Thread: Fund Raiser

Community Member

Default Fund Raiser

My neurosurgeon has developed a program that helps children who are born or develop hydrocephalus (hydro) and cerebral palsy (cp). The other day, I got a letter in the mail, that said that their yearly fund raiser was coming up, and they were asking for people to raise as much money as possible. This program, provides payment for medical bills due to surgeries with hydrocephalus and cp. It also provides hotel accommodations and food vouchers for people who are traveling out of state to come and visit them for clinic visits. I am new to the fund raising idea, and I was wondering, "How do you go about raising funds?"

Community Member

I have finished my fund raising, and I have raised $500!!!! I am so excited about going to my doctors and telling them how much money I have raised.

Just a thought. Like the pink ribbon for breast cancer, maybe we could think of a symbol to represent Hydrocephalus. We could get the message across and raise money for Hydrocephalus awareness. The proceeds would go to help those affected by Hydrocephalus. Maybe this would educate the public about the illness that affects all or most of us who are members of this forum. I don't know of any sponsers that could help us with the materials that we need though. Does anyone have any ideas?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne1974 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a thought. Like the pink ribbon for breast cancer, maybe we could think of a symbol to represent Hydrocephalus. We could get the message across and raise money for Hydrocephalus awareness. The proceeds would go to help those affected by Hydrocephalus. Maybe this would educate the public about the illness that affects all or most of us who are members of this forum. I don't know of any sponsers that could help us with the materials that we need though. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I remember when I went to Washington DC to talk to my Senator and Congressmen about hydrocephalus, the organization that set up the meetings had pins made that we could give to our representatives that were actual shunt tubing and it was put in the shape of a ribbon that you could pin to your clothes. That would be a great idea. I just have no idea where we would get the supplies.