Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy -- but think i saw only one visitor online now (me) -- is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me crazy -- but think i saw only one visitor online now (me) -- is this true?

greetings all,

i've recently gained so much from this forum -- correct me i I'm wrong -- but i see i'm the only one online now -- it is such a busy list -- thoughts?

agent107

We have not recovered from Mr. Lester's mismanagement of BrainTalk from 2004-2007 or 2008 ish. The 3+ month downtime in the summer of 2006 really hurt our activity as well as some really bad blood between some former members and the moderator / admin team. With all of the other social media sites available now, forum attendance has dropped across a majority of forums. Mr. Lester kept us in the past for far too long, and it's still going to take awhile to recover. But we are trying
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Also, agent, you may not be aware that many people opt to be "invisible" here--so they show up only as "guests" online when you look down at the bottom of the screen where it says who's browsing this forum.
      Last edited by agate; 06-22-2013, 01:26 PM. Reason: clarification
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Agent107))))))

What we lack in numbers we more than compensate for in sincerity and caring support.

Mike Weins and our BT team are doing a fabulous job of rebuilding our community, which is no easy task in competition with the major social media venues. Quite a few of our members, like me, are "old timers," who have been BT members for 10 or more years. We're here, and we're staying!

You will make life-long friends here, who understand what you're experiencing and will offer a wealth of knowledge to help you on your journey.

As Agate said, there are more of us here than it may appear.

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I lurk once a month or so, just to see how the old timers are doing, and if anyone new needs some help. The board moves very slowly these days. That makes me a bit sad. I often wonder how everyone is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Weins View Post
            We have not recovered from Mr. Lester's mismanagement of BrainTalk from 2004-2007 or 2008 ish. The 3+ month downtime in the summer of 2006 really hurt our activity as well as some really bad blood between some former members and the moderator / admin team. With all of the other social media sites available now, forum attendance has dropped across a majority of forums. Mr. Lester kept us in the past for far too long, and it's still going to take awhile to recover. But we are trying
            Yes and some of those, quick to assemble, stand in Forums, that
            formed at that time, left a bad taste in my mouth and alienated
            many members. A lot of those peeps just disappeared.

I will always remember the great days here and was sad when
            JL lost interest. I am here because this will always be "My First
            Love"

Thanks Mike and Dave for your loyalty.
            Last edited by SalpalSally; 06-23-2013, 08:31 AM.
            Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Brain talk saved me when I was told I had an aneurysm, I found this place when I googled " aneurysm " so many offered support and caring....so many supported me in other forums as I dealt with life's challenges, I am not always logged in , but I am here every single day checking to see how some of the folks that were here for me are doing. I have made some very dear friends here . Thank you all for posting to me in each of the forums. GING

Comment

Idea for Lurker Luring

((((((Hugs to All))))))

Hey! Let's throw a party! A Lurker's Luau!! Something fun to lure the lurkers out of hiding!

It's officially summer now (with a Super Moon tonight!), so we could have an Hawaiian theme. Maybe Mike, you could find us a beachy summer skin for the season? Some tropical smilies? Drinks with tiny umbrellas in them?

We could start a thread in the Chit Chat forum, "Lurker's Luau," and promote it on the home page somehow. For example: Lurkers, we miss you! We you! Come back and join the party. A Luau just for you! Bring us up to date on you and your world! Lurk no more! Click here to join the fun!

I'd be there in my grass skirt and lei welcoming the Lurkers. Okay, maybe sweats and a lei! (Grass skirt days are likely behind me!)

I just felt festive this evening and thought a cyber party might be a different and fun way to generate conversation and increase participation. I'm not married to the idea ~ just tossing it out there.

Love & Light,

Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I kind of forgot about a summer theme prepping for school I'll look for one and / or try to make a quickie over the weekend.
                  Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                  Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                  Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                  Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                  Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                  Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                  Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

A lurker-luring luau? I'm glad there's still this emoticon:
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Tropical-ish Smilies

((((((Mike))))))

Studies first!! There is NO pressure here, my friend! We're just tossing out ideas. And there certainly isn't any urgency attached to any ideas!

((((((agate))))))

I had no idea we had that smilie/emoticon! Great find! We're off to a flying start!

Here are some more, which might be relevant to a luau/tropical setting:

All we need now are leis, palm trees, an ocean wave, and Don Ho!!

Aloha!

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Wow!

hi all,

what an interesting and informative thread -- i could generally out-lurk any lurker -- hey, if i can be here -- so can you other lurkers . . . .

agent107

Comment

my neighbor actuallty had a hwaiian type party. it was for people she worked with but as a neighbor we often were invited and know she is wonderful cook. the newspaper featured her menu and it made my mouth water. love that fish - rose.

Comment

Here's good old Don :):

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

((((((joy))))))

The is one of our smilies! I never knew that it or the beach scene existed! Did you attend your neighbor's Hawaiian party? I've been to a few in my much much younger years, and they were always good fun.

((((((Vicky))))))

There he is!!!! Tiny bubbles ...

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Working...
                              X