Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reaching a goal: Commencement!

Distinguished Community Member

Default Reaching a goal: Commencement!

Hello,
    You probably are aware that I am in school to attain my Master's degree. I thought I would share with you that I will be attending commencement and walk across the stage this weekend. Although the coursework will be completed in a few months, the ceremony is held now, and I have decided to participate. I wasn't going to go, but things fell into place. I am so excited. It will be a very fast weekend as I still have work to do, but I wanted to share the near end of this leg of my journey with you, my BT friends and family! Tattoo

Hi Tattoo,
    I want to congratulate you on getting your Master's degree it has taken a lot of hard work and studying. I wish you only the best of luck and have a joyful commencement. May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Thumbs up

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    What an accomplishment!!

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Congratulations!

Gaudeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus!

tr.: Let us therefore rejoice while we are young
    Last edited by howdydave; 05-18-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Hi all! Thanks so much! I got back today and really had a blast! I was in an online program, so I never met my professors nor classmates until this weekend. I still have the remainder of this semester to do and there is a lot, but going to commencement was sort of an incentive to do well. It has been a very long road and a hard one not because of lack of ability but because of having epilepsy. We all are very able people, and I hope that I can help in some way to disspell the myths that still surround epilepsy. I think the south may be worse but am not sure about that. I do know the Institute of Medicine wants that too. This is not an ending but another beginning. Now I have to find the best way to use this in a shorter period of time due to my age and how long it took me to reach the goal line so that it matters that I was here! Tattoo

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Tattoo))))))

CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now I have to find the best way to use this in a shorter period of time due to my age and how long it took me to reach the goal line so that it matters that I was here!
    You've already done that, dear. It definitely matters that you are here!

That last leg of the Masters can be a tough one, but you've made it this far, and you will succeed!

So glad for you that you were able to attend your commencement. It's a very big deal, and you have earned it. I remember mine ~ such a great feeling of accomplishment ("I DID IT!") and that is a cool reward for your hard work.

Here's to you and your new beginning!!!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Great! You sure did put up with a LOT more hurdles than anybody else did!

Linnie

Thanks so much. I am in the middle of the last semester and hope to get this done. I wanted to mention to Linnie that yes I have put up with more than the typical student who wanted to reach potential and having epilepsy did play a huge part. That is why it is so important to find the right care as soon as possible so that one's path can be as straight as possible toward the goals of their choosing. I am also persistent, however. It is good to accomplish things while we are young as Dave said so that we have time to enjoy and improve them, but with all the set backs I have had to endure and all the returns to "start", I am older getting done. Now I fear I will not be hired due to age. There is a lot of age discrimination out there too now. I have loans to pay back, so there is still worry. Maybe I should just worry about finishing my project, the clinical, and the certification exam first. Tattoo

Yes, That's all to worry about now! Although you're right about the age-discrimination, you are very fortunate to be in a medical field.

YAY again!

Linnie

Blog Entries

Congratulations Tattoo

I'm about to start my college adventure. Our summer classes start next week, I am only taking two, and one of them is online. Fall semester is a full class load for me. My first time in a classroom in 20 years
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast