hank on the phone today.......he sounds so confused..... One of my friends said that she will visit him this afternoon. I just read my tagline and I trust that it's true..........
    Last edited by JanM; 07-09-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

i think it is the best line a person can live by. friends are the best. nice to have and i am sure they want to help.

I visited with some long time friends this week. It was sure nice to reconnect in person. My high school friend has plans to spent the weekend here again and will go to the picnic with us. I also went to Mickey-Lu's for a burger. The place is really small and has a charcoal-fired grill to cook the meal. I worked there after graduating from high school. They don't even have a spot to make fries. And their malts are made with real ice cream. the "works" there is ketchup, pickles & onions, to get the spicy mustard you have to order, "Works +"; the sandwiches also come with a pat on butter, and yes it's real butter, it's in Wisconsin you know...!!!!
    My sisters are promising to take me to a place were the Prime Ribs are a small roast and they each get a couple of meals from what they take home. Bring 'er on...!

I met up with 2 brothers at the Moose Lodge and had burgers with them and their wives.. Came back to the cabin to get the trash to my sister's for tomorrow's pick-up. Tomorrow I'll get the potatoes and eggs cooked for the potato salad, I also put onions, celery, radishes cubed zuchini (sp?) in it. Plus mustard in the Miracle Whip. Good night to all & KNOW that you are BLESSED.

i never lived in fairhaven

-new place is ok i guess
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

I hit some rummage sales today. I found a new winter Packer jacket real cheap. I also have the potato salad made for tomorrow. Dusty has a date with my SIL's Lapso Apso (sp?) But I guess it's not really a date, as they are cousins

kissing cousins maybe, lol. i love dogs as most are so friendly. i am still missing my dog but trying my best to not get another one.

What a great weekend! The family picnic was a fun day. Only 4 of us went kayaking. As I was about to get out of the kayak it tipped to the side and half of me got soaked while my left side was dry. Later in the day Five of us started to play Polish Poker, of course, it gets a tad rowdy as the game goes on.
    On Sunday I helped my sister, K at a local store's employee picnic. She is an EMT and the store donates to the squad for the squad members working the picnic. The Rescue Squad
    here is an all volunteer group and is, I think, the oldest volunteer Rescue Squad.
    Today I have to pick up some bug spray.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast