Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT May Chit Chat

wow,,April went fast,, and we are still under a crazy weathen pattern,, we have snow forecasted tomorrow night, into Thursday,,in May ?, we just got the garden planted,,and fields worked up and sprayed for planting corn,,snow in May,, definely one for the record books,,in Iowa,,

Our son who lives in Florida continues to tease me, about how warm it is there,,brat,,lol

I am doing okay, not the best, but doable,,,neuro visit was a bust,, to get Provigil {energy} they want to do a sleep study on me, since they won't script it for people with MS,,,I do not understand this,,I got it with my other neuro, has anyone done a sleep study ? this is all greek to me,,

well better go,, people to do, places to go,,hahahaha !
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Snow in April--you have to wonder what's going on. Guess I already mentioned that when I lived in Boston there was a bad snow and ice storm on May 9, and we had no power for 4 days. May 9???

At least there were no crops involved. Hope your plantings will pull through, Peg.

I've never taken Provigil but I've certainly heard of lots of people with MS taking it. Haven't had a sleep study either but my son has and so have a couple of other people I know. You usually have to spend the night in a lab, sleeping, and then they analyze your sleep and breathing patterns, I think--mainly to see if you have sleep apnea.

Rhodies and other blooming things are at their best around here just now. Good time to be going out to appointments, and so I've been to 7 physical therapy sessions for a sore arm and shoulder. Now I just have to keep up with the exercises they gave me to do.

Next I'm going to be in a study of people with MS that will go on for a year. It involves going to a VA hospital for a lot of appointments--maybe 10 in all--but they pay.

Everybody take care and be well!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Community Member

Hi All,
    I must have thought I was superwoman last week, because I was doing my stained glass, driving to 4 hour trips, then scrubbed the deck...can you say "collapse"? OMG I went down like a felled tree! I was unable to do much more than eat and drink tea for 3 days afterward...won't be trying that trick again!
    On a good note though, I lost 16lbs in a month by doing the Atkins diet. I was getting so out of control and feeling so awful that something had to be done. Atkins is, so far, working for me. I am now down to 174! I'm so excited.
    I hope everyone has a good May. With the weather becoming nicer, I know I am in a better mood... must be all the vitamin D. Take care everyone!
    Lorraine:)

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. I went to bed last night about 11 and did not get up until a phone call at noon. Each time I woke (about every 4 hours) I took a Benadryl and I did cough less so I slept better.

Peg I got a RX for Provigil but because it is off label use it is not covered by insurance. 30 tablets was over $400.00. I got him to prescribe the 200 mg ones and I cut them in quarters. I only take them if I am very tired and have things I have to get done that day. I have had the bottle over a year so they may be more money now. I did not do a sleep study. My primary care doctor wrote the RX.

Wish I could send all of you having Winter weather some of our heat. We are in the 80's and the van gets very hot when parked in the sun. I'm not looking forward to days in the high 90's which will be here soon.

My son Andy left me a sweet note on the erasable board on the refrigerator. It says; "Mom try always to be positive. I will always be by your side. You will never be a burden to me. I love helping you get back to yourself. We will get you better. I love you very much!" I took a digital picture of it so I can keep it. I was very touched by it. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I love your Son, Jeanie!!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Yes, that son's a keeper, I'd say.

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

may day may day-
    Jeanie, maybe I should have had kids. Being mine, they would have been odd.

I'm still cleaning up from the yesterdays cat puke-a-thon.
    Absolutely prolific and in secret hiding places...
    Today we went to the vet. I have put on his lost weight.
    The car battery died and needs to be replaced (suggestions), the top broke on a large container
    of laundry detergent so there is 1/2 gallon of goo on the van floor.

Mayday, mayday.
    It was beautiful outdoors.

Good weather, good thoughts.

Distinguished Community Member

I walked to the bank on a perfect yesterday and paid off my mortgage! Yes, I own my house!

People (his mother) have told me that I am lucky to have PizzaGuy. Well, he is lucky to have me, a home owner. ;)
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

And he better not forget it, Ann...LOL He owes you a chocolate pizza.....yuk!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Congratulations on the mortgage payoff! That must be a great feeling, and my guess is that Pizza Guy will realize he's one lucky Pizza Guy.

His mother isn't the last word on the subject.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast