Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reaching a goal: Commencement!

Distinguished Community Member

Good for you Mike! You will do it fine!! I like the online methods as I can have some control over how and when I get things done provided the deadlines are met etc. I also don't have to get too close to those with power over me, and I can feel safe. My advice is to get a calendar and go through all syllabi putting all requirements for the entire semester in the calendar for all courses. Then color code them so you know what color means what course. I did my BSN online like that, and I stayed organized and didn't worry that I would miss something. I knew something in the "green class" was due Friday etc etc. I still do that now in my MSN program. It has been a journey for sure, but I am better for it and hope as you, I feel sure, do as well to be able to use it for the greater good. Good for you and take is one day and one assignment at a time. Tattoo

Blog Entries

I like the suggestion for color coding classes
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Just to give you an update, I completed my project and presented it to the faculty Tuesday. Not that many people showed up to listen which was fine with me. Less people to ask questions.I got a very good grade, but it took a lot of time to do that! I finished clinical and am waiting on my prof to put a Pass in that collumn. A very scary place for me to be! I've never gotten this far in school before and will worry until the final grade is posted. I have my Final tomorrow over all the information of the two years! We have lots of time though which is good for me. I know my passion is epilepsy, and I have to find a job in it somehow in order to feel totally of use and fulfilled but fear my age will be an issue for those hiring. Maybe prayer will help that too. Gonna go to the beach after my final tomorrow! Then back here to study for the certification exam. Wanted to share my progress with you! Tattoo

Blog Entries

Have fun at the beach! I'm sure you'll do just fine with your final

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Congratulations !!
    "The most rewarding things in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done." (Arnold Palmer)

Thanks. Just back from the Outer Banks, and I did pass my final!!! I was sooo worried because finishing the entire program was riding on passing this final course. Had to muster up enough nerve to look at the grades once they were posted. My Prof also put a Pass in my clinical too, so that is done as well. Provided nothing happens between now and the end of the month, my degree should be conferred, and I will take the certification exam! Another hurdle!! Even if I do not pass ( I hope I will though), I will still have my degree! Now to apply for the exams and figure out what I am to do with this education! Tattoo

Well. I studied solid daily since early August and went in today to take my certification exam. It was time to take it. I was so sure I had failed it. It was tough, but I Passed! Glad that is over and now have to figure out my next steps. Tattoo

Congratulations Tattoo,
    I'm so happy to hear that you passed your exam I know you have been trying really hard :) Keep up the great work and I know you will do a wonderful job.
    Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

YAH YAAAY to Tattoo!

Linnie

Blog Entries

Congratulations on passing the exam Tattoo

Step 1 - log in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast