OT May Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT May Chit Chat

wow,,April went fast,, and we are still under a crazy weathen pattern,, we have snow forecasted tomorrow night, into Thursday,,in May ?, we just got the garden planted,,and fields worked up and sprayed for planting corn,,snow in May,, definely one for the record books,,in Iowa,,

Our son who lives in Florida continues to tease me, about how warm it is there,,brat,,lol

I am doing okay, not the best, but doable,,,neuro visit was a bust,, to get Provigil {energy} they want to do a sleep study on me, since they won't script it for people with MS,,,I do not understand this,,I got it with my other neuro, has anyone done a sleep study ? this is all greek to me,,

well better go,, people to do, places to go,,hahahaha !
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Snow in April--you have to wonder what's going on. Guess I already mentioned that when I lived in Boston there was a bad snow and ice storm on May 9, and we had no power for 4 days. May 9???

At least there were no crops involved. Hope your plantings will pull through, Peg.

I've never taken Provigil but I've certainly heard of lots of people with MS taking it. Haven't had a sleep study either but my son has and so have a couple of other people I know. You usually have to spend the night in a lab, sleeping, and then they analyze your sleep and breathing patterns, I think--mainly to see if you have sleep apnea.

Rhodies and other blooming things are at their best around here just now. Good time to be going out to appointments, and so I've been to 7 physical therapy sessions for a sore arm and shoulder. Now I just have to keep up with the exercises they gave me to do.

Next I'm going to be in a study of people with MS that will go on for a year. It involves going to a VA hospital for a lot of appointments--maybe 10 in all--but they pay.

Everybody take care and be well!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hi All,
      I must have thought I was superwoman last week, because I was doing my stained glass, driving to 4 hour trips, then scrubbed the deck...can you say "collapse"? OMG I went down like a felled tree! I was unable to do much more than eat and drink tea for 3 days afterward...won't be trying that trick again!
      On a good note though, I lost 16lbs in a month by doing the Atkins diet. I was getting so out of control and feeling so awful that something had to be done. Atkins is, so far, working for me. I am now down to 174! I'm so excited.
      I hope everyone has a good May. With the weather becoming nicer, I know I am in a better mood... must be all the vitamin D. Take care everyone!
      Lorraine:)

Comment

:) Hi everyone. I went to bed last night about 11 and did not get up until a phone call at noon. Each time I woke (about every 4 hours) I took a Benadryl and I did cough less so I slept better.

Peg I got a RX for Provigil but because it is off label use it is not covered by insurance. 30 tablets was over $400.00. I got him to prescribe the 200 mg ones and I cut them in quarters. I only take them if I am very tired and have things I have to get done that day. I have had the bottle over a year so they may be more money now. I did not do a sleep study. My primary care doctor wrote the RX.

Wish I could send all of you having Winter weather some of our heat. We are in the 80's and the van gets very hot when parked in the sun. I'm not looking forward to days in the high 90's which will be here soon.

My son Andy left me a sweet note on the erasable board on the refrigerator. It says; "Mom try always to be positive. I will always be by your side. You will never be a burden to me. I love helping you get back to yourself. We will get you better. I love you very much!" I took a digital picture of it so I can keep it. I was very touched by it. Jeanie :)

Comment

I love your Son, Jeanie!!!
          Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Yes, that son's a keeper, I'd say.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

may day may day-
              Jeanie, maybe I should have had kids. Being mine, they would have been odd.

I'm still cleaning up from the yesterdays cat puke-a-thon.
              Absolutely prolific and in secret hiding places...
              Today we went to the vet. I have put on his lost weight.
              The car battery died and needs to be replaced (suggestions), the top broke on a large container
              of laundry detergent so there is 1/2 gallon of goo on the van floor.

Mayday, mayday.
              It was beautiful outdoors.

Good weather, good thoughts.

Comment

I walked to the bank on a perfect yesterday and paid off my mortgage! Yes, I own my house!

People (his mother) have told me that I am lucky to have PizzaGuy. Well, he is lucky to have me, a home owner. ;)
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

And he better not forget it, Ann...LOL He owes you a chocolate pizza.....yuk!
                  Love, Sally

Comment

Congratulations on the mortgage payoff! That must be a great feeling, and my guess is that Pizza Guy will realize he's one lucky Pizza Guy.

His mother isn't the last word on the subject.

Comment

Today we had the final signing of paperwork and the the house is ours although it does not fund until Tuesday so tecinally we are not suppose to move in until it funds. As we did it as a refinance there is a 3 day right of rescission (buyers remorse) this by the way is the ONLY time there is a 3 day waiting period.

Not move in ummmmm yeah right. They would have to sheriff me to get me out. We have been living in our motorhome for 8 months and only by the grace of God and the fact that after 30 years together we get along that we didnt kill each other. My wife commented that if we did get mad at each other the only thing you could do was go out and sit in the car.

I am doing some minor stuff that was our responsibility and the weather is co -operating 70 deg light breeze and the new house has central air. Something we never had before. We have always bought property for the size of the barns/ bigger acreage/size of the shops/ better water rights etc. so this time we did this for our house. I have told people that our next real estate purchase is going to be at Parkview cemetery. We put every whistle and bell that we could possibly afford so it really is a custom built home.

One would never believe (well Cherie would) that our documents requiring signatures is 52 pages long. And the first set had a mistake so they had to be redone at which time they had my wife's birthday off by one day soooo they had to do it again. A lot of trees were killed in the process. Not only that, you are required to watch they destroy the documents. Not kidding you sit there and watch them be shredded.

The light at the end of the tunnel was the finish line NOT an oncoming train.

Comment

Congratulations, Gary! This must be a huge relief for you, after this long ordeal.

Not move in ummmmm yeah right. They would have to sheriff me to get me out.
                        There are ways of dealing with sheriffs who come poking around...

Comment

Whoooopie!!!! That's great Gary and DW!!!
                          Love, Sally

Comment

:) Hi everyone. I typed a whole post and it disappeared. Ann I am glad you are mortgage free. I have been for a few years and I would not make it if I had house and car payments. Gary I am so happy for you being able to move into the new house. We are looking forward to photos.

I went for a CT scan of my sinuses today in the rain. I hope the allergy shots start soon and that they help me get rid of this cough. In the waiting room at the scan place people looked at me like I might be contagious when I coughed.

I got a letter from the circuit court yesterday saying I could close Mother's last account. I called Merrill Lynch and they said I need to send them a copy of the court's letter and they will turn it over to their legal team and they will contact me. More red tape and delay.

None of David's vehicles have sold and very few people have even called so I told Jim to lower the prices some. People are not spending right now including me.

I appreciate all of you being here. I do not feel so alone when I know I can come on the board. Thanks, Jeanie :)

Comment

Thank you, Jeanie.

Susan, any musician is lucky to have a good partner in his corner.
                              Mmmm, how do I know...

And a woman with a house. Pizza man cherishes you but you
                              can have a lot of fun with that ....power.
                              ;>))))

Comment

Working...
                              X