Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Health Care

Blog Entries

This death panel stuff is going to have to stop here. I'm not saying you can't discuss the IPAB, I'm saying you can't call it a "death panel" any longer. That particular phrase is too argumentative for this community. I personally haven't been paying attention to any of the health care reform stuf, even though I probably should.

I will say that according to http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/...advisory-board that:

IPAB is specifically prohibited by law from recommending any policies that ration care, raise taxes, increase premiums or cost-sharing, restrict benefits or modify who is eligible for Medicare.
    Now I'm not naive, I know that there could be some legalese in the bill that may override that...I don't trust much of what any politician says.

So once again, please do not use the phrase "death panel" (or death panels) when discussing the IPAB.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Mike can you remove the referrals to death panels please? We do not need the added stress of worry. I think they are mistaken but I am not going into a debate over it. I love this board for its support and usually it is uplifting.

I am starting to go through David's file cabinets and I have found many shocks about things I had no idea he was trying to do. David's good points out weigh his bad ones but I am learning that I did not know how he truly felt. All this sorting is depressing.

I am still on the antibiotics for my cough. Please keep me in your prayers. You are all in my prayers. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member

Default Political Agenda

Consider the source.... LifeNews....has it's own political agenda.

Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Blog Entries

I do apologize I had intended on editing the post to remove the phrase but forgot. The phrase has been removed except for in my reply. Do not attempt to belittle or make a poster feel bad because of their beliefs or the sources they use to express those beliefs. The preceding statement was not aimed at anyone in particular.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Default Neutral

Can we just remain neutral? Not to the left nor to the right? That way the discussions are about the topic and not the beliefs of the poster. JMHO

Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Community Member

I am under the FEHB, have Medicare A&B and Tricare for Life. Having said that, I tend to lean towards forums, sites that pertain to federal employees and annuitants rather than news articles since I am federal retiree. It doesn't look good for us but at least some of us have options to suspend our insurance...NOT giving it up...just suspending. But no one will know for sure until Open Season comes about. I am just grateful that things are going good for now.
    C3/C4 ACDF - 2004, C5/C6 ACDF - 2006
    L5/S1 - Facet Degeneration
    Lumbar Facet Rhizotomy L4, L5, S1 (left side) 2007
    Retired - DOD/Defense Finance & Acctg/IT - 2005

Default Ditto....

I am also FEHB as secondary with Medicare A&B primary due to age. I'm not changing either and haven't in years just waiting to see what comes of any changes for us......

Gabriella

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

There are changes coming of that you can be sure[ and remember you knew about them in advance.

Abby

Did anyone get the little book Ration Care?
    *edited out non working link*

There was a German poster in 1939 and was used to convince the population that the sick and disabled did not deserve to live
    http://mindinflux.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/nazi1.jpg

the translaton was this:
    A German poster from 1939
    When Hitler began to kill the sick and disabled before he started on the Jews.

Translation:

60,000 Reich marks. What this person suffering from is hereditary defects costs the People’s community during his lifetime. Comrade, that is your money too.
    Last edited by Mike Weins; 06-21-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: edited broken link ... could not find a link to the book mentioned.
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

My mother grew up in WWII Germany and she never killed anyone.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Default Link Not Working!

Abby, your link to the book Ration Care does not work. I even did a search and came up with nothing but I did find another book "Citizen's Guide to Health Care Reform" by Dr. Robert L. McCan, PhD which one can read online and get a lot of information about the "Affordable Care Act".

The reference to Hitler's poster is offensive.

Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 06-21-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast