Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw and Creamy Cilantro Sauce

hey all !

i have never developed a taste for pesto. when i found this sauce, i was immediately intrigued. herbs, nuts, olive oil...sort of pesto-ey. once i made it, i was hooked for life. i have used a couple spoonfuls on my salads, you could use it as a dressing for a pasta and veggie salad, a topping for a chicken breast, a dip for raw veggies...the possibilities are unlimited! i make a double batch, because it is so much work to wash and strip the leaves off the parsley and cilantro. i find that a good sized bunch of cilantro or parsley equals about 1 cup. i also toast my walnuts for about 10-15 minutes in a very low oven (275 degrees) to give them a better flavor. dried rosemary is fine also...although i don't know the exchange for fresh and dried herbs. if i have this in the frig longer than a day, i add a teaspoon of orange juice to it everyday to freshen up the flavor. i hope you try this and enjoy it as much as i do! jeannie

Raw & Creamy Paleo Cilantro Sauce
    ■1 cup chopped cilantro
    ■1/2 cup chopped parsley
    ■1/2 cup walnuts
    ■1/4 cup olive oil
    ■1/2 medium orange, juiced, about 3 tbsp
    ■1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    ■1/8 cup water
    ■1 spring fresh rosemary, about 1 tsp, chopped
    ■salt & pepper to taste (taste, adjust, taste again, taste again, and again…)

Pulse all ingredients together with a food processor or immersion blender, until mostly creamy- some chunks of walnuts add to the texture.
    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Last edited by tic chick; 05-20-2013, 08:03 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney
Working...
X