Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect Healing

Distinguished Community Member

Jan, sorry about your SIL. I'm glad there was a nice celebration of her life. She sounds like she was a wonderful lady.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Jan, you are a very special lady. You did a beautiful job writing Nancy's "celebration" for her family and friends. I know those songs and Victory In Jesus was very fitting. they all were, but I especially like Victory In Jesus.

I pray things are going better with Hank. I know how hard it is taking care of one with Alzheimer's Disease. If we find nothing else to be thankful for when it comes to Alzheimer's D. we can be thankful that we all found each other and I feel we have found friends for life. And to me that is beautiful!

May God Bless Us All, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Jan,your SIL sounds like a wonderful person. You were blessed to have her as part of your family.Sorry for your loss! only have a few more months til we can learn the new players for our teams.

hope both you & HANK are adjusting as best you can to life as it is these days. are you plannning a trip home this summer?

how's Dusty doing? what happened to doggie daycare plans?

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jan,your SIL sounds like a wonderful person. You were blessed to have her as part of your family.Sorry for your loss! only have a few more months til we can learn the new players for our teams.

hope both you & HANK are adjusting as best you can to life as it is these days. are you plannning a trip home this summer?

how's Dusty doing? what happened to doggie daycare plans?
    No I am staying in Texas, I don't think I should abandon Hank.
    This past April I took care of my friends 2 small dogs for almost three weeks and that just about did me in. Her dogs are used of pooping in her house and they did the same here. They had never been that bad, just about every day I was picking up piles..... I had to rent a machine and the woman who cleans for me came and ran the machine for me. I told my friend that I could not take them because I would walk them as far as I could go, then had to walk home and then they use my house as their toilet. Dusty is so good even when he was at her house. My body won't take the exercise it takes to walk her critters.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

dogs just did not want to learn how to do things right. I don'y blame youm I could not take care of dogs like that either.

Jan, sorry to read that you feel you can't go home to be with your siblings this summer. don't punish yourself please,would Hank even be aware you were gone?life does go on afterall.

those dogs would never have stayed here if not house trained! sorry your idea won't work out. you'll find something else I'm sure.

My sister Kathy, called me several days ago and talk to me about coming to Wisconsin. My one brother has offered to pay for her flight here so she can drive my truck to WI with me and Dusty in it....... It would be after July 4th and I would stay for about 6 weeks. All my friends here thinks I should take her up on it. I am concerned about Hank, but friends here has said that they would visit with him. I will have to talk to my clinic and contact the one in WI 65 miles from the cabin. I really did not like the one I went to the last time I was there.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

jan i sure wish it would work out that you could go visit with sister. it might be very restful to you . i am thinking it would be uplifting and give mind and body some rest and peace. if friends have offered to visit with husband that would be a relief i hope so that you would not have to worry so much about things back home. it is so nice that you have friends that are so helpful and I know they want to be helpful so i am hoping you get to take them up on their offer.

sorry if i am rattling and not making much sense but it is late is my excuse for being brain challenged right now, lol.

The trip to WI is on. My sister should be here about the 27th of this month and I'll have 6 weeks with my family. I have talked to one of the guys in charge at KLM and he sees no reason for me not to go. I have asked my pastor's wife to be a temperary POA and she said OK. Only thing is my tomato plant are starting to get tomatoes on them.......oh well..........................

Jan, so glad that the trip to Wisconsin is on. You need to take care of yourself first because if your not taken care of yourself you can't be there for hank. My mom made that mistake and she paid dearly for it. So please enjoy yourself with your family.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12