Thread: Cancer care rationing begins in America

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

Default Cancer care rationing begins in America

you have got to feel for the folks that are being turned away

Abby

Cancer care rationing begins in America as cancer clinics turn away thousands of Medicare patients

Thursday, April 11, 2013 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writerhttp://www.naturalnews.com/039879
    _sequester_cancer_care_health_rationing.html

(NaturalNews) Federal sequestration measures that came into effect on April 1 are making it impossible for many cancer clinics across the country to administer conventional care to patients, and particularly to those on Medicare. Consequently, thousands of cancer patients with taxpayer-funded insurance coverage are being turned away, according to reports, as clinics simply do not have the capacity nor the funding to administer expensive pharmaceutical-based treatments such as chemotherapy.

According to the Washington Post, many cancer clinics are having to turn away patients without adequate coverage, or else face potential closure of their practices. Since many of the latest cancer drugs now cost upwards of $35,000 or more per year, it is grossly unsustainable to deliver such treatments to patients without adequate insurance coverage -- doing so would spell financial suicide for even the most successful and well-funded cancer clinics.

"If we treated the patients receiving the most expensive drugs, we'd be out of business in six months to a year," said Jeff Vacirca, chief executive of North Shore Hematology Oncology Associates in New York, to the Washington Post. "The drugs we're going to lose money on we're not going to administer right now."

Back in October, the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, another New York-based cancer center, announced that it would not be administering an expensive new cancer drug known as Zaltrap (ziv-afilbercept), a Sanofi-Aventis creation designed to treat metastatic colorectal cancer. According to an op-ed piece published by The New York Times (NYT), an average month's worth of treatment with Zaltrap costs more than $11,000, or more than $132,000 per year.

"We don't sugar-coat things, we're cancer doctors," explained Charles Holladay, an oncologist at the Charleston Cancer Center in South Carolina, to the Washington Post. Holladay's facility began informing many of its government-covered patients several weeks ago that they would have to seek out alternative treatment options.

"We tell them that if we don't go this course, it's just a matter of time before we go out of business," he added.

Prevention, natural treatments are the keys to beating cancer and avoiding a total healthcare meltdown
    Even if sequestration was not a factor in the current cancer treatment crisis, the ever-escalating costs of conventional cancer treatments would still be bankrupting an already-overburdened American healthcare system. The public at large is still not being informed about effective cancer prevention strategies, for instance, nor is there any effort whatsoever being made by public health authorities to teach people about effective natural cancer treatment options like the Gerson Therapy protocol, Indian black salve, and all-natural cannabis oil.

This, of course, is due to the fact that the conventional healthcare system is owned and operated by the pharmaceutical cartel, which has no interest in actually healing people. Instead, a sadistic combination of greed and eugenics is what drives healthcare, and especially the cancer industry, today -- and this death-care model is directly responsible for pushing the healthcare system to the precipice of complete destruction.

"With an aging global population and an endless conveyor belt of expensive new drugs and technologies and increasing financial pressures, the cost of cancer care in high-income countries is becoming unsustainable," said the journal The Lancet Oncology in a statement back in 2011 about the failure of the conventional cancer industry.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039879_se...#ixzz2QB580nxm

Sources for this article include:

http://www.washingtonpost.com

http://www.nytimes.com
    Last edited by Abby2006; 04-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Scared me there for a minute.....
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Default Greed

Go check out the price for the latest blockbuster drugs (which don't cure) for MS.

Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Read a book called Ration Nation byJohn Amen

After I get permssion from the author I will put a few excerpts

In the meantime look up IPAB (payment advisory board) which takes effect in 2015

I just found out all the 'death panel' stuff was in the health care bill (I did see it) but what got passed and what is in the passed bill is different but IPAB is real and ready to pounce and whar Sarah Palin said made perfect sense.

I know most of you foilks could care less whether you live or die but I for one do care an will fiight to stay alive.

Abby

If you folks don't care whether
    they' kill you or not why do you spend so much money on experiental drugs that if you haven't figured out yet is not going to cure you? Why not keep the money and live out your days on a dream vacation even if its in a wheelchair?

That has always baffled me, I mean what is the point? of continuing to bankroll the big wigs who could care less about us

Abby

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abby2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you folks don't care whether
    they' kill you or not why do you spend so much money on experiental drugs
    that if you haven't figured out yet is not going to cure you? Why not keep
    the money and live out your days on a dream vacation even if its in a
    wheelchair?

That has always baffled me, I mean what is the point? of continuing to
    bankroll the big wigs who could care less about us.
    Abby
    I haven't bankrolled big pharma for so called DMDs for the last 20 years.
    I think they only work for peeps who think they are working. The mind
    is a magnificent healing machine. Just like my LDN is working for me
    and others. (smile)

This new pill that Biogen has come up with, yes the poison pill!! Its
    copying LDN, in that it raises your endorphins. Only at 1000 times the
    cost of LDN.
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 04-12-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost