Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology has finally caught up for me

Hi everyone!

This place is soooo quiet, will anyone even read this???

So, as you all know, my annie has been a challenge and I have been patiently waiting for some way for my annie to be safely operated on. Well, it looks as though technology has finally caught up.

I have been experiencing quite a few symptoms this past 12 months, with pains in my head increasing and speech and cognition problems. I went to see a new NS in Sydney who has recommended a procedure where he will instead of clipping it horizontally around the neck, will clip it vertically using lots of clips. This way the 3 arteries the annie sits on will not be compromised! He is rather concerned about the pains in my head and has said that he would be getting it done sooner rather than later, but will let me finsih this semester at uni...so am booked in to have the clipping on 18th June.

As you can imagine, I am sooo thrilled to have it finally fixed, but as you can also relate to - I am scared, wondering if this is really the thing to do. I have lived with it pretty much ok, having accepted it being there, but the pains in my head are unsettling. As everyone who had choice, you can't help wondering if you are making the right decision. I know I am - the risk of rupturing is increasing, as the NS explained it to me, so really I have no option but to get it fixed.

The other wonderful thing about this, was being able to finally meet up with the other aussie from here on BT - Trace!! We met up for a coffee and a chat - this NS is the her NS too - so she was able to give me invaluable advice. Plus it was fantastic to be able to sit face to face with someone who I have "known" on here for 5 years!!

Anyway, that is my little spiel...

Blessings to you all. I hope you are all doing amazingly well, hence the no need to be here on this site!

Love and light,

Nat xx
    Last edited by Beachgirl; 04-18-2013, 02:55 PM.
    sigpicTo see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

hey beachgirl !

yes, i will and have read this !

you really are experiencing a miracle! a lot of people in the forums wait for science and medicine to catch up and help their probs. here it is happening for you!

i do understand your hesitation. i have had 2 surgeries the past 5 years and even though they were routine surgeries and not brain surgeries, i know the worry of putting your trust into another person when you need surgery to continue living a productive life. yes, if there is a risk of your annie rupturing, you are wise to have the surgery. the inklings of pain and other probs in your head that are unsettling to you deserve to be recognized. yes, they might have something to do with your annie, they might just result from the stress of knowing you have an annie and that it might rupture. whatever the reason, they are there. i am positive you are making the right choice!

i mostly post in the emotional support forum. we all have a bunch of different probs. i also post in the alzheimer's forum, as my mom has alzheimer's. there is an increase of people posting there, sadly due to the increase of alzheimer's as people live longer. you might also try posting in a busier forum, like cerebrospinal fluid leak (csf), which has people experiencing issues due to another brain prob. i'm so happy you found a fellow friend in oz in trace! that is the greatest thing about a forum community. i have met several people here in the 13 years i have been chatting in the old chatrooms and now posting in the forums.

if you'd like to have some emotional support before your surgery, just pop into our emotional support forum and introduce yourself! i understand you might be feeling edgy until the date of your surgery. i'll keep an eye out for you posting here and give you any support i can! i'll also keep you in my spiritual thoughts and hope your anxiety lessens and the surgery will ease your fears and help keep the clipped annie rupture-free.

we all only have today to live. live today happy. worry about your annie surgery the day of the surgery!

i do wish the very best for you ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 04-19-2013, 03:07 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

I'm here!
      It was equally great meeting up with you Nat- and I am so pleased he's able to operate. I owe my life to him and if anyone can fix it it's him!!!
      Take care and I will speak to you before the big day. Can't believe it's happening so soon. Yah!!!!
      Trace x

Comment

Hope!

That's fantastic Nat! I've never heard of that being done, but it's a great sign the Dr. is confident it's a solution. And I can certainly understand you happiness and fear about the whole thing. Everyone on this board knows and we're with you in you fears and relief.

I'm facing a decision soon myself.

So great you met a local survivor too! I know it sure helps to have a sounding board and comfort

god bless
        Heidi
        Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

Comment

Nat
          Well i am so happy for you that after waiting almost 5 years that medical science has finally got a fix for your annie.It only makes sense to be cautious after all it is a new prodecure, but it the one that you need to finally be rid of that annie.Thats wonderful that you and Trace were able to meet and discuss the NS.We are all very happy for you.Will be thinking and praying for you on the 18th of June.

Wishing you only the BEST
          Jimmy C

Comment

Thankyou so much guys!! I'm so glad people are still here.

Jimmy, I knew if anyone would post, it would be you. Bless you.

Heidi, I know! It really is a new procedure. I'm not even sure HOW it is done without piercing the artery wall. He drew diagrams, but my mind had sort of stuck on the words "we need to operate"...hahahaha. You all know what that feels like! So what decision are you facing? Is it your annie that is being monitored too? And thanks, I am going to lean heavily on you all as it gets closer. :)

Jeannie, thankyou so much for you words of support. I may just pop into the emotional support thread. I have lurked on and off, even posted in there at one stage,but I might just take the support being offered. I know what a fantastic bunch of people that post in there are!

Trace, yay! I'll text or message you about my details. I will be admitted the day before about lunchtime up at the North Shore Private.

Blessings to all of you xx

Comment

Nat, I am so happy to hear that technology has caught up and you will be getting the fix you need! So amazing. So good to hear from you and everyone else, it has been quiet. Take care, I do check in to see if anything is going on once a week or so.
              Shelly
              Shelly

Comment

Thanks Shelly, it's great to see that a few of us are still lurking :) xx

Comment

I am so excited that you will have your chance and it will turn out just fine! , honey you will have so many of us with you in spirit ....we will all be there with you taking turns making sure you are warm and all comfy. You have brought so much to this forum and supported so many of us ...now you are the star and we will be there for you Dear Nat. Woo hoo ! Yay

Comment

Hey everyone!

I haven't been on here for weeks...I am so busy with exams...I've worked it that way so I really don't have time to dwell. My op is 2 weeks today, and I am doing really ok. I am concentrating on the healing side of things and on keeping myself as healthy as possible in mind, body and spirit leading into the op.

As is normal, I am going great, then out of nowhere there is an overwhelming sense. I just go with it. But on the whole, I am more excited to get my annie fixed than scared. I have no control over the outcome anyway, so I just try not to go there in my head. Life is for living, and while I'm still here, I'm not missing out on any living!!

I'm sure I'll have moments though in these last 2 weeks where I have some melt downs...

I hope everyone is doing well.

Blessings,

Nat xx

Comment

Nat, it is normal to have those " moments " ,you are the most positive person I have ever known and you are so encouraging to all of us .We all want you to have the same peace and sense of well being.I think you are doing great with your upbeat way of dealing , I am going to be holding good thoughts for you and pray for a successful surgery .you have surrounded yourself with the good positive energy and that will be with you along with many prayers. (((Hugs)) and love
                      GING

Comment

I'm so confused with this new format. It's been a while since I last checked in here.
                        I thought I posted just a little bit ago, but I don't see it. Oh well! Maybe it went elsewhere. lol.
                        Anyhow, I wanted to touch base Nat, and let you know I'm thinking and praying for you!!!

Comment

Thanks Sandy! xx

Comment

Nat, I have been thinking about you and have you in my prayers. You have a great attitude! Hang in there and give a yell if you need anything. Take care, Shelly
                            Shelly

Comment

Thanks Shelly, I will :)

My sleeping is starting to go out the window as the day gets closer...getting nervous now...but I am remembering all that I have advised others, and am practising what i preach ;) hehehe

Knowing that sooooo many of you have gone before me and had great results is giving me comfort and reassurance right now.

Love and hugs,
                              Nat xx

Comment

Working...
                              X