Thread: flares

Default flares

Does anyone here experience less then 2 flares a year?

The last one i had was in April. If the past is predicting I'm due very soon for another. Since I left work and have been able to rest they went from every 2 months to 4. if i get past Sept. then it'll be the first time I get past 5 months.

Just wondering what the average is for the people on this chat site

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

I'm almost afraid to jinx myself but I have only had a few in the last 5 years. The last one was pretty bad, but it was almost certainly brought on by unusual stress.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

New Community Member

I hate to say this (kind of - it's great for me, but I don't want to brag - or jinx myself) but aside from ongoing problems with fatigue, sight, hug, and some mobility issues, I haven't had a major relapse in years. Thank goodness for Beta and Ty - although they have caused side effect issues, they have put the brakes on my MS.

Like Vicky, my main relapses and symptoms have been stress related.

Lyn

" no convincing relapses" said the neurologist .. thats 3 yrs this sept.
    I put it down to the IFN beta therapy and an adjusted lifestyle.

beware the silent damage.
    Graham
    RRMS Diag. Dec 08 - 4yrs 9mnths after first relapse
    11 lesions to date. IFnBeta Jan 09.