Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!!!!!

Hi everyone!!!!!!

Soooo as you know, my surgery went well....thankyou SO much to Trace for letting you know I was ok.

My surgery was 100% successful with total occlusion of my annie. My NS used a new type of clip, so only needed to use 2 to clip my annie. As Trace said, he is truly a miracle worker!!

I feel great. Relieved of course that it all went ok, and the pain in minimal - just a slight headache. I also have the typical jaw pain, but it isn't as bad as I thought it may be...and I am losing my hair....so far about 1/3 has fallen out in the past few days... I know this is normal reaction to brain surgery. Lucky I have mountains of hair!! hehehe. My swelling is already going down and the bruising isn't too bad. The bruising is actually worse where they had main lines into my carotid artery in my neck and another main line in my wrist, plus the various holes made for the different canulas they had in, plus the one in the femoral artery for the angiogram after surgery.

I am resting at my parents home for about another week, until I can fly home - I'm about 1200km from home. I will have a CT scan Monday or Tuesday week to check that there is no air left in the head cavity before I can fly.

I'm pretty tired, so I will leave it there for now.

Thankyou SOOOOOOOO much to all of you for all your love and support. I could feel you with me through this - particularly when I first woke up in ICU - it was very tangible energy coming from you - probably becasue of the time differences...

Love and hugs to you all,

Nat xx
    sigpicTo see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Way to go Nat.I am so happy that everything went well for you and you are recovering so nicely.As i logged in this morning i was hoping you had posted something here on BT.It makes all of us here, feel better to know that eveything went well and your doing good.Your hair thats ok, it shall grow back.Trace was very wonderful in letting us know how things were going with you.The headaches will go away.Just rememeber as you all tolded me when i first came to BT, that during the recovery process keep it slow, keep it simple,take it easy and get plenty of rest. (See even as an old guy i rememeber the process to getting better,,,smiling!!)It won't be long now that the Aussie Angel will be on her way to living life without having to worry about that damn annie restricting her.Look at this Nat i even posted all of this without using all CAPITAL letters.LMAO.Well good luck to the lady with the awesome ,caring attitude.
    Jiimmy C

Comment

Wow that is good news :)
      Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
      Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
      Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
      Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
      Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
      Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
      Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Nat,
        We celebrate...woot woot , so happy you are doing so well. This way of doing this surgery should be brought to the USA !!!
        It was a long wait for you honey , but now its all about the recovery and getting back to living and inspiring. Your wonderful smile and outlook on life has given so many of us the courage and support we needed when facing our own surgeries. Hair will grow back for you honey and in the mean time ...there are lovely wigs. Please let us know how your CT scan goes and hopefully it will be clear and your can fly back home. You are so dear to us ...and we are so Happy to see you post , (((hugs))) Ging

Comment

natalie ,

it's so wonderful seeing you post here just 5 days after surgery! truly your doctors were great and so is your indomitable spirit!

it's great you can be with mom and dad, surrounded with care while you recuperate and of course you are still in our caring thoughts.

yes, take it easy, listen to your docs and pretty soon this will only be a happy story to tell to inspire and help others facing a similar situation.

blessings on you nat,
          jeannie
          WE ARE BT!
          "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
          "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
          "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Nat, so happy to hear from you and glad to hear you are coming along! So awesome that you have had this fixed and can put it all behind you and live your life. Take care of yourself and get your rest.
            Shelly
            Shelly

Comment

You did it Nat!!!

You certainly did and I am so very happy for you!

I am certain too that you have made some sort of history with the success of treating such a large & complicated Ane!
              Huge Kudo's to your Surgeon and all who helped you.

It is amazing how well you feel too and how wonderful that is.

Please give us an update as time has gone by since you posted. I would love to hear how well you are healing.

My best to you in your recovery! Welcome to the other side of Ane's - recovery!

You have been so brave!
              sigpic Tropical Trish
              7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
              One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Comment

Hi everyone!!

Thankyou sooooo much for all your well wishes and support, it is so much appreciated!

I haven't been online much, I am sleeping alot of the time. The fatigue has surprised me with just how bad it is. I'm also losing hair...it has been coming out in clumps for the past few weeks...lucky I have masses of the stuff! ;)

It is 3 weeks today since my surgery, and I am finally allowed to fly home! Yay!! So I head home tomorrow night! I have had to wait until all the air dissipated from the subarachnoid area. I still have 2 pockets of air in the extradural space, or did last week when I had the CT. I am hoping that has gone now too.

I am healing well - slow and steady. As is normal, the headaches and jaw pain are there, and I am a little wobbly with my balance at times, but I am just so grateful that I came out of this intact. Everything else will heal in time.

I also just received my uni results for this past semester...I had my final exams in the days just before my operation...I got 2 Distinctions and a Pass!! I am so proud of myself! :)

I hope everyone is doing well.

Love and hugs,

Nat xx
                Last edited by Beachgirl; 07-08-2013, 06:36 PM.
                sigpicTo see a world in a grain of sand,
                And a heaven in a wild flower,
                Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Comment

Yay you get to go home That is good news, so are your uni scores well done
                  Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                  Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                  Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                  Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                  Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                  Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                  Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Nat
                    Glad to see you post an update.We all know that going to your own home is awesome.The hair shall grow back, the headaches will ease over time.I am just so happy that everything went so well for you..you deserve it.Your uni scores are no surprise to us ,we all know your brillant.Take great care of yourself ,as you said "slow and steady".

Jimmy C

Comment

Such great reports Nat! So glad you'll be able to go home. Hope the flight goes smoothly and there is not too much pressure. I am following your recovery closely as I'm thinking of having clipping down on my other annie over the winter (God willing!). I hadn't heard about jaw pain, so that's new.

I know none of us really have to tell you to take it easy and rest, but..well...take it easy and rest! LOL Prayers have been answered.

Heidi
                      Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

Comment

Home Home Home..................Home!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh your very own bed to rest and recover in Mz Nat! :) Nothing like being home even though I am sure your family smothered you with love and care.

I am hoping your trip was uneventful and that it didn't tire you out - although I quite imagine it did. Rest and more rest is what's needed EVEN if you do get bored!
                        Boredom is good! Means you are resting. So if you arn't bored you are NOT resting! I can just see you itchin to get back to things!

Rest Nat - drink lots - elevate your bed - make a nest like we all do or have done and just zone with small walkabouts. Yes I am bossy!

Congrats on passing all your courses with flying colours too! I know how hard you applied yourself. Congrats!

Keep us updated on how you are doing Nat - we all care and so many who have yet to have a procedure will learn so much from your observations.

A big but gentle hug from me!
                        Last edited by TropicalTrish; 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM.
                        sigpic Tropical Trish
                        7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
                        One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                        X