Thread: What makes Alzheimer a Critical Disease

Default What makes Alzheimer a Critical Disease

The Alzheimer's disease can be truly critical, is it? I found out at google ' nun study treatment' that people with this disease can make them forget their names as well as places on a normal basis. Then repeating oneself frequently in a little period of time also occurs. In fact, these people might also experience difficulty with day after day routine to accomplish their tasks plus their way of making decisions. Imagine how hard for them to do with reading, arithmetic, and writing in addition to other cognitive tasks. Also they suffer the helplessness to get organized, prepare and think comprehensibly.

Hi healthgeenie! Wow, I saw that article ‘nun study treatment’ indeed, having an Alzheimer’s disease is such a scary illness. Just imagine. When you forget your name or what so ever is so sad. I hope that this illness could have a treatment as soon as possible. I am afraid of having this illness. I don’t want to not remember all those people who are close to me. Especially my family. And if I would have a family member that have an Alzheimer’s it’ll break my heart if they can’t remember a thing about their past. I am already being forgetful this days, I hope I won’t have this when I am old!

This is really a progressive disease where symptoms are increasing and becomes worsen for the patient.Memory loss is found at the early stage of this disease and the patient becomes abnormal to make a conversation with other persons. I know that age of each individual person makes it more critical.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

You don't have to be old to have Alzheimer's Disease. It can strike at most any age. Everybody does different, but many things are common. People talk about "stages". Well, I don't believe in the "stages". It is a horrible disease and nobody in their right mind wants it. I pray they will find a cure some day, but it looks like a long way off. Who knows?

I helped care for my MIL for about 10 years. It was a long hard road to travel. I did so love her, but it got so hard to care for her.

I encourage everyone that is caring for someone with this disease to go to the Archives and read. There is good information there and I assure you it can be of some help. I don't know how many pages are there, but check it out. Its at the top of the front page.

Love and prayers to all who are traveling this road, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jo6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't have to be old to have Alzheimer's Disease. It can strike at most any age. Everybody does different, but many things are common. People talk about "stages". Well, I don't believe in the "stages". It is a horrible disease and nobody in their right mind wants it. I pray they will find a cure some day, but it looks like a long way off. Who knows?

I helped care for my MIL for about 10 years. It was a long hard road to travel. I did so love her, but it got so hard to care for her.

I encourage everyone that is caring for someone with this disease to go to the Archives and read. There is good information there and I assure you it can be of some help. I don't know how many pages are there, but check it out. Its at the top of the front page.

Love and prayers to all who are traveling this road, Julia

I understand that memory loss happens often with aging, but that it doesn't always lead to Alzheimer's. As I understand it, there no sure way of getting a reliable prognosis.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Hi Mal L Good to see you posting. I'm hoping more will come back and share the things they have learned.

You are right. Memory loss can happen with old age and it doesn't have to be Alzheimer. Sometimes there is memory loss for other reasons. You don't have to be old to have Alzheimer's.

A lady by the name of Kat used to post here. She explained the type of Alzheimer's she had. Maybe Vascular Alzheimer's ?? See, I can't
    remember as well as I used to. lol What she wrote was very interesting and very informative. I know it is already in the Archives. I urge those that haven't read her work to do so. I do miss her.

Mal L, it's my understanding that the only positive way to get a diagnosis would be to do an autopsy. Of course we all know we would have to be dead to know for sure. I do know many Drs. have certain guide lines to go by, but its just guessing on their part.

take care all, Julia
    Last edited by Jo6; 12-03-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

7. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jo6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Mal L Good to see you posting. I'm hoping more will come back and share the things they have learned.

You are right. Memory loss can happen with old age and it doesn't have to be Alzheimer. Sometimes there is memory loss for other reasons. You don't have to be old to have Alzheimer's.

A lady by the name of Kat used to post here. She explained the type of Alzheimer's she had. Maybe Vascular Alzheimer's ?? See, I can't
    remember as well as I used to. lol What she wrote was very interesting and very informative. I know it is already in the Archives. I urge those that haven't read her work to do so. I do miss her.

Mal L, it's my understanding that the only positive way to get a diagnosis would be to do an autopsy. Of course we all know we would have to be dead to know for sure. I do know many Drs. have certain guide lines to go by, but its just guessing on their part.

take care all, Julia
    I remember the lady by the name of Kat. She used the name of puddykat and had, I think, vascular dementia. Another person of interest is ponygirl. She was concerned about her life expectancy. Both of them should be traceable with a search.