Thread: Chris's pics

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Chris's pics

My little guard dog. He follows me all over the yard walking in front of me in a criss cross pattern to make sure nothing will get me LOL.

This is the only Northern Pine on the property and is home to a huge hornet's nest as you can see.

I actually have a tree that has a mushroom fairy ring around it, I don't think you can tell very much but it is there lol.

and I found all kinds of mushrooms, haven't looked them up yet but plan to.

This one I think is one of those stink puffs but I am not sure and didn't want to bust it up to find out.

These were shiny like silk

These felt and looked like brown velvet

This one as you can see is kind of funky and curly almost like a brain mushroom, it was huge

This is like the velvet ones but it's stem was coming up funky the one below it was about a week later

These were kind of weird had what looked like blue paint spattered on top of them and they grew outside edges curled up

We have Giant Egrets unfortunately they are very shy and I can barely get a peek at them close up. Sunday I went out and stood under the trees at our fence line and heard a huge ruckus and 22 Giant Cranes and 2 Great Blue Herons took off out of the trees just above me and scared the bejesus outta me.

They are so big I am amazed they can perch up there.

This is the memorial that I made for my mom's birthday.

Very windy day

Okay so my pic limit is up for this post. I have more but I won't force you to look at them yet LOL.

Blog Entries

Nice pics. You should make an album in your profile.
    Firehorse

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks Firehorse, that is a great idea. Right now we are limited to 20 photos in a thread and I had 27 LOL, had to decide what to pitch.

Distinguished Community Member

Chris that is a big hornets nest there. Do you see any activity from the inhabitants flying around ever? Such a cute dog.

I love all those birds. Such a lovely place, so peaceful. Your Mom's memorial was very thoughtful of you.
    - thanks so much for sharing with us. Start on that album now okay.