Depacon Infusions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depacon Infusions

I have been a member of this site for almost 5 years, due to an accidential cervical dural puncture, multiple blood patches, and a subsequent brain clot, which has resolved.

I've had multiple daily headaches for all those years, and treated with every modality known to medical science (I'm sure a lot of you can relate!).

Last night I met Dr. Chou, my 7th neurologist, practicing at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. She spent 3 hours going over my extensive medical records and films, and concluded I don't have a spinal leak issue, but definitely have multiple daily migraines. Plus, the pain meds - Percocet and Fioricet - that I must take daily to function have actually further aggravated the already distressed nerve endings in my brain.

I am the eternal optomist, as I'm sure anyone with chronic pain tries to be, but her diagnosis is the first that truly resonates.
    She recommends I undergo 2 days of Depacon Infusions to break the pain cycle, then I'll start on migraine meds. Has anyone had these infusions? What side effects can I expect? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best to all ---
    Marianne

Just a follow-up, in case anyone on this site has to undergo these Depacon Infusions.

They are used to break the cycle of migraine headaches, calming down the mis-firing neurotransmitters in your brain.
    Mine were out of whack due to all the trauma I had undergone, plus being on the incorrect pain meds for an extended period of time.
    The infusions were very easy, with minimal side-effects --- mild nausea (I had Promethazine, which I previously took for nausea), some light-headedness (Promethazine took that away as well), but otherwise nothing to speak of.
    The effects of this medication can take up to a month to kick in, but just being off the opiates has reduced my daily episodes.

Good luck to all --- write if you are having these infusions and are looking for further info.

Regards -
    Marianne

Comment

"I am the eternal optomist, as I'm sure anyone with chronic pain tries to be, but her diagnosis is the first that truly resonates.
      She recommends I undergo 2 days of Depacon Infusions to break the pain cycle, then I'll start on migraine meds. Has anyone had these infusions? What side effects can I expect? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best to all ---
      Marianne "

Hi Marianne .... Have you had the Depacon infusions yet? Wishing you pain-free wellness.

Comment

Depacon Infusions

Hi Jingle ---

Yes, I went thru the Depacon Infusions in June - I made some notes on 6/13 on my experience.
        So far, I still have my multiple daily migraines, but I am being patient and hoping between the Depacon and the Nortriptyline I will get some long-term results soon.

Stopping the Percocet and Fioricet took away what I now know were "Rebound Headaches", and just left the underlying migraines. It relieved some of the pain, which is awesome in my book!

Good luck to you as well-
        Marianne

Comment

Working...
        X