Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My husband attempted suicide three weeks ago :(

Distinguished Community Member

glad to hear you are feeling stronger. we are same age and hubby and i are clos by a few years yet to being married 50 years. you have had good replies from very confident people. i believe in jeannie as she has consistenly given good info to many people here. also jo. you stay strong.

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Thanks joy...I went today for my session and was given many tools to help me continue to stay strong.i will use them . I really am thankful for the replies and support I Received. The day I posted I was such a mess emotionally and just had to get it all out ...without it being family , I needed it to be to people who could hear, and read without trying to just smooth it over as " oh he was just trying to get attention" he meant to do it and the therapist believes he will attempt to again.i am going away so I don't have to worry about this everyday. He needs more help . , Ging

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Ging))))))

My prayers are with you. Wherever you go, I pray that you find strength and peace. If possible, please stay in touch with us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Ging, how did I miss this? maybe cause not here much lately? I'm so sorry you've had this experience! his anger is dreadful & for him to take it out on you is wrong & could be dangerous. if your son's are willing to help you move You should accept their help. live your own life. be happy & healthy. God has a plan for him or you wouldn't have come home a day early! 50 yrs & you'd think you know him right? I'm not sure we can ever really know another person myself.

will be hoping you get on with your own life now. his progress might take a long time. suicide is hard if not impossible to understand. please continue with your own therapy Ging. ((((hugs)))) Pati

i too am sorry it took so long for me to read your first message. i have not been checking in as often as i use to either. i hope you did in fact move out far enough to stay strong and i see you are a smart woman as family would encourage you to stay for (perhaps selfish) reasons sometimes.

I too rarely cry anymore. don't have a clue as to why either, maybe just learned it never accomplished much years ago or what. i know a little about breathing problems. noticed when i was young that i had a problem with stairs when they were steep and such. had trouble breathing only because of dreading using them mostly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12