Thread: I feel so worthless and depressed, just wanna talk.Thanks

Default I feel so worthless and depressed, just wanna talk.Thanks

hello, I am new to BT (I was on here 10 years ago - name used to be Cat_in_the_hat or CITH for short ). To anyone that remembers me, hello and pleased to meet you again, hope to connect with you again). Currently I am suffering from depression that will no go away. I did go to the ER and told them same. They gave me some RX but I never took it. Why? I have no idea. Maybe I wish to wallow in my pit of dispair. I am not suffering from suicidal ideations, but I just want to disappear. I don't know what else to say, except I hope that I can speak with someone. Peace
    Last edited by NeoCortex; 05-26-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo

Hi, Cat. It is quiet around here. I sort of only re-visted BT two days ago.
    May I ask what medication you were 'scripted? Have anti-depressants helped you in the past?
    I am sorry that you are going through depression. It can be crippling.
    “The revolutionary act of treating ourselves tenderly can begin to undo the aversive messages of a lifetime.”
    ~ Tara Brach, “Radical Acceptance”

Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi, Cat. It is quiet around here. I sort of only re-visted BT two days ago.
    May I ask what medication you were 'scripted? Have anti-depressants helped you in the past?
    I am sorry that you are going through depression. It can be crippling.

Hello Mari, I am sorry I cannot remember the RX name at this time (memory problems) the name will come to me, but currently it just escapes me. Yes this depression sure is crippling. I have such thoughts going through my mind and I hate all of them. Yes antidepressants have helped in the past. I was on diff kinds (again I can't remember the names---my mind is completely blank, I know that the memory problems are part of my depression, but I have many factors that are contributing, my life is just hollow at this time) How are you? Thank you for answering.
    Last edited by NeoCortex; 05-26-2013 at 07:58 PM.

I am not stable at the moment. I have bipolar that is usually controlled but I am off my game now -- mostly depressed and some anxiety. I am on medicaitons and they help but only somewhat and I will start seeing a new psychiatrist at the end of June. My memory is shot too, mostly because I do not get enough sleep and the lack of sleep plays havoc with my thinking and memory.
    Can you think of anything that worked for you or that works for you?
    Tomorrow if the weather is good, I am going to go out in the sun. That helps me -- the sun is relaxing and I think it also builds up the vitamin D.
    Feel better.
    Last edited by Mari; 05-27-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    “The revolutionary act of treating ourselves tenderly can begin to undo the aversive messages of a lifetime.”
    ~ Tara Brach, “Radical Acceptance”

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

welcome back Cat. Sorry you are so deep in the hole. I am bipolar II with severe anxiety. Oversensitive to meds so I am stuck with the same thing.

Do you have a therapist Cat that you can rant and rave to?

I am waiting for the miracle med mood stabilizer and anxiety med that doesn't make me feel like I wanna die
    Last edited by houghchrst; 05-27-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Hi CITH and welcome back :)

Sorry to hear about your depression and spms :( Have you tried the Rx you received yet?

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

happy to see you back at bt, cith!

did something change in your life before you became so severely depressed? are your health probs overwhelming you?

I hope you have some kind of support system, be it a therapist or doctor or friends and family. even though they might not be able to help you right now, you have to feel that people are there for you. we're here for you, too!

be very kind to yourself, neo. try to do things that give you pleasure or that used to give you pleasure. i know sometimes it's hard to want to do anything when you are depressed, yet doing something sometimes eases the depression, at least for a while.

please keep posting here, just to tell us how you're doing. you are not alone, we all suffer from something.

peace for today,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 05-30-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Cat - I am all over the forums tonite - I am usualy to be found in Chronic Pain so I know about depression and anxiety - too much it seems. I wish you well and will pray for you - Miracle drugs - I have tried a bunch - no help - but what did not work for me may work for you - i truely hope so. I have found Meditation to help, that and prayer - if you are so inclined. I hope things get better for you - Your former user name seems familiar for some reason - anyway, Please let us know how you are and vent here whenever you need to.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCortex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hello, I am new to BT (I was on here 10 years ago - name used to be Cat_in_the_hat or CITH for short ). To anyone that remembers me, hello and pleased to meet you again, hope to connect with you again). Currently I am suffering from depression that will no go away. I did go to the ER and told them same. They gave me some RX but I never took it. Why? I have no idea. Maybe I wish to wallow in my pit of dispair. I am not suffering from suicidal ideations, but I just want to disappear. I don't know what else to say, except I hope that I can speak with someone. Peace
    Hi Cat :),

Well I know this may be really out dated since your post was way back 2013. I was reading articles and posts on depression then I came to read yours. Anyhow, how are you doing already? I do hope everything is well. Express your feelings with your trusted family and friends - a good support system. Then try to meditate and exercise too. I really hope youre really well now after 4 yrs. :)